U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM
 
Location: High Cotton
6,131 posts, read 6,243,660 times
Reputation: 3657

Advertisements

What have Republicans done, but to complain and threaten? Republicans never take any action. That's one thing the Dumbocrats can indeed claim - they get things on their agenda list done, whether independents and conservatives like it, or not. Republicans - nothing but talk...and no action.

Last edited by highcotton; 04-24-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2014, 09:11 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,435,858 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Actually there are 4 issues that in the long term are killing the GOP's chances in POTUS races.

1. HEALTHCARE. Yes I know that the GOP may score a big win in 2014 bashing the Dems on Obamacare, but then what? Unless they get a veto proof majority in both houses of Congress, it will be 2017 at the earliest before they could repeal the ACA, which means millions more will be covered. Even the TP Senator from Wisconsin said that they can't just repeal it, but must replace it with something. Replace it with what? No POTUS which they will lack in 2017, no Repeal. No Matter what occurs in the Senate. W/O POTUS, a 2/3rd override is required. They won't get 55 Senate seats, let alone 67.

2. IMMIGRATION REFORM. As I listed above, if the GOP can't solve its problems with Hispanic Voters, they are in a "Demographic Death Spiral" as Lindsay Graham stated. The professional pols know how important to the future of the party this issue is, but the base refuses to budge in allowing a path to citizenship for illegal aliens and without that, there's not much of a chance to keep that ever increasing hispanic vote from going heavily to the Democrats. With 44% of the Hispanic vote, W eeked out a win. That was before NOVA tipped Va. I agree on point 2 as just the beginning to transform the GOP's non-existent path to POTUS.

3. ABORTION As long as GOP primary voters allow candidates like Todd Akin or Richard Mourdoch talk about "legitimate rape" or "during rape the reproductive system shuts down to prevent pregnancy" or "if a pregnancy occurs during a rape it's Gods Will" they can forget about winning the majority of votes cast by young women. Correct a mundo-it loses single women 2-1. That will get WORSE.

4. GAY RIGHTS. Support for gay marriage goes far beyond the gay community and leftist Democrats. It's a fairness issue for millions of young people. Bingo, and if the GOP only stays solid amongst old, white, rural men, like most 90 year olds on oxygen, its future stinks.

.

My responses in red. Good post, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 01:40 PM
 
659 posts, read 979,206 times
Reputation: 733
Didn't the first Clinton Sign NAFTA?
eh, don't matter who's in office now. We have already sealed our fate. Our country can no longer produce anything but debt we are no longer self sufficient, the baby boomers will now start exiting the job market and start withdrawing their retirement savings (which has already been loaned and leveraged out so many times that only 1 in 100 people will get anything.

Our government already has to devalue the currency by diluting trillions of Federal Reserve digits each month just to pay its bills and soon we will loose the the world currency status. There was a reason we were supposed to have a gold based currency, it was so chit like Obamacare would have to be funded not Promised.

When we go down the worlds economy will collapse and there will be a reset. IMO the reset will be a gold back Yuan currency and every company you see here in the US will be owned by China. They will then dictate law, policy when the take office.

This is already taking place while people are bickering over Democrat - Republican, the ultimate slide of hand is in play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 03:00 PM
 
659 posts, read 979,206 times
Reputation: 733
Lets look at this video and reflect on our mistakes


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSKXZS-jAjo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2014, 04:06 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,929,906 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Didn't the first Clinton Sign NAFTA?
eh, don't matter who's in office now. We have already sealed our fate. Our country can no longer produce anything but debt we are no longer self sufficient, the baby boomers will now start exiting the job market and start withdrawing their retirement savings (which has already been loaned and leveraged out so many times that only 1 in 100 people will get anything.

Our government already has to devalue the currency by diluting trillions of Federal Reserve digits each month just to pay its bills and soon we will loose the the world currency status. There was a reason we were supposed to have a gold based currency, it was so chit like Obamacare would have to be funded not Promised.

When we go down the worlds economy will collapse and there will be a reset. IMO the reset will be a gold back Yuan currency and every company you see here in the US will be owned by China. They will then dictate law, policy when the take office.

This is already taking place while people are bickering over Democrat - Republican, the ultimate slide of hand is in play.
Utter goldbug nonsense with virtually every statement - again.


Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 12:16 AM
 
Location: north central Ohio
7,939 posts, read 3,928,399 times
Reputation: 4736
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
What have Republicans done, but to complain and threaten? Republicans never take any action. That's one thing the Dumbocrats can indeed claim - they get things on their agenda list done, whether independents and conservatives like it, or not. Republicans - nothing but talk...and no action.

This is so,so,so true! All they ever do is criticize every democratic President[their ENTIRE term,and from the day they take office],and since he is their "Commander In Chief" I think every time a freakin Republican in office does that, it should result in immediate job dismissal! There is no way in hell this should be tolerated! Good riddance Boehner you loudmouth jerk!

GOP.... the party without a plan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 06:25 AM
 
9,312 posts, read 5,582,339 times
Reputation: 4632
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
This is so,so,so true! All they ever do is criticize every democratic President[their ENTIRE term,and from the day they take office],and since he is their "Commander In Chief" I think every time a freakin Republican in office does that, it should result in immediate job dismissal! There is no way in hell this should be tolerated! Good riddance Boehner you loudmouth jerk!

GOP.... the party without a plan!
Not true. They have a plan. Whenever a Democrat is in the White House, the plan is to do whatever they can to try to ensure his presidency is a failure. And they are so bold about this plan that they proclaim it out loud right from the start. That this plan also means the country suffers doesn't matter to the GOP.

Granted, it's a crappy plan, but it is a plan nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 AM
 
Location: north central Ohio
7,939 posts, read 3,928,399 times
Reputation: 4736
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not true. They have a plan. Whenever a Democrat is in the White House, the plan is to do whatever they can to try to ensure his presidency is a failure. And they are so bold about this plan that they proclaim it out loud right from the start. That this plan also means the country suffers doesn't matter to the GOP.

Granted, it's a crappy plan, but it is a plan nonetheless.

More truth about the most hate-mongering,war-mongering,lying, phony, hypocrites in politics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 AM
 
9,985 posts, read 6,379,372 times
Reputation: 5593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
LOL at California and New York, and he would be a huge underdog in his own state of Jersey. He might be able to cut the Dem margins in the Philly burbs enough to flip Pennsylvania, but he's not going to flip deeply blue states such as Cali any New York.
New York is only deeply blue around NYC, not upstate. And his popularity in NJ carries
over to NYC big time. Concerning CA, a Republican can win there also. If Christie
selects a black, hispanic, or female running mate, it only increases his appeal.
Hispanics will vote for Christie/Martinez just as much as Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Support appears to be gaining for Hillary Clinton to succeed the great President Obama as President of the United States in 2016. She would be the first WOMAN to hold that position, a result of the CHANGE that President Obama represents. Should would get even more support than President Obama did in this last election, completely obliterating the GOP opposition. The GOP will again waste a FORTUNE in the losing effort. Imagine her having Colin Powell as her running mate. How about an Latino as her running mate, or an Asian? Maybe she would pick someone who is of mixed-race and GAY? Any combination dooms the hapless GOP. There isn't a GOP candidate alive who could compete.

Former top Obama aides join pro-Hillary effort - First Read
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...WHATEVE R
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top