U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 AM
 
15,727 posts, read 9,125,919 times
Reputation: 6980

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
It's going to be Marco Rubio...
Too socially conservative. Won't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2012, 02:48 AM
 
10,348 posts, read 9,461,246 times
Reputation: 19165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
i wouldn't doubt it since we now have a generation of takers...

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone


Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

This isn't the typical American today ... is it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 04:45 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,079,698 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle



Beer on your mind?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 AM
 
Location: Boonies
1,775 posts, read 2,591,017 times
Reputation: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Too bad she didn't win the 1st time she ran. If I knew then what I know now, I would have voted for Hillary.

She'll be too old for the Dems in 2016. They'll find another Rock Star.

Yes and I said that back when the Dems were campaigning and were all gaga over Obama. I predicted that they would look back and say the exact thing that you said above. Curious, why did you choose Obama over Hillary? I think she would have made a fantastic President and she had/has a smart man in the background to discuss issues with. Why didn't people see that? Obama was just too young and didn't have enough experience heading into Presidency with the US being in such a critical state. I now believe he can do fine, but I am talking about the first term! Wouldn't it have made more sense in people's minds to have chosen someone who had a little more experience? Who wants to guinea pig with such an unstable economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,518,573 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle
I predict michelle Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,556,066 times
Reputation: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She lacks "likeabilitly" a stupid thing for such a position of importance IMO but it matters in elections.
Yes. Knowing that someone is an a-hole, but because you "like" that a-hole, is a good reason to vote for the a-hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Palo Alto
12,172 posts, read 6,707,906 times
Reputation: 4172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Too socially conservative. Won't happen.
Latinos aren't socially conservative - read the other thread. Rubio, in fact, has had three abortions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Karl Rove and many others have been saying that the GOP needs to do more to capture the Latino vote. I'm not so sure about that. Obviously the GOP should not be needlessly alienating Latinos. But if it means ditching the pro-life cause, count me out.

"Big majorities of Latinos across the country and other voters agreed that abortion should be legal, including nearly equal shares of men and women, according to exit polling. Exit poll results found that about two-thirds of Hispanics (66%) said that abortion should be legal while 28% disagreed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Palo Alto
12,172 posts, read 6,707,906 times
Reputation: 4172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ironic considering the overwhelming majority of women, asians, and college educated/wealthy people voted for Obama.

Romney got the Rush Limbaugh retards, and Mississippi Rednecks.

Your party hardly holds the claim for most intelligent voting population.
Then they should have no problem with the tax increases. Obama wants to tax the wealthy and the majority voted for him. Lets get the deficits under control. Raise them taxes, boys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mntns., NC
10,261 posts, read 14,115,008 times
Reputation: 8783
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I predict michelle Obama

Oh puhleez.... Barf !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,551,587 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle

that skanky trollop will never be president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top