U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 AM
 
Location: north central Ohio
8,001 posts, read 3,961,947 times
Reputation: 4767

Advertisements

Wow Republicans are such unbelievable history REVISIONISTS!

BTW,I no longer support either party,but I have always noticed that it has ALWAYS been a REPUBLICAN President who committed the most heinous crimes while in office,Nixon-Watergate,Reagan-Iran-Contra,GW Bush-Iraqgate/Valerie Plame Affair.

List of federal political scandals in the United States-Good Gosh look how loooooong the list is under GW and Reagan!!!!!

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Let's see Clinton was caught with his pants down, not exactly a 'CRIMINAL' offense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 AM
 
Location: north central Ohio
8,001 posts, read 3,961,947 times
Reputation: 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Another atheist ideologue making insane predictions and then following them up with equally senseless reasoning.

I am proud to be an atheist and not a STEPFORD disciple of some imaginary/mythical entity, such as the human St.Ronnie,or some non-existent spirit,ROTFLMBO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 09:40 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,003 posts, read 21,990,038 times
Reputation: 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It really comes to the bottom line , Reagan turn the economy around in 2 years despite the outrageous claims you have made. Carter at one time has 12 percent unemployment. What drove that was partially the Automotive industry were there was massive layoffs. Remember Chrysler going bankrupted?


Carter was a failure, just Obama and Reagan turned it and that's the difference.


Clinton and the President lied (People died) and this was more about running for President rather than Secret Ops. It was know by the DOD it was a Terrorist act against a American Target and they failed to act and put in a reaction team. It was more about the old shell game.
There you go just making stuff up again. You say "Reagan turn the economy around in 2 years" - WHICH "2 years was that? Was it the 2 years between his innauguration in Jan 1981 and Dec 1983 when the UE rate CLIMBED from 7.5% TO 10.8%?

Which "Outrageous claims" did I make?
You mean the DOCUMENTED FACTS?
The HISTORICAL RECORD?
UE rates and inflation rates are recorded every single month - and HAVE BEEN FOR DECADES.

And WHEN did "Carter have a 12 percent unemployment"?
I swear you bozos live in your own little dream world that has nothing to do with reality whatsoever. Highest unemployment under Carter was 7.8%. Under Reagan? 10.8%.

Geeze! You clowns are unbelievable.


Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,003 posts, read 21,990,038 times
Reputation: 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The economy was doing well from 1984 all the way through the end of his second term. Not bad, considering the terrible economy he inherited (13% inflation, 20+% interest rates, etc).
"The economy was doing well from 1984 all the way through the end of his second term"? - You mean including the 2 FULL YEARS (1984 - 1985) when the UE rate NEVER dropped below 7%?
Or the year of 1986 when the UE spent most of it's time at 7% or more?
Are THOSE the "doing well" years you are referring?
So I guess that means you think Obama is doing well, since the UE rate has not climbed about 7% since November.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,161 posts, read 26,684,302 times
Reputation: 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Wow Republicans are such unbelievable history REVISIONISTS!

BTW,I no longer support either party,but I have always noticed that it has ALWAYS been a REPUBLICAN President who committed the most heinous crimes while in office,Nixon-Watergate,Reagan-Iran-Contra,GW Bush-Iraqgate/Valerie Plame Affair.

List of federal political scandals in the United States-Good Gosh look how loooooong the list is under GW and Reagan!!!!!

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Let's see Clinton was caught with his pants down, not exactly a 'CRIMINAL' offense!
Clinton was the most corrupt president in U.S. history...

THE CLINTON LEGACY

Watergate was nothing compared to the FDR presidency (his son, Jimmy Roosevelt, said his father's administration did exactly the same thing as the Nixon administration... even more so, but were never caught).

The way Iran-Contra was done was not illegal at the time it happened.

What is "Iraq-gate?"

Valerie Plame was not convert when her name was revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 06:41 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There you go just making stuff up again. You say "Reagan turn the economy around in 2 years" - WHICH "2 years was that? Was it the 2 years between his innauguration in Jan 1981 and Dec 1983 when the UE rate CLIMBED from 7.5% TO 10.8%?

