U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 04:27 AM

15,432 posts, read 8,087,437 times

Advertisements

I think Hillary is a very weak candidate so I hope the Dems nominate her. The Repubs need a good candidate like they had in 1980 that can attract a myriad of voters. Some of you are too young to realize how much a good or bad candidate can change the vote counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 06:16 AM

69,459 posts, read 79,677,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That's right--and she's a helluva lot smarter than the bozos posting on this forum! Slap your head all you want. More people respect her than not.

I'm not "depending on liberal blogs." The quote was from a Fox News interview, which you probably did not bother to read.

WALLACE: Secretary Clinton has come under fire this week, because of the fact that back in 2011 she rejected calls by the FBI and the intelligence community to designate Boko Haram as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. As a Bush-appointee to be ambassador, do you think that's fair, the criticism of Secretary Clinton?

CAMPBELL: No I don't think that's fair, and along with a good many other Nigerian experts, at the time, we all opposed designation.
and where are you getting the idea she is respected by more than not respected? Like anyone else it depends on who is being interviewed or surveyed.

As for Wallace and yesterday, I am sure many of us here watched the interview: you are taking what was said totally out of context as usual. You can quote one question and one answer and get a real view of what was said.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:16 AM

1,489 posts, read 1,354,559 times
“This vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for President”

Old 06-16-2014, 03:26 PM

18,993 posts, read 21,975,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think Hillary is a very weak candidate so I hope the Dems nominate her. The Repubs need a good candidate like they had in 1980 that can attract a myriad of voters. Some of you are too young to realize how much a good or bad candidate can change the vote counts.
Sadly for the GOP, they don't have one. Hillary CREAMS the GOP in every likely match-up (it's not even CLOSE).

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Presidential Race

Ken

Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 PM

18,993 posts, read 21,975,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Nah, THIS is a landslide

I wonder if people were thinking back then that "Democrats had no chance" in 1992. Hopefully once Obama's term is over people will realize a liberal is not what this country needs right now- similar to the mindset after Bush's term was over.
Yeah, well the GOP of 1984 and 1988 is NOT the GOP of today. The GOP back then had a MUCH broader appeal (heck, even I voted for REAGAN). The GOP of today has become the party of knuckle-draggers - alienating far too many people who are not old white males. That's not to say they CAN'T win the Presidency - but they have their work cut out for them and in my opinion are not up to that task.

Ken

Old 06-16-2014, 04:52 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,287,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, well the GOP of 1984 and 1988 is NOT the GOP of today. The GOP back then had a MUCH broader appeal (heck, even I voted for REAGAN). The GOP of today has become the party of knuckle-draggers - alienating far too many people who are not old white males. That's not to say they CAN'T win the Presidency - but they have their work cut out for them and in my opinion are not up to that task.

Ken
Aw yes that stereotype of "old white males" again.

These pics speak well:

Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,473,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

I wonder if people were thinking back then that "Democrats had no chance" in 1992. Hopefully once Obama's term is over people will realize a liberal is not what this country needs right now- similar to the mindset after Bush's term was over.
Newsflash: The nation's electorate is no longer 85%+ white, as it was in the Reagan 20th century elections you referenced.

Mittens won the same exact percentage of the white male vote as Reagan 1984. When's he getting sworn in for his 2012 showing?

Since 1984, the Blue Wall formed. No penetration of that wall by the GOP = certain defeat.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 PM

6,502 posts, read 4,873,913 times
I have yet to hear anyone explain the fascination with Hillary Clinton. She's never really accomplished anything. She stood by her husband for political reasons, I dont know how anyone can even deny that. Hillary has been and always is about Hillary. What the hell has she done?

And listening to her recent interviews, she isnt very bright either. Refuses to answer some questions, gets testy easily when she's actually challenged in an interview, fails in her attempt to act like she's like everyone else with her 'broke' idiocy.

I saw some recent man on the street interviews and the people that seemed to love her, knew barely anything about her. Couldn't name much of anything that she's ever accomplished.

She's very beatable. Though if she runs, she'll have the media on her side and idiotic hollywood, so at least she'll have that going for her. Along with the millions of moron drones who vote for her due to name only.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:35 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,287,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I have yet to hear anyone explain the fascination with Hillary Clinton. She's never really accomplished anything. She stood by her husband for political reasons, I dont know how anyone can even deny that. Hillary has been and always is about Hillary. What the hell has she done?

And listening to her recent interviews, she isnt very bright either. Refuses to answer some questions, gets testy easily when she's actually challenged in an interview, fails in her attempt to act like she's like everyone else with her 'broke' idiocy.

I saw some recent man on the street interviews and the people that seemed to love her, knew barely anything about her. Couldn't name much of anything that she's ever accomplished.

She's very beatable. Though if she runs, she'll have the media on her side and idiotic hollywood, so at least she'll have that going for her. Along with the millions of moron drones who vote for her due to name only.
I will be scared for this country if she actually wins. Obama is bad, but at least he isn't going senile(although he is an idiot).

Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,026,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

True, all you say. True.

I'm still lmao over the blue wall mantra. I don't know why, but little quips people pick up just strike me funny. To repeat the same meaningless thing over and over and over shows just how low an IQ can go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or