U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,783 posts, read 10,633,935 times
Reputation: 3963

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't believe that Hillary will run with the health problems that she has had. I doubt she would be up to the stress of the job. I think they just keep bringing her up because they don't have anyone else to really promote at this time. The way things are going in the US, we will probably have a dictator by 2016. Oh, that's right, we already have someone who thinks he is dictator and how's that working for us?
What do you mean ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM
 
Location: NY
12,263 posts, read 9,008,490 times
Reputation: 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
when did FOX news become a mouth piece of the democratic party ?
Whoops...silly me, I actually thought you were serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,783 posts, read 10,633,935 times
Reputation: 3963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Whoops...silly me, I actually thought you were serious.
You made the argument that the main stream media was a mouth piece for Democratic Party.

FOX has more viewer than that of MSNBC,HLN,CNN and Current combined. I realize you were being serious, but your argument was inaccurate.

If Rupert Murdock was telling the truth about his US news paper circulation(NY Post and WSJ) the his entirety is running far better than that of the majority of liberal groups outside of the NY Times.

If Rush Limbaugh and the other conservatives are right about Radio broadcast then you guys are winning there as well correct ? so why is it that you continue to claim the main stream media is so left leaning ?

You cant claim that you have superiority in 2 of the 3 major broadcasting/communications sectors and then claim that the media is controlled by liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,147,477 times
Reputation: 17979
I think that depends if Hillary can get past her association with Obama administration. Remember she quickly faded when a new comer called Obama came to the front with hardly any recognition in the country. Now Bill Clinton maybe but that is out. She is not Bill Clinton and its well known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,664,795 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Interesting logic..so even if she runs and wins nothing she does in her tenure as President will be attributed to her doing,it will all be chalked up as just natural economic cycles? so why bother having a President at all with that line of rational?.
In fact for those not liking Obama you could also say Obama is doing as good a job as is possible considering he's having to deal with a downturn in a natural economic cycle
Heres another line of logic, a representative of a party that just hates everything and everybody cant seriously expect to garner enough votes to be a credible contender for office of President.
Economic cycles have been taking place for thousands of years. To pretend that because we have Presidents, any cycles cease to exist is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
2,295 posts, read 2,034,071 times
Reputation: 3102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am amazed how so many libs can predict what will happen 3 years from now. I think your crystal ball might be broken!!
You were making similar posts this time last year when Democrats were predicting President Obama's re-election.

You know, there are times when it is possible to make a VERY educated guess about the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,946 posts, read 14,620,845 times
Reputation: 4457
I agree with the OP.

We will at least have another one-term Democratic President following Obama, likely even two terms. We are now in another period similar to 1933-1953 in which the Democrats were virtually unbeatable. It's going to take some time for the GOP to nationally moderate on issues essential to people born after 1980. Plus Obama is still a very beloved and popular President and unless that changes by 2016, I don't think it will be a contest. I would even go as far as to day it may be 2028 before the GOP has a chance of getting back into the oval office. The party should be very different by then should have moved away from the social stances that are repugnant to people born after 1980. Of course, that could all change should something major happen in this country that takes people's minds off "God, guns, and gays" and onto other issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 12:36 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,041,278 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OP, You are correct, but it is neither HC or BO. It is the radicalization of the GOP making them a non factor for POTUS.
I think the radicalization of the GOP certainly plays a huge part, no question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,041,278 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Nature and aging has really taken a toll on Hillary, she's starting to look like death warmed over.

She looks like she has some underlying health issues and that might derail a presidential run. Granted she would have been a better president than Obama.
I agree that she has aged considerably, and hopefully she doesn't have underlying health issues.

It's debatable whether she would've been a better president, or if she would've had to contend with as great a GOP opposition in Congress as Obama has had to deal with. I think the President has been exceptional given the pathetic nature of his obstructionist opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,041,278 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The blacks will return to their normal voting rates when Barry is gone. Hillary is a glorified housewife with ZERO executive experience. The country cannot afford another 8 years of "learning on the job".
At least a superior ideology supports her learning curve. Republicans operate under a regressive, backwards, ineffective ideology, and never learn. They just keep making the same mistakes, decimating the hell out of every category foreign and domestic.

Also, as a Republican with the enormous flawed judgment that elected and REELECTED that village idiot, you haven't the slightest clue what "the blacks" will do. It's likely that what they and many others won't do, is throw their support behind bigots (read GOP candidates).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top