Which "Outrageous claims" did I make?
You mean the DOCUMENTED FACTS?
The HISTORICAL RECORD?
UE rates and inflation rates are recorded every single month - and HAVE BEEN FOR DECADES.

And WHEN did "Carter have a 12 percent unemployment"?
I swear you bozos live in your own little dream world that has nothing to do with reality whatsoever. Highest unemployment under Carter was 7.8%. Under Reagan? 10.8%.

Geeze! You clowns are unbelievable.


Ken
Look a the Wikipedia on the Misery rates with Inflation. You find in 1908n your boy was @ a unemployment rate of 12% and combined with the Inflation rate Old Jimmy spotted a 19 percent.

Plus Carter had stagnate inflation which drove his states down.

Not I got to be fair and jimmy in the beginning of his term has a 7.3 percent. that is before he Oil embargo and the auto industry took a dump.

You think you are one up on the world take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)

Very grime numbers for President Carter.

Who is rewriting History!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 06:54 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Reputation: 2449
Default OMG Demcrates are tring again to look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Wow Republicans are such unbelievable history REVISIONISTS!

BTW,I no longer support either party,but I have always noticed that it has ALWAYS been a REPUBLICAN President who committed the most heinous crimes while in office,Nixon-Watergate,Reagan-Iran-Contra,GW Bush-Iraqgate/Valerie Plame Affair.

List of federal political scandals in the United States-Good Gosh look how loooooong the list is under GW and Reagan!!!!!

List of federal political scandals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Let's see Clinton was caught with his pants down, not exactly a 'CRIMINAL' offense!


Well lets expand on Smooth Bill for a minute, Not only he was caught and lied to the country. He has a grave history of being a sexual predator . Every forget about the Jenifer Flowers case.

You you consider s sex crime "Heinous"????

Nixon resigned and that was the right thing to do. On the contrary the NSA is snooping in every day Americans.

That's a problem your Obama?

Iran contra ran its course and those involves were punish, but the funny thing about is at the time it was not against the law!

Valerie come on she was even a agent. Just wanted to get political traction and her Joe? what piece of work!

I could easily say those darn democrats trying spin and duck again. The Fact is any one in Office any period of time seems to have the same Issues. Politian's get their finger caught on the cookie jar and cry foul. Its no me its those pesky........!

Heck we are still compiling what Obama is trying to get past the US Constitution.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2014, 10:31 PM
 
Location: north central Ohio
8,001 posts, read 3,961,947 times
Reputation: 4767
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
[/color]

Well lets expand on Smooth Bill for a minute, Not only he was caught and lied to the country. He has a grave history of being a sexual predator . Every forget about the Jenifer Flowers case.

You you consider s sex crime "Heinous"????

Nixon resigned and that was the right thing to do. On the contrary the NSA is snooping in every day Americans.

That's a problem your Obama?

Iran contra ran its course and those involves were punish, but the funny thing about is at the time it was not against the law!

Valerie come on she was even a agent. Just wanted to get political traction and her Joe? what piece of work!

I could easily say those darn democrats trying spin and duck again. The Fact is any one in Office any period of time seems to have the same Issues. Politian's get their finger caught on the cookie jar and cry foul. Its no me its those pesky........!

Heck we are still compiling what Obama is trying to get past the US Constitution.!
STOP with your BS LYING ALREADY!!!!!

"On Oct. 28, 2005, a grand jury handed down a five-count indictment in the 22-month-long investigation into whether White House officials illegally leaked the identity of Valerie Plame, a covert CIA agent, in retaliation for public criticisms made by her husband, Joseph Wilson IV, about the Bush administration's case for invading Iraq. "

Key Players in the Valerie Plame Affair

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder by Vincent Bugliosi
In The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, Bugliosi presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq. Bugliosi sets forth the legal architecture and incontrovertible evidence that President Bush took this nation to war in Iraq under false pretenses—a war that has not only caused the deaths of American soldiers but also over 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women, and children; cost the United States over one trillion dollars thus far with no end in sight; and alienated many American allies in the Western world.

