U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 08:57 PM

5,934 posts, read 2,111,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Nah, THIS is a landslide

I wonder if people were thinking back then that "Democrats had no chance" in 1992. Hopefully once Obama's term is over people will realize a liberal is not what this country needs right now- similar to the mindset after Bush's term was over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
True, all you say. True.

I'm still lmao over the blue wall mantra. I don't know why, but little quips people pick up just strike me funny. To repeat the same meaningless thing over and over and over shows just how low an IQ can go.
You can call it whatever you want, but it's a base of 242 electoral votes for the Democrats that has lasted for 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 09:30 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,528,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
She's very beatable. Though if she runs, she'll have the media on her side and idiotic hollywood, so at least she'll have that going for her. Along with the millions of moron drones who vote for her due to name only.

If she runs, she wins with ease. No one else gave Obama a battle, and the Blue Wall states, Va, NM would all go HC by even healthier margins than they went for Obama.

If she opts to run, whomever is the Democratic nominee rides that same EC rich path into the WH.

Math wins, every time. The only sane campaign MO is to win the hearts and minds of the population in EC rich states.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You can call it whatever you want, but it's a base of 242 electoral votes for the Democrats that has lasted for 20 years.
, and its 24 years strong now. With widening gaps each cycle. The DNC looks at this and says ca-ching.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:06 PM

38,111 posts, read 19,147,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I have yet to hear anyone explain the fascination with Hillary Clinton.
cheerleaders syndrome. She's a democrat ra.. ra.. ra

Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
cheerleaders syndrome. She's a democrat ra.. ra.. ra
Can you read a thread caption? This is not about liking nor disliking her, it is about the probability of her success in seeking the office of the presidency.

I'd like 2 parties to battle well for said office, but in recent decades, the GOP has not been competitive for POTUS, losing 61%+ of total ECs over 24 years.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:46 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,415,008 times
Quote:
Aw yes that stereotype of "old white males" again.

These pics speak well:

Let's see, you've got about 50 folks there - half a dozen of whom are actors (what happened to shut up and sing...or act?), or talking heads (I see Malkin and Perino), a comedian or two, and at least one dead guy (Breibart).

I'm not sure what point you are attempting to make with this photo. Maybe that out of the millions of GOP folks, there's 30 +/- who aren't white as snow on rice?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:30 AM

19,032 posts, read 22,040,536 times
Quote:

These pics speak well:
Do they?
Really?
Well, let's look at the numbers shall we?
Of the general U.S. population, just over 1/2 are women (50.8%). Racial minorities make up another large chunk. When all is said and done white males are about 1/3rd of the population.
Now, let's look at the GOP make up of Congress shall we?
The percentage of non-white male Republican House members is 12% (down from 14% in the last Congress). Democrats and Republicans hold 55 and 45 Senate seats - but there are FOUR TIMES as many Democratic woman Senators as there are GOP woman Senators (16 Democratic woman Senators vs 4 GOP woman Senators).

So let's see - white males make up about 33% of the general population, but 88% of the GOP reps in the house and nearly 90% of the GOP senators.
Yeah, I'd say "old white males" is what the NUMBERS say - no matter what your token picture tries to say.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 06-17-2014 at 01:42 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 05:54 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,662,294 times
Default If you hav been around?

Clinton is damaged goods. Bill & Hillary have so many white House scandals that all of these will come out., Like White Water.

Ms. Clinton supported a rapist, Bill and his 5 victims.

Hillary's non record as senator and she ran in New Your instead of Arkansas.
New Yorkers are fleeing the state of NY, because of High Taxes and Regulation.

She voted for the war and she didn't?

Her not record as Secretary of State.
Benghazi, Syria ????
Approved of releasing 5 Terrorist, that will return to the fight?

Her polices ,hmmm, what Policies???????

See what I mean.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,495,138 times
Despite his awful showing in the 2012 primaries, I think Rick Perry could have a very good chance of beating Hilary.

1. The national impression of Texas is that it is a job machine.
2. The US is a very forgiving country with a short attention span.
3. Texas is a border state and at the epicenter of illegal immigration and Perry appeals to Latino voters.
4. Perry has done an exceptional job thus far of changing his image.
5. Ted Cruz has zero chance of winning the nomination if Perry can keep his act together.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 AM

19,534 posts, read 13,178,679 times
Quote:

These pics speak well:

Just goes to show delusion doesn't have a skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or