U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans, on a scale of 1 - 10, how painful was your defeat?
1 - painful 4 10.81%
2 - still painful 1 2.70%
3 - more painful 0 0%
4 - most painful 0 0%
5 - even more painful 1 2.70%
6 - too painful 2 5.41%
7 - unbelievably painful 1 2.70%
8 - ridiculously painful 4 10.81%
9 - unbearably painful 1 2.70%
10 - Someone bury me already 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 AM

6,521 posts, read 3,429,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not an R.

but it didnt hurt at all, it was a forgone conclusion that pbo would win when the liberal media was stating that pbo would win even before the polls were closed. sort of a put up election if you were.
Oh it`s that "liberal media" thing again.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM

993 posts, read 684,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Don't forget white women and just women in general. The only demographic the GOP is still winning is white men over the age of 50. Everyone else has rejected them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Good point. Obama essentially swept the floor with every single demographic group except white men. He is a true man of the people.
Wrong. Gov. Romney won among married women. Obama won among single women. Also, don't forget they don't have demographics for high IQ. There's no doubt Gov. Romney won that demographic by around 90%.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,315,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Wrong. Gov. Romney won among married women. Obama won among single women. Also, don't forget they don't have demographics for high IQ. There's no doubt Gov. Romney won that demographic by around 90%.
Another example of Republicans inventing their own reality. No wonder you guys got crushed. According to the exit polls, President Obama won the most educated demographic - those with a post-graduate degree - by 55%. He also won the no college crowd and those who have completed at least some college education. This is an another example of his broad appeal.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 AM

12,765 posts, read 7,392,179 times
Quote:
* Crickets *

I guess it's just too painful for them. They don't want to talk about it.
Based on what I've been seeing on Fox news, About like a barbed-wire rectal thermometer

Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 AM

341 posts, read 540,968 times
Republicans don't understand we are in the third millenium. There are many other parties which are better for the middle class IMHO.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 AM

14,500 posts, read 16,399,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Funny, but the white males are the ones with jobs, the ones taxed to death to pay for EVERYONE else (remember, the federal income tax hits EARNED INCOME or WAGES the hardest). I wonder how long they'll keep working for the benefit of everyone but themselves?
Then I guess all the women and non-whites at my workplace (in high paying white collar technical careers) are really white men that are in costumes to portray themselves as women and non-whites?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 PM

14,500 posts, read 16,399,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When the federal debt passes $20T on Obamas watch, I'm willing to be you'll be applauding..
the debt would be worse under Romney

Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM

12,635 posts, read 14,670,082 times
It didn't hurt. It was disappointing. I thought we had a chance to get our country out of the hole Obama has put us in.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:17 PM

5,008 posts, read 10,485,685 times
As much as I like the election results, I have a few bones to pick with people who claim this is the beginning of a democratic wave / demographic shift that will put Democrats permanently in power / etc.

1) Most Americans shifted to the right in the political spectrum. The margin of victory for Obama was slimmer this time around. The New York Times has a nice interactive graphic showing this, even in Illinois, Obama's home state, fewer people voted for him than last time ... it just wasn't enough of a shift to cost him the election.

2) Republicans absolutely crushed Democrats on a wave of fiscal responsibility in 2010. I predict that Republicans will stop the social warfare and focus even more on the economy. Telling women they can't have abortions and telling hispanics to deport their neighbors is a lost cause. If they can do that and have their analyses based on real facts (not "facts" sponsored by their favorite corporate partners) then they can win over many hispanics.

The Tea Party won big not because they got more hard-assed and socially conservative... they won because of the economy, stupid. Keep it simple stupid. Economy economy economy. Forget the social warfare. Forget what the pastor tells you to say, forget what the corporate fatcats who pay you under the table tell you to say, and please muzzle your more far-right factions.

3) The only reason why Romney and the rest of the republicans didn't carry every single state is because the white vote participation was paltry. Something like 40%. That's pathetic. If the R's can get folks motivated to vote then they will never have a problem, at least not until the 2050s. They need to somehow tell folks their vote DOES matter. How? Look at #2. If you can muzzle your social warfare, then you will have a chance of getting the white educated vote and women.

And above all, my recommendation is to stop being the party of NO. Politics is about back and forth and compromise... NOBODY is supposed to hit the home run. You're supposed to slog it out and feel dirty at the end because in the end, that's the only way you'll get anything done.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM

993 posts, read 684,211 times
Quote:
Another example of Republicans inventing their own reality. No wonder you guys got crushed. According to the exit polls, President Obama won the most educated demographic - those with a post-graduate degree - by 55%. He also won the no college crowd and those who have completed at least some college education. This is an another example of his broad appeal.
IQ is not necessarily equivalent to education, and the fact that you said "broad appeal" says a lot. Lower IQ people voted as if this were a popularity contest rather than an election to hire a strong leader to advance America's standing in the world, and a competent person who could work with others to find solutions to stop us from going over the fiscal cliff and eventually hitting rock bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or