Vincent Bugliosi received his law degree in 1964. In his career at the L.A. County District Attorney’s office, he successfully prosecuted 105 out of 106 felony jury trials, including 21 murder convictions without a single loss.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Prosecutio.../dp/159315481X

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 04-21-2014 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 AM
 
5,368 posts, read 5,739,392 times
Reputation: 7158
Hilary isn't no damn progressive or liberal lol, she's a center right corporatist democrat with big connections to Wall Street like her husband
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,003 posts, read 21,990,038 times
Reputation: 6558
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Look a the Wikipedia on the Misery rates with Inflation. You find in 1908n your boy was @ a unemployment rate of 12% and combined with the Inflation rate Old Jimmy spotted a 19 percent.

Plus Carter had stagnate inflation which drove his states down.

Not I got to be fair and jimmy in the beginning of his term has a 7.3 percent. that is before he Oil embargo and the auto industry took a dump.

You think you are one up on the world take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)

Very grime numbers for President Carter.

Who is rewriting History!
Talk about ignorant. The "Misery Index" is NOT the "Inflation Rate". The "Misery Index" is a separate index comprised of both inflation and unemployment COMBINED, so you LIED when you claimed that Carter had a 12% UE rate - that NEVER HAPPENED. The inflation rate may have been 12% - but THAT is not what you CLAIMED. You CLAIMED that Carter had a UE rate of 12%. HERE is your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It really comes to the bottom line , Reagan turn the economy around in 2 years despite the outrageous claims you have made. Carter at one time has 12 percent unemployment. What drove that was partially the Automotive industry were there was massive layoffs. Remember Chrysler going bankrupted?


Carter was a failure, just Obama and Reagan turned it and that's the difference.


Clinton and the President lied (People died) and this was more about running for President rather than Secret Ops. It was know by the DOD it was a Terrorist act against a American Target and they failed to act and put in a reaction team. It was more about the old shell game.
I've marked in RED where you lied and said that Carter had a 12% unemployment rate. THAT never happened - EVER. Notice however that, that didn't stop you from LYING about it.

But OK, let's talk about that "misery index" you seem so fond of - it doesn't really tell a very happy tale about the overall Reagan years. I've already said that Reagan's 2nd term ENDED well (hence the big positive change in the "misery index") but for most of that time, it' WASN'T GOOD. It's only the last 2 years that allowed his "misery index" to end up relatively low (below 10%). Here's that same "misery index" that you seem so fond of, by month. As can clearly be seen, Reagan's "misery index" was really not all that great until the very end.

US Misery Index - Custom Index by Month

And even at that, even your OWN MEASURE shows Reagan's ending "Misery Index" level higher than the current value of Obama's. In case you forgot, HERE is YOUR MEASURE - this time by PRESIDENT, showing the starting, ending, the net change and the average misery index value for their entire Presidencies :

http://www.miseryindex.us/indexbyPresident.aspx

As can be seen in YOUR MEASURE, Reagan's ending "Misery Index" of 9.72 is higher than Obama's has been since Oct of 2012 (as seen in the previous link that shows the misery index by month) - so even by YOUR MEASUREMENT Obama has a higher rating (ie a better misery index value) than Reagan ended at. It's also readily apparent that not only is Obama's current "misery index" lower than Reagan's ending "misery index", it's also true (again, by YOUR MEASURE) that Obama's AVERAGE "misery index" rating of 10.26 is LESS than Reagan's AVERAGE "misery index" of 12.19. In fact, no president since Reagan has had an AVERAGE misery index as high as his (and only Carter ever surpassed him). As I said - and as Reagan's AVERAGE misery index shows, for most of his presidency the economy was NOT good - that's WHY his AVERAGE misery index is so high even when it ENDED fairly low (though not as low as Obama's is now).

US Misery Index - Custom Index by Month

And one last time, here is YOUR MEASURE showing the inflation rates for the Carter years. As can be seen, the HIGHEST the UE rate ever got under Carter was 7.8% - NOT "12%" as you claim.

http://www.miseryindex.us/indexbymonth.aspx?type=UR

Now, are you STILL going to argue your silly unsupportable claim?
As I said, Reagan's presidency ENDED WELL, but even your own misery index number shows that it wasn't very good overall - with an AVERAGE misery index that's REALLY BAD.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-22-2014 at 09:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top