U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 AM

24,089 posts, read 10,192,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Support appears to be gaining for Hillary Clinton to succeed the great President Obama as President of the United States in 2016. She would be the first WOMAN to hold that position, a result of the CHANGE that President Obama represents. Should would get even more support than President Obama did in this last election, completely obliterating the GOP opposition. The GOP will again waste a FORTUNE in the losing effort. Imagine her having Colin Powell as her running mate. How about an Latino as her running mate, or an Asian? Maybe she would pick someone who is of mixed-race and GAY? Any combination dooms the hapless GOP. There isn't a GOP candidate alive who could compete.

Former top Obama aides join pro-Hillary effort - First Read
Just championing the same collectivist, racist viewpoint of electing a black president but now its about electing a woman President or a Gay or a Latino, or an Asian. Nothing about policy. Style over substance Yes We Can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM

24,089 posts, read 10,192,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We didn't choose Palin and as much as I happen to share many of her views, I agree she was a very poor choice, totally unprepared and certainly not ready for prime time. As for Romney, he was very much qualified. I didn't like him, I still don't but why would you think he wasn't qualified? He had executive experience which Obama didn't have, for starters. We may not always share the views of a candidate, but that doesn't mean they basically are not qualified. I would have to say McCain was as well. Again, certainly more than Obama. He had many more years in the government and had served in the military.
Agreed. It has been mentioned before Governors especially are very qualified.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM

494 posts, read 650,717 times
I REALLY hope and pray the dems are stupid enough to nominate her. At the very least history can once again be corrected to show what scumbags the Clintons are and more importantly how their policies have been a epic failure which many have ignored and or forgotten which ties into the mess we have had. YES DEMOCRATS PLEASE Run Clinton. I beg you all please run her.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 AM

6,335 posts, read 4,292,777 times
Not a Republican alive who can beat Hillary

George Zimmerman, 2016

Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 AM

21,914 posts, read 10,766,984 times
Quote:
I don't think for one minute you really believe what you just said. Think seriously about this: It has been said, and not just by the right, for years the MSM and MSNBC are far to the left. Think of the programming, even 60 minutes for starters. Barbara Walters, Mike Wallace before he died and How about Chris Matthews, what about Rachel M? What about the View, we get to watch every morning if we want. Thank God I have other things to do in the morning. What about David Letterman? Give me the name of 2 or more contributors to MSNBC that are even Republicans much less conservatives. For every one you can give, I can give you 3 Democrats or left wingers that are Fox contributors. Are you ready, let's get started?
1. just because you disagree with me does not mean i am lying. Why do you assume that those who disagree with you are lying ?

2.my comment said NBC, CBS and ABC. MSNBC is not mentioned.

MSNBC is admittedly left leaning, they dont hide it, they actually encourage it and wear the label proudly.

3. Your definition of far left is hilarious. As i said, you guys assume anything left of you is leftist. You are proving my point by calling CBS, NBC, ABC and even MSNBC far left.

4. The view is a talk show, Letterman is a late night comedy show, they arent news or political commentary which is what this conversation is about.

5, Steve Schmidt, Megan McCain, S.E. Cupp, Castellanos (first name is escaping me), Joe Scarborough and all 4 of his regular co host, Chuck Todd, Trey Harding. there are plenty of them who's names i cant remember,heck that congresswomen from Tennessee is on there every day just about.

but the point is, i never claimed MSNBC was not liberal, that is what your entire flawed argument is based on.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 AM

21,914 posts, read 10,766,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Not a Republican alive who can beat Hillary

George Zimmerman, 2016
he isnt really dead, the Fox News twitter handle that is spreading that rumor is a fake, it only has 1,400 followers and no blue check mark.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 AM

7,946 posts, read 14,681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Republicans vote based on qualifications, how did McCain and Romney end up as your nominees?

Better yet, how did Palin get on the McCain ticket?

You guys don't base your votes in qualifications. The Republican Party has been reduced to throwing up candidates that they think can win. That's about it. Qualifications have squat to do with it.
It's because the GOP is split right now and the past two cycles have had trouble finding a candidate to unite the party like Bush did in 2000. There is usually a religious conservative, a big money Republican, and a RINO. The RINO, though not supported by the majority of Republicans usually ends up winning by default.

