U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,087,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Interesting logic..so even if she runs and wins nothing she does in her tenure as President will be attributed to her doing,it will all be chalked up as just natural economic cycles? so why bother having a President at all with that line of rational?.
In fact for those not liking Obama you could also say Obama is doing as good a job as is possible considering he's having to deal with a downturn in a natural economic cycle
Heres another line of logic, a representative of a party that just hates everything and everybody cant seriously expect to garner enough votes to be a credible contender for office of President.
Hillary is skilled at what? Hillary has not experience running an economy. She has used her husband's political connections to gain power for herself --- she really flubbed it as Secretary of State. Her Arab Spring is turning out to be a big mess.

She's worse by far than Obama -- and that's not saying much for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 PM

12,263 posts, read 9,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hillary is skilled at what? Hillary has not experience running an economy. She has used her husband's political connections to gain power for herself --- she really flubbed it as Secretary of State. Her Arab Spring is turning out to be a big mess.

She's worse by far than Obama -- and that's not saying much for him.
I respect Hillary, she was an okay NY senator even though everyone understood she was only using it as a springboard for a presidential run. But I haven't been impressed with her run at State. Granted Obama made it impossible with his silly and feckless approach to foreign affairs, but her role in Benghazi was awful. She let Obama hide behind Susan Rice as Rice went out and peddled the administrations lies about Benghazi, which brought to mind her election campaign ad against Obama about the 3 am phone call. Where was Clinton?

We expect this now from Obama....without a teleprompter he's out of his depth on anything. But Hillary hid behind Rice's lies to the American public too. It brought back vivid images of Bill Clinton's lies, and reminded everyone the Clinton's just can't be trusted.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:25 PM

19,122 posts, read 21,538,114 times
Hillary is just another filthy lying piece of white trash. O like the lies about getting shot at

Google

Pick one

Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,152,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Hillary is just another filthy lying piece of white trash. O like the lies about getting shot at

Google

Pick one

You forgot to mention that she's a lesbian who was raped by the sexual deviant she had agreed to a marraige of convenience for political reasons with and had a daughter. Can you imagine being Chelsea, knowing how you came about..........

Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM

47,439 posts, read 24,980,492 times
I agree with Nita that there's a good chance that she won't run and if she does, she might do only one term in my opinion.

I think Obamacare's fortunes or failures can be hung up on any Democratic candidate also. If it's a fiasco, that's gonna be a major albatross for a Democrat to carry. So let's not be so cocky.

Nita is right...things DO change in 3 years. And surely, a lot will.

That said...i don't think she can lose at this point. I'm damn sure going to vote for her. I voted for her in the 08 primaries over Obama because i felt it was her turn and she was more ready.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 PM

12,172 posts, read 6,776,134 times
Three years before he was elected Obama was basically unknown to 99% of America. Lots can happen.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:15 PM

7,096 posts, read 10,902,739 times
Sadly the Republican party has yet to acknowledge that many people don't vote based on qualifications.

They vote for popularity, anti-establishment, or because their favorite celebrity told them who they should vote for. There's no beating that! Hence, we have the current clown in chief - part two.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 AM

69,803 posts, read 80,210,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Sadly the Republican party has yet to acknowledge that many people don't vote based on qualifications.

They vote for popularity, anti-establishment, or because their favorite celebrity told them who they should vote for. There's no beating that! Hence, we have the current clown in chief - part two.
Oh you think most of us don't know that: this is the problem, thee are too many who vote for reasons other than who can best lead our country? And yes, I have to say, Obama is an example of just this. I was or am certainly not a supporter of McCain or Romney, but I still think either would have done a better job. We will never know will we? Now, it is up to the party to find a candidate that has good, solid, workable ideas and the personality to attract voters. We can't blame not having a decent candidate on the Democrats.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 AM

47,439 posts, read 24,980,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post

If Republicans vote based on qualifications, how did McCain and Romney end up as your nominees?

Better yet, how did Palin get on the McCain ticket?

You guys don't base your votes in qualifications. The Republican Party has been reduced to throwing up candidates that they think can win. That's about it. Qualifications have squat to do with it.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 AM

69,803 posts, read 80,210,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Republicans vote based on qualifications, how did McCain and Romney end up as your nominees?

Better yet, how did Palin get on the McCain ticket?

You guys don't base your votes in qualifications. The Republican Party has been reduced to throwing up candidates that they think can win. That's about it. Qualifications have squat to do with it.
We didn't choose Palin and as much as I happen to share many of her views, I agree she was a very poor choice, totally unprepared and certainly not ready for prime time. As for Romney, he was very much qualified. I didn't like him, I still don't but why would you think he wasn't qualified? He had executive experience which Obama didn't have, for starters. We may not always share the views of a candidate, but that doesn't mean they basically are not qualified. I would have to say McCain was as well. Again, certainly more than Obama. He had many more years in the government and had served in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or