U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:23 AM
 
92 posts, read 56,065 times
Reputation: 29

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Nah, only in the minds of those who wouldn't vote for her anywhere - to the rest of us out here Benghazi is Yet Another False Scandal that just shows how far down the Insane Party of Hatred and No has fallen.

Hey! Maybe Issa will get the boot! That would be a hoot.
She clearly lied about it not being terrorism but about some video nobody saw.

It wasn't just a scandal, it was poor leadership not to have more security over there nor any kind of response to save those people once the terrorism started.

If you excuse that away, you excuse anything away which is typical of people who can support the Clintons after all the thigns they have done over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:35 AM
 
Location: NJ
15,912 posts, read 10,965,840 times
Reputation: 10116
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
It's now 2014, and Republicans still fear a Hilary candidacy. Christie has imploded. Paul? Not a chance in hell. Rubio? How can he run when he keeps a foot in his mouth? Condoleeza? The bigoted GOP couldn't stand to have a black person head the ticket. Also hard to elevate a woman to the top post when they don't respect a woman's right to choose.

Hilary would be the first President of the United States who happens to be a WOMAN. Her husband is more popular than any Republican. He's a former President who was successful and is still honored and beloved like no current Republican is.
Bigoted GOP, really? No one can take the person who claims that seriously. After that statement, nothing of value can be expected to be heard.

And Dems fear a Christie candidacy. Wihtin 24 of CC's news conference they assigned aUS attorney to investigate the lane closures while fast and furious, IRS and Benghazi are still waiting in the que.

Any word on the stress and panic attacks and probable deaths caused by flying the president's plane over NYC for a photo shoot and scaring the heck out of NYC?

Quite a leap of logic to conclude anything about GOP strategy based on a 'right to choose' position......would make a good 'direct tv' commercial.

What does Bill have to do with Hillary running for president?
Are you saying Hillary is only worth Bill's accomplishments?

Oh let's not forget how Bill pardoned financier Marc Rich and the PR terrorists with the help of Eric Holder. Then there were the other women Bill ravished and dumped. One could easily argue Bill hates women and anyone who endorse him hates women.

Bill cheated on Hillary in the whitehouse and lied about it. You endorse thsoe ethics? If so they are your ethics.

Bet Hillary changes the carpet in the oval office first thing and is never seen in a blue dress.
How is that claim of being under sniper fire going for Hillary?
Vince Foster and Hillary will be forever linked. Then there is whitewater.

Hillary wishes she had only a lane closure in her sordid past to defend. Somehow it is easier for Hillary to lie about being under sniper fire and getting a pass than to have two lanes closed in NJ where lanes closures and traffic jams are a daily occurrence. But hey, "what does it matter'?

This country does not need another novelty election. It would be a novel election in 2016 if candidates were selected based on their accomplishments and experience instead of the need to participate in an 'historic' election with the attitude...what harm can he do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:37 AM
 
92 posts, read 56,065 times
Reputation: 29
Christie pretty unlikely to win the Republican nominee, he'd eeither switch to Democrat or run as an independent. He's really more of a Democrat on the issues at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
8,283 posts, read 5,840,308 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
Christie pretty unlikely to win the Republican nominee, he'd eeither switch to Democrat or run as an independent. He's really more of a Democrat on the issues at this point.
No. Christie definitely isn't aligned with Democrat on the most if not all of the issues. He's just not as extreme on some of the hot-button social issues compared with the Tea Party folks. Don't let the cooperation during Hurricane Sandy fool you. And his scorched-earth approach to political conflict pretty much ensures that the Democrats wouldn't welcome him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,288,204 times
Reputation: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Now that you have thrown your partisan rocks, answer the OP question, who in the Republican Party that can make it through the primary could beat her in the general election?


what I would like to know is why does all the foot stomping start so early
you all are already wanting a president and vice president
but no wait
does not matter because Hillary has already won
good grief~~~ your heads are on fire~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 AM
 
92 posts, read 56,065 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No. Christie definitely isn't aligned with Democrat on the most if not all of the issues. He's just not as extreme on some of the hot-button social issues compared with the Tea Party folks. Don't let the cooperation during Hurricane Sandy fool you. And his scorched-earth approach to political conflict pretty much ensures that the Democrats wouldn't welcome him in.
lol you stupid, you don't think Obama and the CLIntons have scorched earth approaches?

