U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 06:42 AM

19,807 posts, read 13,307,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
True, all you say. True.

I'm still lmao over the blue wall mantra. I don't know why, but little quips people pick up just strike me funny. To repeat the same meaningless thing over and over and over shows just how low an IQ can go.
Laugh all you want now, weep on election day. Math doesn't lie, and the math says any Democrat has an easier time of it than any Republican.

Do you have anything, anything at all, to show anything factual that the blue wall is going to crack and turn red anytime soon? Or do you think scorn is going to change any liberal minds?

Keep up the scorn, continue to lose the Presidency. Simple as that, and simple enough to show how low an IQ does go when scorn overcomes intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 AM

69,877 posts, read 80,365,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Despite his awful showing in the 2012 primaries, I think Rick Perry could have a very good chance of beating Hilary.

1. The national impression of Texas is that it is a job machine.
2. The US is a very forgiving country with a short attention span.
3. Texas is a border state and at the epicenter of illegal immigration and Perry appeals to Latino voters.
4. Perry has done an exceptional job thus far of changing his image.
5. Ted Cruz has zero chance of winning the nomination if Perry can keep his act together.
I was a strong Perry supporter 2 years ago and very disappointed in his debating skills. I like a lot of his ideas, but what he said last week doomed him. He will never go anywhere again other than into retirement. Anyone who makes a comment about homosexuality being like alcoholism and can be changed is through. Too often he says things that he regrets later on or regrets how he said them

Old 06-17-2014, 10:20 AM

6,058 posts, read 2,154,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was a strong Perry supporter 2 years ago and very disappointed in his debating skills. I like a lot of his ideas, but what he said last week doomed him. He will never go anywhere again other than into retirement. Anyone who makes a comment about homosexuality being like alcoholism and can be changed is through. Too often he says things that he regrets later on or regrets how he said them
I don't often agree with you Nita, but you nailed this one. He's toast.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,689,844 times
Default Gov. Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Despite his awful showing in the 2012 primaries, I think Rick Perry could have a very good chance of beating Hilary.

1. The national impression of Texas is that it is a job machine.
2. The US is a very forgiving country with a short attention span.
3. Texas is a border state and at the epicenter of illegal immigration and Perry appeals to Latino voters.
4. Perry has done an exceptional job thus far of changing his image.
5. Ted Cruz has zero chance of winning the nomination if Perry can keep his act together.
I am sure Perry People have examined the Gov. Perry's Debating skills and the painful mistakes of the year.
Texas is a machine and would be a good model of growth for the country. Gov. Perry is real and I think you would make a great President.

Ms. Clinton to many has a plastic personality and if you look at it closely, no real accomplishments.

The choice is clear. 2 different views , so there is not confusing Perry and Clinton.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:55 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,783,149 times
Hilary is smart, but she's not a great politician. She's nowhere near her husband or obama for example.

Many of her flaws were exposed in 08 Vs Barrack when she was supposed to be a "lock" for the White House

Old 06-17-2014, 11:42 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,591,889 times
Quote:
RP = Hoof in Mouth disease.

Any Democrat would beat him more handily than the way JM got beat, in 2008.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:58 AM

1,169 posts, read 3,326,487 times
I think Condoleezza Rice might have a good chance.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM

4,176 posts, read 3,919,477 times
Quote:
I liked a lot of Perry's ideas too! If only I could remember what they were. oops.

Seriously, Rick Perry has never had an original thought in his life. If he did, he wouldn't have blundered into the oops moment.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
I think Condoleezza Rice might have a good chance.
Good, bad or otherwise, she has stated over and over she isn't into politics, she has never been a politician and might not make a very good President. But this is a moot point: she isn't running for anything. I can think of a lot of people I would love to see as President, but I know most of them have no intentions of running.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I liked a lot of Perry's ideas too! If only I could remember what they were. oops.

Seriously, Rick Perry has never had an original thought in his life. If he did, he wouldn't have blundered into the toops moment.
and you base this on what? You don't have to like him, obviously you do not, but would you like to tell us what President has based their campaigns on original ideas? Taking a combination of ideas and working with others is what is more important. As for bubbling the debates: 2 things, one, he was on heavy pain meds through the first few debates and 2, he is the first to admit and did very early on, he isn't a good debater. No one is good at everything.

Now, one idea I like of his is how he feels about kids who have lived here their entire lives almost being able to enroll in Texas colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or