U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 08:09 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,504,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nope. McCain was all through when he interrupted his campaign to go back to D.C. to meet with the committee over the impending bank collapse.
That cost him whatever momentum he had built, and he never got any back. From there on, his polls went flat to the end.

Palin didn't help things, for sure. While McCain's polls stayed flat, hers went downward as the election day approached. It's very possible that without her, he may have re-gained some of the points he lost, but he never had enough committed voters to win.
This - well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 11:23 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,008,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
This - well said.
McCain's major blunder was making the statement "The fundamentals of the economy are strong". Moderates and independents deserted him after that.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:27 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,346,691 times
Re: Hillary. It is not calender age it is the speed and depth of her cognitive abilities. She looks tired and out of shape to me.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:53 PM

12,259 posts, read 7,372,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Re: Hillary. It is not calender age it is the speed and depth of her cognitive abilities. She looks tired and out of shape to me.
Good to know in case Chris Christy decides to run.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:06 PM

7,127 posts, read 10,858,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

It's all just speculation, but if I were a betting man I would bet on Joe Biden as the 2016 nominee.
Joe Biden is older than Hillary. He's 71 and would be 73 in 2016.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:24 PM

69,489 posts, read 79,724,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Joe Biden is older than Hillary. He's 71 and would be 73 in 2016.
I would not count anyone out, but I do not think Joe B. would win get the nomination over Hillary.

Wayland Woman,

Of course I don't know much about you except, from your postings, you are a true lib. That being said, I have to wonder if you are a grandmother or even a mother. If you are, you would know the answer to the question: what is the difference between being a granddad and being a grandmother for the first time?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:54 PM

12,259 posts, read 7,372,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would not count anyone out, but I do not think Joe B. would win get the nomination over Hillary.

Wayland Woman,

Of course I don't know much about you except, from your postings, you are a true lib. That being said, I have to wonder if you are a grandmother or even a mother. If you are, you would know the answer to the question: what is the difference between being a granddad and being a grandmother for the first time?
You are selling the men of this country short if you think they (as a whole) can't love and have as deep of a connection to their firstborn grandchild as a grandmother does. This isn't 1930 anymore and we have several generations of men, now, who can go toe to toe in the grand-parenting department. How many women do you know who have given up careers they love because their first born grandchild was born?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:06 PM

69,489 posts, read 79,724,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You are selling the men of this country short if you think they (as a whole) can't love and have as deep of a connection to their firstborn grandchild as a grandmother does. This isn't 1930 anymore and we have several generations of men, now, who can go toe to toe in the grand-parenting department. How many women do you know who have given up careers they love because their first born grandchild was born?
Who in the heck ever said a man can not love and be devoted to a grandchild? And who said, Hilary having her first grandchild would be the determining factor in whether she runs or not? I certainly didn't, nor has anyone else? In fact I never even considered that would be a reason for her not running. The point is: there are many things she needs to and is probably weighing, among them, "is it time to just live a normal life, be a grandma and return to the private sector?" I think that is the point. Too bad you decided to turn it into something else. Will she run? no one knows, she has been saying she is torn, for the reasons above and I am taking her at her word. There comes a time in our lives when we all have to step back and decide if it is time to turn the rains over to someone else.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:16 PM

7,619 posts, read 4,079,826 times
I get it Nita. And, heh, heh, I'm a Grand Dad several times over. There is something in the chromosome architecture of progs that they cannot grasp subtlety and nuances of expression and emotion. Everything has to be, i say, has to be equal. In their minds, if no where else.
Quote:

Wayland Woman,

Old 05-25-2014, 02:17 PM

49,073 posts, read 39,528,949 times
Quote:
My thought: if she decides to run in 2016 and wins, she will continue in 2020. She will have proven she loves the lime light too much to give up. Of course her health could enter the picture.
^^This. Hillary would have to be on her death bed to give up the presidency. No way in heck she'd stop after one unless she was terminal or deemed medically unfit with clear signs of dementia etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or