U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 11:06 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,716,781 times

Advertisements

The right has to be very careful on how they come at hilary on her age. People will say "but what about mccain the democrats killed him". That's true, but attacking man for being old doesn't come nearly with the same negative reaction as attacking a female for being old the same way calling a man ugly or fat doesn't come with same reaction as calling a woman ugly or fat.

One wacky comment by a crazy guy on the campaign trail and it becomes the war on women 2016 which will absolutely bury the republicans. Id hate for that to happen though because the democrats aint s*** and hilary is just another corporatist Wall Street tool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 02:59 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,177,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are right but remember a couple of things that could make a difference: Reagan was not your typical candidate: he offered a new view and had the ability to attract many people, from all sides. She doesn't have the same type of personality. His age was not an issue or now much of one. Also her health will be an issue, whether legit or not and finally, some are saying, wow: he was losing it during his second term, do we want another Pres. that might have mental problems due to aging? So bring up Reagan as an example might do more damage than good. It is true women generally out live men, but her family history of aging and mental status might play a role if anyone decides to dig deep enough.
please elaborate. Are you an expert on aging and mental health?

Old 06-02-2014, 03:16 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is Hillary Too Old for the White House?

No she's just incompetent and you know, too short.
And just too damned ugly!

Old 06-02-2014, 04:52 PM

7,545 posts, read 4,051,243 times
I don't know. Hil has already taken a tough stance on whether Benghazi is important and/or a political gameship. Twice, already. First time was her tough b**ch testimony when she was still responsible at the State Department. Second, in the early release of that so important Benghazi chapter of her memwhah, "...it does not matter, because I said it does not.".

No, something tells me she doesn't react very well to scrutiny, vis-a-vis, her and her campaign's 2008 meltdown against the current White House resident. I think the Republicans are just applying a little stress to see how she reacts. They can learn a lot, and maybe do a little damage to The Virgin Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The right has to be very careful on how they come at hilary on her age. People will say "but what about mccain the democrats killed him". That's true, but attacking man for being old doesn't come nearly with the same negative reaction as attacking a female for being old the same way calling a man ugly or fat doesn't come with same reaction as calling a woman ugly or fat.

One wacky comment by a crazy guy on the campaign trail and it becomes the war on women 2016 which will absolutely bury the republicans. Id hate for that to happen though because the democrats aint s*** and hilary is just another corporatist Wall Street tool

Old 06-02-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The Blue Wall will ride the Dem nominee in, until the GOP comes up with nominees (and their lifelong history) and platforms appealing to states inside that wall.
The Blue Wall?

I love it when someone anchoring some silly TV show comes up with a slogan and the sheepies run with it.

Clue: The Blue Wall and The Blue Line refers to cops. It has nothing to do with moronic democrats.

The Blue Wall.

That's downright amusing.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:42 PM

1,489 posts, read 1,349,447 times
Hillary was an old lady back in the 90's.

She couldn't remember where she hid the subpoenaed Rose Law Firm billing records for two years.

Now she's ancient, feeble, and senile.

She couldn't even show up after the Benghazi Terrorist attack.

Yes, she is too old for the White House, and it shows.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:49 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,435,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The Blue Wall?

I love it when someone anchoring some silly TV show comes up with a slogan and the sheepies run with it.

Holding Democratic 'blue wall' was crucial for Obama victory - CNN.com

Here's a little education for you. We elect the POTUS based on the EC count. The Blue Wall refers to a mainly coastal (both) set of states blue by wide margins since 1988. Unlike the middle of nowhere (a/k/a the GOP Red Wall), these states have tremendous quantities of electoral votes, starting the Dems off very close to the goal-270.

Fox has talked about the Blue Wall. I will not join in calling them silly.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM

lol. Looks like acne. No blue wall there.

And everybody with an IQ over 10 knows how 0bama got elected the first time.

Clue: ACORN!

The second time?

Who knows! In my case, I stayed home because I refused to vote for Romney.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:57 PM

5,773 posts, read 2,061,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Hillary was an old lady back in the 90's.

She couldn't remember where she hid the subpoenaed Rose Law Firm billing records for two years.

Now she's ancient, feeble, and senile.

She couldn't even show up after the Benghazi Terrorist attack.

Yes, she is too old for the White House, and it shows.
And still leading every potential GOP candidate by near blowout margins (9 to 14 points) in the Real Clear Politics averages (a Republican news aggregator by the way).

Old 06-02-2014, 06:06 PM

5,773 posts, read 2,061,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Looks like acne. No blue wall there.

And everybody with an IQ over 10 knows how 0bama got elected the first time.

Clue: ACORN!

The second time?

Who knows! In my case, I stayed home because I refused to vote for Romney.
Sounds like a Tea Party Meeting to me!

In 2008 BO won by nearly 10 million votes. Does anyone in their right mind think that ACORN or anyone else could fabricate 10 million votes?

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-02-2014 at 07:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or