U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans, on a scale of 1 - 10, how painful was your defeat?
1 - painful 4 10.81%
2 - still painful 1 2.70%
3 - more painful 0 0%
4 - most painful 0 0%
5 - even more painful 1 2.70%
6 - too painful 2 5.41%
7 - unbelievably painful 1 2.70%
8 - ridiculously painful 4 10.81%
9 - unbearably painful 1 2.70%
10 - Someone bury me already 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The GOP is in a bad position and you know it. This is one you should have won given the still high unemployment rate and still soft state of the economy. Your party is damaged goods.

All the better for America anyhow.
When the federal debt passes $20T on Obamas watch, I'm willing to be you'll be applauding..

Old 11-09-2012, 06:26 PM

6,482 posts, read 5,969,433 times
Quote:
LoL, whatever makes your future seems less bleak I guess. Going by the reaction of your friends on the right, it might as well be the end of the world. I find that pleasantly amusing.
Nah. This, too, shall pass.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,789,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Funny, but the white males are the ones with jobs, the ones taxed to death to pay for EVERYONE else (remember, the federal income tax hits EARNED INCOME or WAGES the hardest). I wonder how long they'll keep working for the benefit of everyone but themselves?
As a straight, white male who works and pays his taxes... well, in my company, I work with four other straight, white males. There are two gay white males, two straight black males, a gay black male, a straight black woman, an Asian-American woman, three latinos, and six latinas. These were the people who, at varying points, showed up with resumes, made the cut, and have been able to hang ever since. They all pay taxes just the same as me (though I make more than most of them and consequently, pay more in taxes - which is fine, I still take home more...).

This isn't the first time that I've worked in an environment in which white males do not make up the majority of the staff. Your statement is totally bogus and laden with baseless and reactionary rhetoric.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 PM

395 posts, read 369,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Nah. This, too, shall pass.
Yeah the Romans never thought their empire would fall either but we all know the end of their story.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,039,083 times
Has to be a 11 or 12.

The extra +2 is because the libs who voted for him think it's funny.

Too bad they aren't smart enough to know what 4 more years brings.

Whips - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM

9,620 posts, read 12,789,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Has to be a 11 or 12.

The extra +2 is because the libs who voted for him think it's funny.

Too bad they aren't smart enough to know what 4 more years brings.

Whips - YouTube
Wait, no videos of old Mustangs doing burnouts??

You must be angry!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Quote:
Judging by the reactions of Republicans to their 2nd consecutive crushing at the polls by Barack Obama, it seems like this loss was even more painful to them than the first one. In fact, Tuesday's loss was so painful to Republicans that it not only triggered some soul searching on the right, but the GOP is now actively involved in self-examination about their party, their policies, and their ideology. This kind of self-introspection is previously unheard of on the right.

After putting it all on the line, with unprecedented amount of dark money to back them up, they still lost one of the most unlikely defeats in US Presidential history with an economy bearing an unemployment rate nearing 8%. In fact, Obama not only won, he won in a landslide and the Democrats added to their majority in the Senate and even picked up seats in the House. Republicans can spin this defeat any way they want, but they can't hide from reality. Something is seriously wrong with the GOP brand. The Republican party is damaged goods.
the sad part is that the country is now damaged goods.

the FSA won, but at what cost to our country?

we are on our way to FIXING NOTHING, and reaching that 3rd world status that the liberal democrats have longed for-you know, where we are ALL equal in the world, ALL poor, and ALL suffering.

and while bloomberg takes away your soda, in your nanny state, i will be drinking my big gulp here in the sunshine state-and life isn't that bad for now.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 PM

395 posts, read 369,484 times
Liberals see more value in the opportunity to call someone they disagree a "teabagger" with than they see in the opportunity to payoff our debt. it's sickening.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,039,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Wait, no videos of old Mustangs doing burnouts??

You must be angry!
Obama...YO MAMA didn't raise you right!

The Indiana Jones Theme - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM

25,393 posts, read 29,708,331 times
Quote:
It seems like Republicans are not interested in talking about their defeat. I wonder why.
Because it's not the issue. What will happen because of it is. obama is a lousy leader. He's leading us deeper and deeper into debt. This cannot end well. It's not my defeat. It's America's demise. How bad will that hurt? We'll know in a few years.

What I want to know is why dems are only interested in celebrating causing pain they only imagine htey caused rather than explaining why this is a good thing..... -- Doi you even think about such things? Or just look for ways to rub salt in imaginary wounds because it makes you feel better about yourself?

So, tell me why spending money we don't have and can't pay back is a good thing....

Tell me why selling our future to China is a good thing....

Tell me how obama has helped unemployment...

Tell me how good increasing the national debt will be for the country....

Tell me how investing in failed companies helped us....

Tell me how well the stimulus worked ....

Tell me how well cash for clunkers worked....

Tell me how any of obama's stupid ideas worked....
Don't mistake our being sad for our country with you having hurt us. We'll take care of ourselves. We always do. It's you who can't take care of yourselves. That's why you vote for a nanny state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or