Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 06:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh my, I totally disagree about the Republicans having a viable candidate. I think they have many, they have a lot more good, quality, young possible candidates than the Democrats for that matter. Yes, Chirsie will be a player I think, but there are about 3 or 4 more that could surprise everyone.

I always agree with you and your spot on. I see many good quality, valid young possible candidates then the other side.

And after what the other side has put this economy thru unemployment thru, small business, Division like none ever, and the lies and deceit and the scandals they know nothing about. Nothing goes does in stone ever. And the health care Fiasco mess we have seen, with Obamacare, really now, we do not need more of this.

Ya'all have a crystal ball, nice to know when I have a question I need answers too, I now know where to go.

Everything you say as always makes so much sense. Dinner Time Manga!

Ciao

Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,743,844 times
........."Not a Republican alive who can beat Hillary "..

In 2007 the " experts" were proclaiming..............." No one can prevent Hillary from being president "

She couldn't even get her own party's nomination !

What I'm trying to say is it is way too early to be making bold predictions this long before an election.

Even early in 2008 , it was a foregone conclusion by the " experts" that the race would be between Hillary (D) and Rudy (R).

Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm in the same boat, problem is to date i've never found a Republican that represented my political views therefore the default vote for party rather than individual,
I could have guessed you would never vote Republican, but this is what makes all of us different. Some see 2 sides, others are very firm in their beliefs and can't see the pros and cons from another view. This is what makes us all different, with no one way totally right or totally wrong.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I always agree with you and your spot on. I see many good quality, valid young possible candidates then the other side.

And after what the other side has put this economy thru unemployment thru, small business, Division like none ever, and the lies and deceit and the scandals they know nothing about. Nothing goes does in stone ever. And the health care Fiasco mess we have seen, with Obamacare, really now, we do not need more of this.

Ya'all have a crystal ball, nice to know when I have a question I need answers too, I now know where to go.

Everything you say as always makes so much sense. Dinner Time Manga!

Ciao
Thanks, what makes me shudder is when, we are told how the present administration has improved our economy and brought unemployment down. Tell that to our daughter, her husband or the 1500 or so who work for the company they used to work for but were forced into early retirement. Many are or will soon be unemployed and too young to even consider retirement. Or what about the companies that are still doing mass layoffs? How many of those no longer unemployed as we are told, actually have stopped looking, taken part time jobs or are totally underemployed?

Add to that the health care fiasco as you call it. Yep, it affects almost everyone. I have seen, again, with in my own family what has happened to premiums and what has happened to some seniors supplementary insurance. We were lucky, our premiums didn't go up, but our deductables and the cost of office visits went up about 33%.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Tom Corbett

I think he is a dark horse...and may come in the race.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Tom Corbett

I think he is a dark horse...and may come in the race.
pa hates his guts, he won't even be able to keep his governorship.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:37 PM

924 posts, read 666,941 times
Hopefully Wendy Davis or Bernie Sanders run against her.

Hilary is a centrist just like Obama and that's obviously not been working.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Hopefully Wendy Davis or Bernie Sanders run against her.

Hilary is a centrist just like Obama and that's obviously not been working.
neither one will run against her and if they did, they would be out of the race before they even got started.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Thanks, what makes me shudder is when, we are told how the present administration has improved our economy and brought unemployment down. Tell that to our daughter, her husband or the 1500 or so who work for the company they used to work for but were forced into early retirement. Many are or will soon be unemployed and too young to even consider retirement. Or what about the companies that are still doing mass layoffs? How many of those no longer unemployed as we are told, actually have stopped looking, taken part time jobs or are totally underemployed?
Is this the same daughter that was vice president of a company?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Is this the same daughter that was vice president of a company?
yep, it sure is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections