Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times

Advertisements

Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle

Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle
We need more moderate Republicans and the party needs to distance itself from the Tea Party. They turn off moderates and independents who might otherwise vote republican.

That said? Are you planning to date Hillary?

This is the Relationships forum. I'll move your post for ya.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I can see 4 years of these kinds of foolish threads.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
We need more moderate Republicans and the party needs to distance itself from the Tea Party. They turn off moderates and independents who might otherwise vote republican.

That said? Are you planning to date Hillary?

This is the Relationships forum. I'll move your post for ya.

really? so the 2010 elections meant nothing? what happened in 2008 and this year is that us republicans nominated a moderate candidate, and that is the problem. mccain and romney both were moderates as was bush43, in other words democrat light, and that wont win elections for republicans on a regular basis. the reason bush43 won is because the alternative was far worse, and the were less likeable. however we do have a number of good conservatives in the pipeline that will be ready for 2014 and 2016, and unless the economy takes off and we get to where obama said we would be in his first term, 5.4% unemployment, deficits cut in half, etc. the democrats are going to be toast as the people will realize that they were sold a bill of goods and the political pendulum will swing back to the right.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Too bad she didn't win the 1st time she ran. If I knew then what I know now, I would have voted for Hillary.

She'll be too old for the Dems in 2016. They'll find another Rock Star.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
There are going to be a lot of pissed off people when Obamacare kicks in in 2014. People who get their hours cut from 40 to 28 ain't gonna be real happy with the Democrats.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There are going to be a lot of pissed off people when Obamacare kicks in in 2014. People who get their hours cut from 40 to 28 ain't gonna be real happy with the Democrats.
But they'll get free BC.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
But they'll get free BC.
And they'll have extra hours to use it due to shorter working days. Win, win!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Too bad she didn't win the 1st time she ran. If I knew then what I know now, I would have voted for Hillary.

She'll be too old for the Dems in 2016. They'll find another Rock Star.
That Mexican in TX. Castro.

Quote:
Dems will spend the next 2 years blaming Republicans and refocusing the attention of the dimwits, which is extremely easy considering they have the attention span of a salted slug. By the time 0care rolls around, it will probably be known as BoehnerCare, or some such thing.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Dems will spend the next 2 years blaming Republicans and refocusing the attention of the dimwits, which is extremely easy considering they have the attention span of a salted slug. By the time 0care rolls around, it will probably be known as BoehnerCare, or some such thing.
Sadly, you are probably right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections