U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM

10,404 posts, read 8,387,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle
Please.......... we just got over one of these _ _ _ _ election campaigns...my hair roots hurt of the thought of another one already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 AM

86,160 posts, read 3,538,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? so the 2010 elections meant nothing? what happened in 2008 and this year is that us republicans nominated a moderate candidate, and that is the problem. mccain and romney both were moderates as was bush43, in other words democrat light, and that wont win elections for republicans on a regular basis. the reason bush43 won is because the alternative was far worse, and the were less likeable. however we do have a number of good conservatives in the pipeline that will be ready for 2014 and 2016, and unless the economy takes off and we get to where obama said we would be in his first term, 5.4% unemployment, deficits cut in half, etc. the democrats are going to be toast as the people will realize that they were sold a bill of goods and the political pendulum will swing back to the right.
I recommend a Santorum-Huckabee ticket in 2016!

Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM

11,819 posts, read 9,767,601 times
I don't see it...we aren't yet advanced enough as a society to elect a woman for president.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM

10,447 posts, read 9,512,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I don't see it...we aren't yet advanced enough as a society to elect a woman for president.

We're not??? I'd almost prefer a woman as President. The smell of testosterone at the White House and the Capitol is getting stale. Would love to know why you think we're not "advanced enough."

Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,512,034 times
I doubt she'll run, she has said when her time as SS is over she's done, even Bill has said she's done. I would have loved Hill's to have won and Wild Bill would have made a great "first guy".

Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM

755 posts, read 613,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I doubt she'll run, she has said when her time as SS is over she's done, even Bill has said she's done. I would have loved Hill's to have won and Wild Bill would have made a great "first guy".
No, he hasn't.

Bill Clinton says he doesn't know if Hillary will run

She has indeed said she's done. But then, Barack Obama and Rick Perry both said they wouldn't run for President, yet they did. Also, it is worth noting that the position of Secretary of State is, by law, non-partisan and unlike with Senators and Governors (ie, Senator Obama and Governor Perry), it would be highly inappropriate for a sitting Secretary of State to express interest in running for President. That may well be behind her denials.

Or she may genuinely have no interesting in running. It could be either.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,227,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Curious, why did you choose Obama over Hillary? I think she would have made a fantastic President and she had/has a smart man in the background to discuss issues with. Why didn't people see that? Obama was just too young and didn't have enough experience heading into Presidency with the US being in such a critical state. I now believe he can do fine, but I am talking about the first term! Wouldn't it have made more sense in people's minds to have chosen someone who had a little more experience?
Experience in what, selling us out to Israel, selling pardons, engaging in defamation of mistresses?

The Clintons were and are vile.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:12 PM

982 posts, read 1,043,059 times
Latinos love Hillary. I can see Clinton winning in 2016.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM

982 posts, read 2,151,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle

but... but... but wait. Isn't she just another old, angry, white person? And by golly, she's awful rich, too. How could dems possibly even nominate her if they hate old white people who are rich.

And btw, it's George Bush, not Busch. Busch gardens is a place, but George Bush was our president.
~t

Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 PM

9,197 posts, read 22,940,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
But they'll get free BC.
And abortions aplenty.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or