Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:27 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It won't be Hillary, but it may be a woman.

Maybe.

Elizabeth Warren.

Yes, maybe. Warren had to win the Mass senate seat to secure a pathway to the WH- and she did it. Now she has 4 years to try to increase her name recognition and and say/do a lot of things that a large number of people can approve of. I, for one, will be watching her.

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren: What kind of senator will she be?

Warren’s first post-election answer left plenty of room for speculation. “I will work with anyone who’s out there to fight for America’s working families,” she told reporters before retreating home to sleep.
“Democrat, Republican, independent, Libertarian, contrarian — it doesn’t matter.”

Elizabeth Warren: What kind of senator will she be? - The Washington Post

Old 11-09-2012, 04:27 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why else has Hillary suggested that she will join Geithner, Petraeus, and Holder in resigning their present jobs. Yep, only Petraeus has done it but the others have said they would.
While I think she is more likely than not to run in 2016, she would probably be stepping down regardless. Four years is a long time at State -- Colin Powell stepped down after Bush's reelection in 2004, and it wasn't to run for President. Warren Christopher stepped down after Clinton's reelection, too. It really isn't that unusual.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama fell apart in his first four years, and the people still came out to reelect him, so a bad economy, high debt, runaway federal spending, a disengaged president, none of that matters. There are just too many stupid and ignorant people in the world.
Ironic considering the overwhelming majority of women, asians, and college educated/wealthy people voted for Obama.

Romney got the Rush Limbaugh retards, and Mississippi Rednecks.

Your party hardly holds the claim for most intelligent voting population.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
If the economy isn't a roaring success in 4 years the GOP will win the Whitehouse.
That's what they said about this election. No sitting President could ever win with such a horrible economy. Until the GOP fixes their platform and stops targeting old rich white guys, the GOP will stop winning the Presidency.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Whether you like her or not she will be our next president. Obama winning helped her because he can only be in the White House for four more years.

I think the Republicans are going to really struggle to gain control again unless Obama falls apart these next four years. I'll give credit where its due, Romney ran a good campaign. However, the Repbulicans have two major obstacles. For one, George Busch sank this country economically. He led us into a war with Iraq that not only was unnessecary, and but was also a war that we didn't have the money to pay for and as a result ran up our debt. To top that off, Busch also de-regulated Wall St. George Busch was a Republican. Also the Republican party has the stigma of being a party that is comprised of and for Rich-White-Christian-Males. Rich, White, christian, males are NOT and do NOT appeal to the mainstream anymore. The voter demographic is changing. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an arch conservative and he said going with canidates like McCain and Romney that are more moderate has hurt the Republicans and he feels they need a canidate that is more far right. I told him I disagree. The majority of America is not far right or left, but center. I don't have all the answers, but I feel the Republicans have an up-hill struggle
Maybe......... i will be dead so i won't have to look at her. But if you won't be dead then you will need to save up for so many 55 gallon barrels of rubber cement as you can get, because you will have to glue her face on every day..... Get bungi cords too because you know how old broads and gravity are....

Personally I can't understand your excitment. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I know I already don't like looking at her NOW She is gag me with a spoon frugly!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,928 times
What Hillary needs is a hair dresser.Another 10 years she will remind you of Goldia Miera

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I think centralist Democrats would love it. But they also have to take Denmocratic commiteee control from Obama left they loss in 2008.I think perhaps she knows by now that it was Bill Clinto Obama was worried about and with soem of the thigs he said no love is loss under the surafce:IMO.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Before you make uninformed posts such as this, read mine at #26. I consider myself a conservative Democrat. I, like MANY people, just don't like Hillary. Neither does the poster in #27. It just goes to show how packaged and limited so many Americans are in their thinking: hate on a Democrat, then you must be a Republican ... hate on a Republican, then you must be a Democrat. Grow up, and wise up.
I don't like her either, but I can think of better ways to say it than be reaching into the gutter. Ted is a Republican. I did not comment on yours because I did not bother to read it. Now that I have, I wish I had not. Republicans do not have a monopoly on being crass.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
She's not looking too healthy in my opinion. Four years is a long time. Maybe some rest on the sidelines will help her.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ironic considering the overwhelming majority of women, asians, and college educated/wealthy people voted for Obama.

Romney got the Rush Limbaugh retards, and Mississippi Rednecks.

Your party hardly holds the claim for most intelligent voting population.
you want to talk about intelligence?

we have a president who drove 1 in 6 americans into poverty last year, (and that is with a 6 TRILLION dollar spending level in one term) and yet somehow imanaged to get reelected on the idea that in the next 4 years he will turn the economy around.

that is wishful or some might say magical thinking, my friend.

here is someone who does get it, though.

THe FiSCaL CLiFF... | ZeroHedge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections