U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
 
12,635 posts, read 14,670,082 times
Reputation: 14180

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
It's been a lot easier for my friends to find a job now then it was back in 2009 and 2010. My dad went from making nearly no money in 2009 to making nearly 200,000 dollars in 2012.

It's been better for many more people then you think. You can go look at Midtown Atlanta and see that the economy is better. There are now more skyscrapers and development occurring NOW then in 2009.

It's almost obvious and evident things are much better now then in 2008 and 2009. You're blinded and shadowed by hate and spite. You will at all cost refuse to give Obama benefit of the doubt.

But hey, Reagan also had a terrible economy in his first term and I don't hear repub. screaming about that. Only in his 2nd term, did the economy begin to flourish again.

Wow. You must live in Utopia. Or looking through rose colored glasses. Because what you claim to be true is not true for most Americans. I have been lucky, but I don't know one single person who is better off now than they were in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
 
395 posts, read 370,599 times
Reputation: 362
I think a quote from one of the most evil men in history, Adoplh Hitler, sums up why Obama won.

Hitler once said "how fortunate for leaders that men do not think"

Obama won because we have become a nation of lazy ignorant fools. We have a national debt of 16 trillion dollars, 6 trillion of which came from the last 4 years of Obama and we have morons on this site cheerleading what a great job Obama is doing.

You dips-h-i-t-s on the left that expect the government to take care of everything for you fail to realize that sooner or later every welfare state becomes fiscally insolvent and turns to ****. Have you idiots not been paying attention to what is going on in Greece? Come talk to me in another 30 years when this country has collapsed under the weight of it's ridiculous debt and turned into a third world nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Dallas
493 posts, read 558,747 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Wow. You must live in Utopia. Or looking through rose colored glasses. Because what you claim to be true is not true for most Americans. I have been lucky, but I don't know one single person who is better off now than they were in 2008.
You don't? Say hello to me. You don't know anybody who's better off because you refuse to notice or you only know people who are going to be bad off regardless the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,270,198 times
Reputation: 17985
He won because he offered more free stufff to peopel who want more free stuff. Its no different than policians talked about in europe. they offered more free stuff and went on borrow binge to provide ;just to get in office. Now there are riots in Greece just because it can't be financed any more.The fiscal cliff came about because we have gotten away from what government is to provide to where many think of government has their second parent. Like it or not sooner or later that is dendig just like in Greece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Dallas
493 posts, read 558,747 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
I think a quote from one of the most evil men in history, Adoplh Hitler, sum up why Obama won.

Hitler once said "how fortunate for leaders that men do not think"

Obama won because we have become a nation of lazy ignorant fools. We have a national debt of 16 trillion dollars, 6 trillion of which came from the last 4 years of Obama and we have morons on this site cheerleading what a great job Obama is doing.

You dips-h-i-t-s on the left that expect the government to take care of everything for you fail to realize that sooner or later every welfare state becomes fiscally insolvent and turns to ****. Have you idiots not been paying attention to what is going on in Greece? Come talk to me in another 30 years when this country has collapsed under the weight of it's ridiculous debt and turned into a third world nation.
That's it. Keep up all the negative "lazy ignorant fools" talk because that's why you LOST the election. People are sick of the negative, sky is falling, fear tactics. Just sick of it. Until conservatives realize that America is not buying it the GOP has no chance on the national stage. You better learn its a new landscape and graduate from the 1950's to the new world. So you just keep up the talk of calling us "idiots" because it's just one more dig for your political grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
 
Location: On the Group W bench
5,576 posts, read 3,470,225 times
Reputation: 2127
And me. SO much better off. Oh, and I'm neither ignorant nor lazy, and really tired of being told that I am. 55 years old, degree from a premier college, long career with a couple of layoffs during the Bush years that almost killed me, and a proud Obama voter with hope for the future. Really, if you keep telling us Obama voters how stupid and lazy we are, and we know we're not, what do you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
 
6,797 posts, read 6,619,491 times
Reputation: 5416
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Wow. You must live in Utopia. Or looking through rose colored glasses. Because what you claim to be true is not true for most Americans. I have been lucky, but I don't know one single person who is better off now than they were in 2008.
Or you're just being biased...

So let me ask you this. What would Romney have done to improve the economy? Please give it to me in details since you're so sure that electing him would have been for the good of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Dallas
493 posts, read 558,747 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And me. SO much better off. Oh, and I'm neither ignorant nor lazy, and really tired of being told that I am. 55 years old, degree from a premier college, long career with a couple of layoffs during the Bush years that almost killed me, and a proud Obama voter with hope for the future. Really, if you keep telling us Obama voters how stupid and lazy we are, and we know we're not, what do you expect?
Amen. I think these folks are slow to realize the name calling and fear baiting helped them lose the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
 
Location: state of enlightenment
2,391 posts, read 4,571,731 times
Reputation: 2435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Yeah right. Obama winning had absolutely nothing to do with the overwhelming media bias in his favor, even more so than 2008. What other outcome would you expect when there are 8x as many negative stories run about Romney as Obama? Most voters are sheep who believe anything they're told, especially if the lies are repeated often enough.
Fox "news" is the biggest right wing propaganda network in the world. Most talk radio is actually right wing hate radio. He won despite the enormous right wing propaganda media and their endless stream of venom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
 
23,868 posts, read 16,097,064 times
Reputation: 8827
The right wing mistakenly thinks that if they run a latino candidate it will be enough to win an election. What idiots! It's the policies that stink that are costing them.

Quote:
But nominating a Hispanic candidate or even modifying the party's immigration stance will not be enough.

A broader problem for the Republican party is that among voters who wanted a president who 'cares about people like me', Obama won by 81 per cent.

David Frum, a moderate Republican who served in the Bush administration, wrote in the Daily Beast: 'It's necessary of course to refrain from insulting Latinos, or, for that matter, anybody.

'But the crying need in the GOP is for a more middle-class orientation to politics, one that addresses concerns like healthcare as well as debts and deficits.' He added that 'the ideas that dominated the past four years won't become more attractive if all conservatives do is translate them into Spanish'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top