McCain made a huge gaffe in picking Palin. If anybody remembers, Obama wasn't a sure thing in the summer of 2008 (I watched it closely back then). McCain was actually up in the polls for a short time. After Palin was exposed, the McCain campaign was pretty much done.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM

69,754 posts, read 80,148,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. just because you disagree with me does not mean i am lying. Why do you assume that those who disagree with you are lying ?

2.my comment said NBC, CBS and ABC. MSNBC is not mentioned.

MSNBC is admittedly left leaning, they dont hide it, they actually encourage it and wear the label proudly.

3. Your definition of far left is hilarious. As i said, you guys assume anything left of you is leftist. You are proving my point by calling CBS, NBC, ABC and even MSNBC far left.

4. The view is a talk show, Letterman is a late night comedy show, they arent news or political commentary which is what this conversation is about.

5, Steve Schmidt, Megan McCain, S.E. Cupp, Castellanos (first name is escaping me), Joe Scarborough and all 4 of his regular co host, Chuck Todd, Trey Harding. there are plenty of them who's names i cant remember,heck that congresswomen from Tennessee is on there every day just about.

but the point is, i never claimed MSNBC was not liberal, that is what your entire flawed argument is based on.
I am certainly not saying you are lying, I don't think I have ever called anyone on here a liar and I hope I never do. I have said, some peoples facts are wrong, like Hillary and a history on DVT. I have often made the comments that facts and opinions are not the same thing, but I am not saying you or anyone is a liar.

As for NBC and MSNBC aren't they part of the same company or am I wrong about that. BTW, Megan McCain is not a conservative, in fact she is very liberal on most issues. You call Letterman a comedy show, I think that is a matter of opinion, but the fact remains he is openly very liberal and the show leans left. When he does have a conservative guest, which he does, he loves to take them apart. The view is not a talk show, as most would think of when they think of a talk show: that would be like calling O'Reilly a talk show. And everyone gal on the View are far to the left now that Hasselbeck (spelling) has left.

Now. let see who are regular contributors on Fox? Juan Williams, Bob Beckel, Lis W, Geraldo, who does happen to be a registered Republican but he is very liberal: Joe Trippy, Chris Wallace (who is not a lib but is a registered Democrat) and the gal who is regularly on Fox Sunday as part of the panel for starters. Darn I can't remember her name.

You mention Chuck Todd, he is anything but a Republican or a conservative. Yes, S.E. Cupp is a Republican, not a conservative but she certainly is a Republican. Castellones is a Republican as well.

No, I certainly do not think everyone to the left of me is a leftist. I can think of many I do not think are leftist, many of regular posters to City Data. the are Democrats, are left of me in there thinking but they are also open minded and can sometimes see the other side of issues. They are not leftist. There is a huge difference between being a Democrat and a leftist.

Oh, I think I do remember her name: it is Kirston Powers I think.

Last edited by nmnita; 07-15-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 AM

69,754 posts, read 80,148,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It's because the GOP is split right now and the past two cycles have had trouble finding a candidate to unite the party like Bush did in 2000. There is usually a religious conservative, a big money Republican, and a RINO. The RINO, though not supported by the majority of Republicans usually ends up winning by default.

McCain made a huge gaffe in picking Palin. If anybody remembers, Obama wasn't a sure thing in the summer of 2008 (I watched it closely back then). McCain was actually up in the polls for a short time. After Palin was exposed, the McCain campaign was pretty much done.
You are totally right about Palin and I was taken in, like many, at the beginning. Had the election been a week or 10 days after she was chosen, the outcome could have been very different, unfortunately this did not happen. Today, she would be a much better candidate, but the damage has been done. She will never run for public office, instead she will continue to get rich.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM

10,104 posts, read 10,710,662 times
Quote:
I am certainly not saying you are lying, I don't think I have ever called anyone on here a liar and I hope I never do. I have said, some peoples facts are wrong, like Hillary and a history on DVT. I have often made the comments that facts and opinions are not the same thing, but I am not saying you or anyone is a liar.
Actually, that is precisely what you did.

Here's what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
I don't think for one minute you really believe what you just said.
Accusing someone of saying something that they believe is not true is accusing them of lying.

You owe somebody an apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or