Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama fell apart in his first four years, and the people still came out to reelect him, so a bad economy, high debt, runaway federal spending, a disengaged president, none of that matters. There are just too many stupid and ignorant people in the world.
No, there were just no better choices... for many it was a matter of choosing between the lesser of two evils, so if Obama voters are "stupid and ignorant" so were the Romney voters. Oh yeah, and those who voted TWICE for Bush probably aren't all intellectual giants either.

We have our share of morons in this country, sure, but sadly they cross all political lines.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
If the economy isn't a roaring success in 4 years the GOP will win the Whitehouse.

Barring any major scandal. Gore could not seem to win in 2000(or did he?) in large part I think because of Clintons affairs.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Keeping it classy, Republicans.
Before you make uninformed posts such as this, read mine at #26. I consider myself a conservative Democrat. I, like MANY people, just don't like Hillary. Neither does the poster in #27. It just goes to show how packaged and limited so many Americans are in their thinking: hate on a Democrat, then you must be a Republican ... hate on a Republican, then you must be a Democrat. Grow up, and wise up.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for gods sake, we just got finished with two years of campaigning. Are presidential campaigns going to become like the start of the Christmas season?

Give it a rest! Please. I'm begging.
AMEN BROTHER!!!! how about we give it a rest for now, and see what happens over the next 10 or so months, and then deal with the 2014 elections? 2016 is a long way away, and it gets real tiring to deal with something where the possible candidates will change about 300 times before any kind of field is set, and even then the proverbial dark horse will likely emerge that NO ONE even thought about.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:46 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, her and her husband have about a 70-80% approval rating nationally
Which should tell one all they'd need to know about our country nowadays.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Which should tell one all they'd need to know about our country nowadays.
Why is it that when people are shown that the country has a differing opinion that everyone is and idiot, or that the country has gone to hell? Could it be that people have fond memories of the 1990s and would like to return to that era?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
I would say that the odds of Hillary Clinton being the next President of the United States are better than the odds for any other single individual -- but significantly less than all individuals combined. This is largely a function of the fact that, if she runs, she should be the prohibitive favorite for the Democrats and, for all we know, have an even shot at then winning the general election. In comparison, the Republican field appears to be much more open.

All of this is said with the caveat that four years is a political eternity. And anyone who thinks they know with certainty who either of the 2016 nominees will be is a fool. The best we have now is to watch the indicative political posturing and to analyze historical trends that suggest future political developments.
I think that Hillary resigning from her present situation may well be an indication that she intends to spend the next 4 years campaigning. Obama did it for nearly his full term in office and it has become a thing that takes at least 4 years anymore.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama fell apart in his first four years, and the people still came out to reelect him, so a bad economy, high debt, runaway federal spending, a disengaged president, none of that matters. There are just too many stupid and ignorant people in the world.
Check out the video in this link to see what probably was the main reason Obama won the other day other than the fact that as many as 3 million Republicans stayed at home in protest of something.

Obama voters in line can’t answer basic government questions | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for gods sake, we just got finished with two years of campaigning. Are presidential campaigns going to become like the start of the Christmas season?

Give it a rest! Please. I'm begging.
Why else has Hillary suggested that she will join Geithner, Petraeus, and Holder in resigning their present jobs. Yep, only Petraeus has done it but the others have said they would.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
i wouldn't doubt it since we now have a generation of takers...

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube
There are many of those takers you mention. Just think of all those young women who have been paying for their own birth control all these years and what Santa Claus has promised for them. Think about all the college kids who spend their days in class listening to progressive professors carry on about communism.

Here is a link to a video of college students showing how much they know about the Obama program and how little they know about the government of the US of A. They are all takers because they think they can get their college paid for by Santa Claus Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections