U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 AM
 
5,235 posts, read 3,008,358 times
Reputation: 2007

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And what town in West Virginia is that exactly?


Ken
Any where along the Tug,Big Sandy rivers where coal is no longer mined Kermit,Crum once had vibrant little towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2013, 09:21 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,019,556 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I just noticed you live in California. That explains your militant liberal racism.

Carry on.
Sorry if the truth offends your delicate sensibilities. Hillary Clinton, if she decides to run, obliterates the entire Republican field. Her husband is still more popular than the entire Republican party. She has GAINED in popularity since '08. Republicans are in a free fall. Tea party-downgrade. Pubs have broken Congress with an atrocious stance of obstructionist nonsense. A continuous negative narrative that shows that they haven't changed one bit from the horrific Dubya years. So on and so forth.

I'm politically anti-bigot. I consider the merits of both sides. I've looked at both sides of the political argument in an objective manner and come to the conclusion that Conservatives are and have always been narrow-minded imbeciles. I keep hoping that just one person from the Right would come forth and demonstrate that the Right deserves to be a major political party in this society, not just champions of the bigots and the rich in this country. Just one. So far, zilch, nada, nothing. Just a lot of hot air, deceptive marketing, disastrous policies, and bigotry. What I see on the other side is far superior, as reflected in this great President we have at the helm now...and Hillary.

About being "militant", the correct way to view it is "passionate", "intense", and "compassionate". Easy to be this way when you are always on the superior side of the political argument

About being racist, you're wrong again. I recognize racism as represented by your side. So it's not "racism", but "bigotry-acknowldgement."

You have a problem with California. Great state. As CA goes, so does the nation...and don't you forget it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM
 
Location: NY
12,263 posts, read 8,989,075 times
Reputation: 8015
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
About being "militant", the correct way to view it is "passionate", "intense", and "compassionate". Easy to be this way when you are always on the superior side of the political argument
Ahh, the superior liberal mindset, look what it's done for Detroit.

And look what the superior side of the political argument is doing for California - "The combined debt of California’s state and local governments is at least $848 billion and could escalate past $1.1 trillion, according to a new report." Report: California

Thanks, but I'll take those conservative meanies, and one of them is going to kick Hillary's butt in 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:59 AM
 
Location: the ass of nowhere (the midwest)
501 posts, read 582,621 times
Reputation: 461
I think it would be fun having Hillary after Obama and Bush, we can sit back and make more jokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
 
2,024 posts, read 4,471,467 times
Reputation: 1991
Except Hillary pretty much is a republican since she is a Wall Street right wing Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,273 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38632
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Except Hillary pretty much is a republican since she is a Wall Street right wing Democrat.
I don't think so, do you remember her idea on federal medical care or her comment about mommies who stay at home making cookies? I would never classify her as a right wing anything. Not all Wall Streeters are right wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM
 
Location: NY
12,263 posts, read 8,989,075 times
Reputation: 8015
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Except Hillary pretty much is a republican since she is a Wall Street right wing Democrat.
Where do you folks think Wall Street is? The idea of Wall St being right wing is a lib/prog concoction that gets flogged with illogical and tireless stupidity. Wall Street and it's liberal NY'ers were huge contibutors to the Obama campaign and will do so for Hillary too, even though she's going to get clobbered if she makes it through the primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
NS railroad is one of the richest,long haul carriers of coal, owners of coal mines and piers in Norfolk Va for export of said coal that you claim you know all about.
NS Corp. has a land development company they own the land that New Steel wants to build their mill on and what do steel mills need?
Coal for the carbon to make steel ...Wheelerburg Ohio NS blends coal to a specialised mix for power plants that create electricity for you to print your total ignorance.
I suggest you look up Norfolk Southern Corporation and educate yourself before you comment.
Again, NONE of which explains your contention that Obama is shutting down US exports of coal - a contention that is clearly utter nonsense considring that US coal exports are CLIMBING.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Any where along the Tug,Big Sandy rivers where coal is no longer mined Kermit,Crum once had vibrant little towns.
So if they were once "vibrant little towns" WHY didn't they have sewers and running water?
After all, just a few posts back you said the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Oh Kenny lord balfore I have been to West Virginia where there was no water or sewage system peoples so poor and ignorant that the Carrib looks like paradise ...you don't know s%!t from applebutter...
These were either "once vibrant" - which I would assume means they had running water and sewers (after all, I can't imagine ANYONE calling a town "vibrant" if it doesn't have basic water and sanitation) - or they are places so backwards they don't have sewer and running water. They can't be both - they have to be one or the other. Sewer and water lines don't just suddenly go away because a town falls on hard times.

Seems to me that one or the other of your two posts has to be total bullsh*t - so which is it?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
 
4,285 posts, read 2,744,681 times
Reputation: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Sorry if the truth offends your delicate sensibilities. Hillary Clinton, if she decides to run, obliterates the entire Republican field. Her husband is still more popular than the entire Republican party. She has GAINED in popularity since '08. Republicans are in a free fall. Tea party-downgrade. Pubs have broken Congress with an atrocious stance of obstructionist nonsense. A continuous negative narrative that shows that they haven't changed one bit from the horrific Dubya years. So on and so forth.

I'm politically anti-bigot. I consider the merits of both sides. I've looked at both sides of the political argument in an objective manner and come to the conclusion that Conservatives are and have always been narrow-minded imbeciles. I keep hoping that just one person from the Right would come forth and demonstrate that the Right deserves to be a major political party in this society, not just champions of the bigots and the rich in this country. Just one. So far, zilch, nada, nothing. Just a lot of hot air, deceptive marketing, disastrous policies, and bigotry. What I see on the other side is far superior, as reflected in this great President we have at the helm now...and Hillary.

About being "militant", the correct way to view it is "passionate", "intense", and "compassionate". Easy to be this way when you are always on the superior side of the political argument

About being racist, you're wrong again. I recognize racism as represented by your side. So it's not "racism", but "bigotry-acknowldgement."

You have a problem with California. Great state. As CA goes, so does the nation...and don't you forget it either.
is that why the country is in the toilet? horrific president=horrific kalifornia=horrific united states. good choice homie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top