U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,989,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Hillary and Bill are damaged goods
I agree, they are damaged goods, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but remember there are so many out there that just want to vote for a candidate so they can say they supported the first whatever for Pres. Maybe the first woman, Hispanic. old goat, or who knows?
I'm shocked at the number of women I talk to who plan to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. No other reason. This is the kind of nonsense I always hear. Benghazi, who cares? Bill...she'll put him on a leash, wait and see. Competence? She was SoS, she must be competent.

Women are going to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:28 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
but remember there are so many out there that just want to vote for a candidate so they can say they supported the first whatever for Pres. Maybe the first woman, Hispanic. old goat, or who knows?

As always you know I agree with you, so insightful. But for those who do vote for a candidate based on being the first whatever, fill in the blank! how shallow that vote really turns out to be. For what was promised day in and day out, was a farce?

Should be vote base on what is good for the Country, and to each and every one of us, we should matter, not a select few.

I have not always voted for one party, but the way one seems to be going, it is by the wayside and so predictable, with their lies and blackmail schemes. And deceitful practices, of trying to scare the nave and faint at heart. Talk about a old goat, Reid that old lying Goat, needs to get the hell out , and enjoy his time gambling. Since he gambles with our lives.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:34 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,930,210 times
I predict the Republicans will present either the filthy rich Televangelist Joel Osteen so they can continue their malarkey about how 'Christian' their party is... or they will once again dig up their usual 'old codger' who is older than dirt,LOL!

Maybe 'The Arnold' is old enough for their tastes now!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 AM

69,275 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I agree, they are damaged goods, but...

I'm shocked at the number of women I talk to who plan to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. No other reason. This is the kind of nonsense I always hear. Benghazi, who cares? Bill...she'll put him on a leash, wait and see. Competence? She was SoS, she must be competent.

Women are going to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman.
this probably depends on where you live. We all know there are some states that will support her for that reason, if none other. But I am guessing most of those states would be hard pressed to support many Republicans. I do not think, for instance Hispanics will automatically support her just because she is a woman. Yes, there are many who will and it makes me wonder, where our heads are. This goes for supporting a minority candidate, or not supporting a woman cause she doesn't belong in politics.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:57 AM

69,275 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I predict the Republicans will present either the filthy rich Televangelist Joel Osteen so they can continue their malarkey about how 'Christian' their party is... or they will once again dig up their usual 'old codger' who is older than dirt,LOL!

Maybe 'The Arnold' is old enough for their tastes now!
and was this post meant to be funny or what? It makes no sense what so ever!!!

Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
and was this post meant to be funny or what? It makes no sense what so ever!
Really? I thought it makes every bit as much sense as the rest of the posts, and probably has more truisms,as well. One thing for sure their candidates are always worth a good laugh!

Wanna wager how RELIGIOUS/CHRISTIAN,or how OLD their next candidate will be?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:31 AM

13,136 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Why isn't there a woman that is smart enough to be President? I don't mean Hillary - it is long past time to move away from "royal" candidates. We need fresh, new, blood leading our Country. This week there is talk about equality in the work place - but where is the equality in the Oval Office?

I personally hate both major parties - I just don't see a difference anymore. They both keep us at war and they don't pay down the debt. I really wish that we could have a credible third party grab for power. It just amazes me that women have not asserted themselves in the bid for power. We do have more women CEO's. I just hunger for change.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:07 PM

fisheye~
Quote:
I personally hate both major parties - I just don't see a difference anymore. They both keep us at war and they don't pay down the debt. I really wish that we could have a credible third party grab for power. It just amazes me that women have not asserted themselves in the bid for power. We do have more women CEO's. I just hunger for change.
AMEN to that! I'm sure you meant to say that you hunger for 'REAL' change, not just the BS change we got from Obama which was nothing more than having a black man for president.

For the same reason I don't want a woman President for no more reason than because of her gender.

I want to see another political party sweep the elections!

It's way past time for Dems and the GOP to get the hell out of town! They have robbed the American people for their freaking PERKS for decades too long!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM

25,406 posts, read 14,492,810 times
One word that can really hurt Hillary, BENGHAZI. Remember this ad from 2008?

Hillary Clinton Ad - 3 AM White House Ringing Phone - YouTube Yeah that ad wont be reused as an attack against her. All you would need to do is show the four dead and their families.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 PM

3,861 posts, read 9,273,111 times
Why would anyone want to vote for her? We need NEW people with new ideas, not rehashed politicians with name recognition. I have come to the conclusion that, if I recognize their name, there is a good chance they need to be voted out, not in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or