U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
 
19,561 posts, read 13,300,473 times
Reputation: 4908

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For folks who are constantly deriding others as living in a state of victimhood, always blaming others for their failures. Yet, you blame the media, you blame attack ads, you blame racist black people, you blame voter ignorance, you blame the polls, you blame anything and everything that you can find to blame instead of just looking into the mirror and realizing that the fault lies with you, your candidates, your policies, and your party. Isn't it about time that you practice what you preach? Get a mirror, and take a good hard look at yourselves.
That only works if you a partisan, political hack, like the Karl Roves of the world.

I do call the people who reelected 0bama ignorant, because I refuse to believe any informed person, who was not a political hack, would have voted for 0bama if they knew the facts and the truth.

Granted, there are people who voted for him out of purely selfish reasons, because they thought 0bama and his democrats would give them free stuff, or they voted out of revenge, because they think 0bama will screw their perceived enemies, or they are just political hacks that always vote Democratic, no matter what.

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,232,811 times
Reputation: 14879
Whole lot of "victims" posting on this thread. Not much self-reflection which ultimately is fine with me.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,151 posts, read 15,831,401 times
Reputation: 8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nah, here's the real reason:


"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship." - Prof. Alexander Frazer Tytler
You've got it. The left is always trying to tell us what we have done wrong. They are full of bull. They have not a clue.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,393,675 times
Reputation: 6451
THAT may be so. But it is also time, for democrats who Feel Obama is their Messiah, to actually grow some!
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,232,811 times
Reputation: 14879
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You've got it. The left is always trying to tell us what we have done wrong.
And forever hopeful that you don't take our advice.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,545,966 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That only works if you a partisan, political hack, like the Karl Roves of the world.

I do call the people who reelected 0bama ignorant, because I refuse to believe any informed person, who was not a political hack, would have voted for 0bama if they knew the facts and the truth.

Granted, there are people who voted for him out of purely selfish reasons, because they thought 0bama and his democrats would give them free stuff, or they voted out of revenge, because they think 0bama will screw their perceived enemies, or they are just political hacks that always vote Democratic, no matter what.
....Says the person who spells Obama's name with a zero, 0bama. Yes, yes you certainly don't come off as a partisan political hack, etc., etc..
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,522 posts, read 9,380,509 times
Reputation: 6242
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You've got it. The left is always trying to tell us what we have done wrong. They are full of bull. They have not a clue.
They said that about Nate Silver, too...
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Houston
21,107 posts, read 10,770,630 times
Reputation: 8263
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
.

Plus the perception among the more hard-core rabid conservatives is that Hispanics have too much damn power anyway. You are going to have a helluva hard time getting congressional Republicans to vote for immigration reform. The only ones that might do so probably live in areas where the Hispanic voting population could cause them to lose an election.


The GOP is now between a rock and hard place. Those that live in areas with large Hispanic voting populations where this is an issue will put pressure on them to support immigration reform while their base will pressure them not to.
The social conservatives are to the Republicans what African-Americans are to the Democrats...you have to suck up to them in the primaries but after that you can pretty much ignore them as they have nowhere else to go. The only thing you have to worry about with both groups is voter turnout.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
 
2,528 posts, read 2,056,794 times
Reputation: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
For folks who are constantly deriding others as living in a state of victimhood, always blaming others for their failures. Yet, you blame the media, you blame attack ads, you blame racist black people, you blame voter ignorance, you blame the polls, you blame anything and everything that you can find to blame instead of just looking into the mirror and realizing that the fault lies with you, your candidates, your policies, and your party. Isn't it about time that you practice what you preach? Get a mirror, and take a good hard look at yourselves.
Nah...everyone know what Obama sees when he looks in his mirror.

He even admits it in his book...
 
Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 AM
 
10,522 posts, read 9,569,360 times
Reputation: 19472
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
THAT may be so. But it is also time, for democrats who Feel Obama is their Messiah, to actually grow some!

What??? You mean he doesn't walk on water????

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top