U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans, on a scale of 1 - 10, how painful was your defeat?
1 - painful 4 10.81%
2 - still painful 1 2.70%
3 - more painful 0 0%
4 - most painful 0 0%
5 - even more painful 1 2.70%
6 - too painful 2 5.41%
7 - unbelievably painful 1 2.70%
8 - ridiculously painful 4 10.81%
9 - unbearably painful 1 2.70%
10 - Someone bury me already 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM

3,383 posts, read 6,876,069 times

Advertisements

Actually I see it as more of a problem with our country.

I really don't know why social issues like gay marriage and abortion are huge hot topics. I feel they should be chosen by states.

Anyways what percentage of America is gay? 2% what percentage gets abortions? 3% so 5% of the country affects a large amount of votes and affected the outcome of the election. Don't worry both sides are affected by this.

I just wish people realize more government is not good(name a government agency everyone.e agrees operates effectively and efficiently with money) also that right now our number 1 concern is economy and future development of our country to compete with the rest of the work catching up to us.

As long as we remain. A wealthy and leader nation, we will have money and time where we can sit around and bicker about social issues.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 PM

960 posts, read 1,826,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Judging by the reactions of Republicans to their 2nd consecutive crushing at the polls by Barack Obama, it seems like this loss was even more painful to them than the first one. In fact, Tuesday's loss was so painful to Republicans that it not only triggered some soul searching on the right, but the GOP is now actively involved in self-examination about their party, their policies, and their ideology. This kind of self-introspection is previously unheard of on the right.

After putting it all on the line, with unprecedented amount of dark money to back them up, they still lost one of the most unlikely defeats in US Presidential history with an economy bearing an unemployment rate nearing 8%. In fact, Obama not only won, he won in a landslide and the Democrats added to their majority in the Senate and even picked up seats in the House. Republicans can spin this defeat any way they want, but they can't hide from reality. Something is seriously wrong with the GOP brand. The Republican party is damaged goods.

Funny, to you it seems as if obama being reelected is no more than a sporting event. MY GUY WON.. YAHOO!!!
Reality is when you realize you're going to be paying the same high taxes as everyone else weather they voted for obama or not. Great thread deep thinker!!

19,899 posts, read 15,373,247 times
Again, that is a ignorant statement. It is not a party who loses, when America fails, it is all Americans, don't you know that.

On Thursday just 3 days after Obozo's reelection, two younger men i know, were laid off at their jobs of 10 years. Ten mind you, not kidding, here this is serious. There employer brought up the health care issue, with some other issues, and they had to let some people go, well actually all together, they let 20 people go.

Starting already, and for those of you who did vote him in once again, if you also lose your job, i don't care. You bought into the garbage once again, my investor, says we are going down big time, he is smart, he is swaive, he is intelligent, and he can already see where we are headed.

He has been spot on.

If they talk about Companies hiring, they also better figure in, those employers, and there have been many, who are letting good employees go.

Is your job safe, really think it is easy to find another one. Take a look at our high unemployment and it is growing once again.

It isn't one party who loses, actually it is all of us, because the economy is once again going down, unemployment will remain high, and housing sorry, still has a long long way to go. We lose together as a whole. We win as a whole. Right now we are between a rock and a hard place.
I sincerely hope this is a better 4 years then the last 4 years of hell.

3,180 posts, read 2,592,460 times
Quote:
It seems like Republicans are not interested in talking about their defeat. I wonder why.
What's to talk about? Congratulations on voting for the destruction of America. You won. Yippee!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM

9,411 posts, read 11,327,746 times
More painful than a root canal?

ok, my bad...

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM

27,556 posts, read 15,221,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Again, that is a ignorant statement. It is not a party who loses, when America fails, it is all Americans, don't you know that.

On Thursday just 3 days after Obozo's reelection, two younger men i know, were laid off at their jobs of 10 years. Ten mind you, not kidding, here this is serious. There employer brought up the health care issue, with some other issues, and they had to let some people go, well actually all together, they let 20 people go.

Starting already, and for those of you who did vote him in once again, if you also lose your job, i don't care. You bought into the garbage once again, my investor, says we are going down big time, he is smart, he is swaive, he is intelligent, and he can already see where we are headed.

He has been spot on.

If they talk about Companies hiring, they also better figure in, those employers, and there have been many, who are letting good employees go.

Is your job safe, really think it is easy to find another one. Take a look at our high unemployment and it is growing once again.

It isn't one party who loses, actually it is all of us, because the economy is once again going down, unemployment will remain high, and housing sorry, still has a long long way to go. We lose together as a whole. We win as a whole. Right now we are between a rock and a hard place.
I sincerely hope this is a better 4 years then the last 4 years of hell.
I don't know where you work ~ but my job hasn't been 'safe' for the past ten years. It's been survival of the fittest out here for a LONG time.

Layoffs are news? You do realize that jobs were hemorraging before W left, right?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:34 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,318,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Only White power types claim that White men are the only ones that work
Exactly. It's that type of mentality that is destroying the GOP in the first place. This idea that only they represent the real America and everyone else is less than worthy. People find that insulting and have roundly rejected that kind of divisive ideology. Republicans are digging their own graves. Their southern strategy won't work anymore. They will have to change their tone or be banished to minority party status for years to come.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:19 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,592,460 times
Quote:
Exactly. It's that type of mentality that is destroying the GOP in the first place. This idea that only they represent the real America and everyone else is less than worthy. People find that insulting and have roundly rejected that kind of divisive ideology. Republicans are digging their own graves. Their southern strategy won't work anymore. They will have to change their tone or be banished to minority party status for years to come.
I find it insulting that you think that there are white Republicans that even begin to think this way. Frankly, I think most of the white establishment is sick and tired of being told that they ARE more entitled because they are white and therefore should "step aside" for those of color.

A person's "worth" should never be determined by the color of their skin. This is why I have always been opposed to Affirmative Action. A person's worth should be determined by how hard they work and the content of their character.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 1,870,579 times
Quote:
Good for you. You are one of the wise one.

I think you will find there are more than a few of us............most union members vote Democratic. The republicans have yet to figure out that them wanting to abolish unions altogether,and calling us overpaid and lazy,will not garner our vote either.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,608,183 times
Quote:
Judging by the reactions of Republicans to their 2nd consecutive crushing at the polls by Barack Obama, it seems like this loss was even more painful to them than the first one. In fact, Tuesday's loss was so painful to Republicans that it not only triggered some soul searching on the right, but the GOP is now actively involved in self-examination about their party, their policies, and their ideology. This kind of self-introspection is previously unheard of on the right.

After putting it all on the line, with unprecedented amount of dark money to back them up, they still lost one of the most unlikely defeats in US Presidential history with an economy bearing an unemployment rate nearing 8%. In fact, Obama not only won, he won in a landslide and the Democrats added to their majority in the Senate and even picked up seats in the House. Republicans can spin this defeat any way they want, but they can't hide from reality. Something is seriously wrong with the GOP brand. The Republican party is damaged goods.

not an R.

but it didnt hurt at all, it was a forgone conclusion that pbo would win when the liberal media was stating that pbo would win even before the polls were closed. sort of a put up election if you were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or