Obama abused the IRS to target his opponents. He came up with government shutdown and sequester to get citiziens into pain on purpose for which he would then blame Republicans.

Your idea of extreme is typical of a leftwinger. The party of abortion calling people opposed to it as extreme is funny. Being pro abortion is the extreme view on that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,288,204 times
Reputation: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Bigoted GOP, really? No one can take the person who claims that seriously. After that statement, nothing of value can be expected to be heard.

And Dems fear a Christie candidacy. Wihtin 24 of CC's news conference they assigned aUS attorney to investigate the lane closures while fast and furious, IRS and Benghazi are still waiting in the que.

Any word on the stress and panic attacks and probable deaths caused by flying the president's plane over NYC for a photo shoot and scaring the heck out of NYC?

Quite a leap of logic to conclude anything about GOP strategy based on a 'right to choose' position......would make a good 'direct tv' commercial.

What does Bill have to do with Hillary running for president?
Are you saying Hillary is only worth Bill's accomplishments?

Oh let's not forget how Bill pardoned financier Marc Rich and the PR terrorists with the help of Eric Holder. Then there were the other women Bill ravished and dumped. One could easily argue Bill hates women and anyone who endorse him hates women.

Bill cheated on Hillary in the whitehouse and lied about it. You endorse thsoe ethics? If so they are your ethics.

Bet Hillary changes the carpet in the oval office first thing and is never seen in a blue dress.
How is that claim of being under sniper fire going for Hillary?
Vince Foster and Hillary will be forever linked. Then there is whitewater.

Hillary wishes she had only a lane closure in her sordid past to defend. Somehow it is easier for Hillary to lie about being under sniper fire and getting a pass than to have two lanes closed in NJ where lanes closures and traffic jams are a daily occurrence. But hey, "what does it matter'?

This country does not need another novelty election. It would be a novel election in 2016 if candidates were selected based on their accomplishments and experience instead of the need to participate in an 'historic' election with the attitude...what harm can he do?


shoot I forgot about her lying about that sniper stuff
I was a supporter of her in ,08 and when this broke I wanted to personally kick her ass!! what a dope!!
but like the good little cut out dem I was I kept standing by her
she lost me when she went to work for Obama!! I lost all respect and it has ben downhill ever since I would not vote for her to clean my cat boxes~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
8,283 posts, read 5,840,308 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
lol you stupid, you don't think Obama and the CLIntons have scorched earth approaches?

Obama abused the IRS to target his opponents. He came up with government shutdown and sequester to get citiziens into pain on purpose for which he would then blame Republicans.

Your idea of extreme is typical of a leftwinger. The party of abortin calling people opposed to it as extreme is funny. Being pro abortion is the extreme view on that issue.
I see that you don't let facts or logic get in the way of your beliefs.

Going off on a tangent with groundless comments on Obama instead of addressing the comments directly is usually a sign that you don't have an argument.

I'll let your childish ad hominem remarks speak for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 AM
 
994 posts, read 1,199,325 times
Reputation: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No. Christie definitely isn't aligned with Democrat on the most if not all of the issues. He's just not as extreme on some of the hot-button social issues compared with the Tea Party folks. Don't let the cooperation during Hurricane Sandy fool you. And his scorched-earth approach to political conflict pretty much ensures that the Democrats wouldn't welcome him in.
Finally, someone who actually pays attention to politics!

Christie is most definitely not a Democrat. And the fact that the far-right keeps saying that is the most definitive proof of all that they don't know anything because they don't pay attention to what is actually said and done in politics. It's like they solely base all their opinions off other people's (certain news commentators) opinions.

Christie can definitely appeal to Democrats because, as you said, he's not an ultraconservative. Moreover the part of the "Democratic" party platform with which Christie is somewhat aligned looks very similar to what was in the Republican platform back in the good ol' days of the party, before they took the religious right and radicals under their wing.

HenryTimrod, I suggest you cool it with the vitriolic language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
8,283 posts, read 5,840,308 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica Lewinsky View Post
I'll let Obama's lieas about Obamacare "you can keep your doctor" "families will see their premiums go down 2500 dollars" and the 5 year dismal economy speak for you and all Obama voters. You have no crediblity.
Yawn. Yet another ad hominem rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top