U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 11:06 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,582,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Sounds like a Tea Party Meeting to me!

In 2008 BO won by nearly 10 million votes. Does anyone in their right mind think that ACORN or anyone else could fabricate 10 million votes?
Didn't Fox cover Dale Cooper staying home?, between Karl Rove's tear fest, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Looks like acne. No blue wall there.

And everybody with an IQ over 10 knows how 0bama got elected the first time.

Clue: ACORN!

The second time?

Who knows!
In my case, I stayed home because I refused to vote for Romney.
Maybe if people like you weren't so busy wallowing in make-believe excuses to explain away your 2008 loss, you'd have been able to figure out how to win in 2012.

That said, I welcome your delusions, and the fact that they preclude you from actually learning something that might benefit you in a future election...

Old 06-03-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Maybe if people like you weren't so busy wallowing in make-believe excuses to explain away your 2008 loss, you'd have been able to figure out how to win in 2012.

That said, I welcome your delusions, and the fact that they preclude you from actually learning something that might benefit you in a future election...
Amen. I want 2 strong parties for POTUS. We have just one. the first step to restoring party health is admitting the GOP is not a credible contender for POTUS at this time, than study the true reasons why. Study the POLLS.

A 61-39% 24 year long EC shellacking is telling. It will not go away on its own. The GOP needs to be credible to 21st century America, and every single demographic subset within this great land.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:42 AM

19,760 posts, read 13,284,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Amen. I want 2 strong parties for POTUS. We have just one. the first step to restoring party health is admitting the GOP is not a credible contender for POTUS at this time, than study the true reasons why. Study the POLLS.

A 61-39% 24 year long EC shellacking is telling. It will not go away on its own. The GOP needs to be credible to 21st century America, and every single demographic subset within this great land.
I'm sure the Republican party will eventually return to it's past credibility, but it's going to be a difficult slog for them. There are a lot of stubborn old remnants of times past that aren't going to be swept out of power without a fight. We all know there is nothing more difficult than changing the mind of an old white man.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 PM

668 posts, read 466,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm sure the Republican party will eventually return to it's past credibility, but it's going to be a difficult slog for them. There are a lot of stubborn old remnants of times past that aren't going to be swept out of power without a fight. We all know there is nothing more difficult than changing the mind of an old white man.
Maybe after Hillary two-terms them the Republicans will be able to find some change enough to be a legitimate party again, I'm not sure. Honestly, I could equally see those who try to bring the party back to viability lead to civil war and split with the tea party wackos, and if they splinter their votes, then the democrats really have free reign.

That said, as a progressive myself, I woudln't mind that. Maybe the democrats would be able to stop cow-towing to the right, and do some actual real change for the good of our future.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM

There is nothing I fear more for my nation than a complete one-party dominance.

I'm a Democrat, and I know neither party is less prone to corruption of all kinds than the other. The United States depends on 2 oppositional parties, with both sharing equal responsibility to govern wisely in behalf of all of us, not for themselves alone. Give and take on both sides is vital. Always has been, always will be, even if it conflicts with party purity.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:21 PM

1,489 posts, read 1,366,057 times
Quote:
There is nothing I fear more for my nation than a complete one-party dominance.

I'm a Democrat, and I know neither party is less prone to corruption of all kinds than the other. The United States depends on 2 oppositional parties, with both sharing equal responsibility to govern wisely in behalf of all of us, not for themselves alone. Give and take on both sides is vital. Always has been, always will be, even if it conflicts with party purity.
OK, as soon as all democrats are extinct we'll have a two party system, the TEA Party vs the RINOs.
Maybe more than two, if we see the rise of Libertarians.

Meanwhile, I shall not rest until every member of Obama's party is driven from office.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Looks like acne. No blue wall there.

And everybody with an IQ over 10 knows how 0bama got elected the first time.

Clue: ACORN!

The second time?

Who knows! In my case, I stayed home because I refused to vote for Romney.
That's what you get for staying home. Ignorance is not your friend. The blue wall is very real, and no single issue is enough to put even a small dent in it. It might only look like acne to you, but those states is where all the very real electoral college votes are, and the Democrats only need a couple of swing states to win in 2016. Considering the wall has been solidly Democratic since 1988, your belief that ACORN was the deciding issue is a fantasy. ACORN wasn't even a big issue in many of the blue wall states.

And Benghazi won't work any better in the 2016 election, no matter how loud you yell about the falling sky.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
That's what you get for staying home. Ignorance is not your friend. The blue wall is very real, and no single issue is enough to put even a small dent in it. It might only look like acne to you, but those states is where all the very real electoral college votes are, and the Democrats only need a couple of swing states to win in 2016. Considering the wall has been solidly Democratic since 1988, your belief that ACORN was the deciding issue is a fantasy. ACORN wasn't even a big issue in many of the blue wall states.

And Benghazi won't work any better in the 2016 election, no matter how loud you yell about the falling sky.
Blue Wall plus demographically Blue Va & NM (which will be recognized as part of the Blue Wall formally by 2020) amount to about 260 electoral votes. Add any ONE of the 5 biggest swing states, or 2 of the smaller ones, it's game, set, match.

If Ignorance were the friend of the GOP, rural Americans would make up the majority of Mensa members.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,512,890 times
Hillary is waving the "girl card" now. The "ultimate glass ceiling".
Every other issue will be cast aside so we can have the first "woman President".
This is what I fear will happen.

Don't get me wrong here. If Hillary had been on the ticket in 2008 I would have voted for her over McCain.
(I went third party ..didn't vote for either McCain or Obama).
Playing the race card has been good for Obama and has served to deflect and shield him over the past 5.5 years.
If Hillary goes full bore with the girl card I think she'll win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or