U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,016,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Last Pres election isn't an indicator of anything except maybe, how will the Republicans might do in 2016. Let's face it, right now no one, in his/her right mind can honestly predict what will happen 3 years form now. Considering who ran against Obama, and considering he was our sitting Pres. he didn't win by all that much. I am taking %. And you do realize fewer young people voted in 2012 than in 2008 don't you?
Continue to be blind to the continued implosion of your hapless party. Following Bush's 8 horrific years, Republicans had 4 years to reinvent themselves, and emerge from the gutter that Bush/Neocons represented. The result? They got WORSE, with the tea party downgrade, and Neanderthal obstructionism as the sole policy ideology. In the last election, even with that ridiculous Supreme Court support through Citizens United, and enough campain support to wipe of the national debt, they STILL were annihilated by the President.

Don't keep your head in the sand, the demographics no longer favor the GOP with its bigoted ideology. Latinos certainly are playing a major role in that. The GOP is in a free fall because it's obvious that their only concern is for the rich, at the expense of everyone else. Thumbs down on the GOP and the next election will again make that clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 AM

11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You made the argument that the main stream media was a mouth piece for Democratic Party.

FOX has more viewer than that of MSNBC,HLN,CNN and Current combined. I realize you were being serious, but your argument was inaccurate.

If Rupert Murdock was telling the truth about his US news paper circulation(NY Post and WSJ) the his entirety is running far better than that of the majority of liberal groups outside of the NY Times.

If Rush Limbaugh and the other conservatives are right about Radio broadcast then you guys are winning there as well correct ? so why is it that you continue to claim the main stream media is so left leaning ?

You cant claim that you have superiority in 2 of the 3 major broadcasting/communications sectors and then claim that the media is controlled by liberals.
while true... those are ratings for cable news. very small IMO compared to CBS, NBC and ABC evening news.

I still think it's faux outrage tho...

Old 07-12-2013, 09:13 AM

21,729 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
while true... those are ratings for cable news. very small IMO compared to CBS, NBC and ABC evening news.

I still think it's faux outrage tho...
yes, but CBS,NBC and ABC dont really have any political ties. The right just calls them left leaning because there is a large group of people who think anything left of themselves is left leaning.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,362,274 times
Obama will beat That old battle axe Hillary this time too.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
yes, but CBS,NBC and ABC dont really have any political ties. The right just calls them left leaning because there is a large group of people who think anything left of themselves is left leaning.
I don't think for one minute you really believe what you just said. Think seriously about this: It has been said, and not just by the right, for years the MSM and MSNBC are far to the left. Think of the programming, even 60 minutes for starters. Barbara Walters, Mike Wallace before he died and How about Chris Matthews, what about Rachel M? What about the View, we get to watch every morning if we want. Thank God I have other things to do in the morning. What about David Letterman? Give me the name of 2 or more contributors to MSNBC that are even Republicans much less conservatives. For every one you can give, I can give you 3 Democrats or left wingers that are Fox contributors. Are you ready, let's get started?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:06 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Support appears to be gaining for Hillary Clinton to succeed the great President Obama as President of the United States in 2016. She would be the first WOMAN to hold that position, a result of the CHANGE that President Obama represents. Should would get even more support than President Obama did in this last election, completely obliterating the GOP opposition. The GOP will again waste a FORTUNE in the losing effort. Imagine her having Colin Powell as her running mate. How about an Latino as her running mate, or an Asian? Maybe she would pick someone who is of mixed-race and GAY? Any combination dooms the hapless GOP. There isn't a GOP candidate alive who could compete.

Former top Obama aides join pro-Hillary effort - First Read
I wouldn't count on it. A lot of the newer voters don't have that same god-like image of the Clintons, many were babies when they first heard of her husband molesting interns.

She's a bit past her prime now.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Continue to be blind to the continued implosion of your hapless party. Following Bush's 8 horrific years, Republicans had 4 years to reinvent themselves, and emerge from the gutter that Bush/Neocons represented. The result? They got WORSE, with the tea party downgrade, and Neanderthal obstructionism as the sole policy ideology. In the last election, even with that ridiculous Supreme Court support through Citizens United, and enough campain support to wipe of the national debt, they STILL were annihilated by the President.

Don't keep your head in the sand, the demographics no longer favor the GOP with its bigoted ideology. Latinos certainly are playing a major role in that. The GOP is in a free fall because it's obvious that their only concern is for the rich, at the expense of everyone else. Thumbs down on the GOP and the next election will again make that clear.
Latinos aren't really the monolith that you guys like to believe they are. For one, not all "latinos" are illegals that want unlimited immigration and big rewards for all who come here illegally.

Obama promised them he would get them amnesty very fast -- he has not done that yet. There could be some disillusion amongst the illegal latinos.

Other latinos might even care about jobs, education, some might even care about taxes. Obama is certainly doing zilch on those.

What's called the "latino vote" is actually only the illegal, pro-open borders, pro-abortion portion of the latinos -- and that isn't exactly all of the latinos. Even in the very liberal border area I'm in, you can find some die-hard Republican type latinos.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 PM

34,531 posts, read 42,694,765 times
I am so desperate to be rid of Obama, that I would even take Hillary. I disagree that a Republican won't get elected next, because even many Democrats are so disgusted with Obama that there may very well be a backlash against ANY Democrat in 2016.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:20 PM

12,172 posts, read 6,697,957 times
It takes a village to elect an idiot.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know how they are going to shake the stereotype of their 'war on women' as it seems to continue. In Ohio, Texas, NC and elsewhere. As another poster put it, Repubs need to figure out that Vagina and Utereus are not states with electoral votes.

Women will turn out in droves for this next election as recent abortion restrictions will have them fired up. They will not be kind to Republicans.
Not all women want to have their unborn children killed. At least as many of the pro-life side are women.

Especially many women really aren't as gung-ho about having babies killed that are now surviving in the ICN's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or