U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:07 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,598,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And me. SO much better off. Oh, and I'm neither ignorant nor lazy, and really tired of being told that I am. 55 years old, degree from a premier college, long career with a couple of layoffs during the Bush years that almost killed me, and a proud Obama voter with hope for the future. Really, if you keep telling us Obama voters how stupid and lazy we are, and we know we're not, what do you expect?
They love to do and say this, but my dad is a liberal and most likely making more money then almost ANY conservative....

I know many hard working liberals. To go as far as say, they only voted for Obama is for free handouts is beyond silly.

There are just as many lazy liberals as there are lazy conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,391 posts, read 4,564,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And me. SO much better off. Oh, and I'm neither ignorant nor lazy, and really tired of being told that I am. 55 years old, degree from a premier college, long career with a couple of layoffs during the Bush years that almost killed me, and a proud Obama voter with hope for the future. Really, if you keep telling us Obama voters how stupid and lazy we are, and we know we're not, what do you expect?
The right wing extremists believe their own propaganda so much they think anyone with a different opinion is crazy or just un-Merican.

395 posts, read 369,777 times
What's it going to take for you morons to get it?

Look at Greece. DO you see what's going on there? It's a prime example of the what happens when you keep adding more and more entitlements that the nation cannot pay for.

We are currently 16 trillion dollars in debt and adding more every day. We can't even pay the interest on this debt let alone the principle. yet we have liberals telling us we need more and more social welfare programs. If you don't like being called lazy cecil and jmqueen that's fine but if you lack such a basic understanding of finance that you can't see how our debt and inability to fund social welfare programs is a huge problem then you're morons. plain and simple.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 PM

right wing, right wing right wing blah blah blah

I'm talking about 16 trillion in debt. it's not left vs right. it's basic finance and it's going to crush this nation.

What the F---- is so hard to comprehend about that?

6,795 posts, read 6,598,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post

Look at Greece. DO you see what's going on there? It's a prime example of the what happens when you keep adding more and more entitlements that the nation cannot pay for.

We are currently 16 trillion dollars in debt and adding more every day. We can't even pay the interest on this debt let alone the principle. yet we have liberals telling us we need more and more social welfare programs. If you don't like being called lazy cecil and jmqueen that's fine but if you lack such a basic understanding of finance that you can't see how our debt and inability to fund social welfare programs is a huge problem then you're morons. plain and simple.
I'm a liberal and I don't think we need anymore social welfare programs. Where are you hearing this from? Welfare has been around for a long time now...when did this change since Obama became president? It didn't. It's been the same for a while now.

493 posts, read 557,395 times
Quote:

Greece is NOT America. Don't you see that? I have more faith in America than you do...plain and simple. I said all that and never had to call you a bad name. Imagine that.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,564,814 times
Quote:

Well, you've got it all figured out haven't you. The world's leading expert on economics and stupidity. The worldwide economic disaster was brought to you by the deregulated American banks and their derivative Ponzi schemes. It wasn't "entitlements" that caused this disaster, it was the Reagan deregulation orgy that got the ball rolling and squandering 3 TRILLION tax dollars on a tragic, unnecessary war closed the deal. At this point the ONLY option is to add to debt until the economy improves. Try and educate yourself a bit (careful, don't blow a fuse): The Complete Guide Of What's To Blame For Our Debt Problem. Brought To You By Math

Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM

It's not American banks that caused Greece to go bankrupt. It was the welfare state mentality that you advocate being taken to it's logical conclusion. Also it wasn't American banks that ran up a 16 trillion dollar national debt. It was the federal government spending money hand over fist. Your total lack of understanding of finance shows through in your assertion that we need to take on more debt to improve the economy. Your ignorance would be amusing if there weren't so many more like you in this nation.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,156,757 times
I think the most interesting thing is that the Right Wing does not see the problem.

It is very difficult to imagine a President in more trouble than Obama. Classically such a President does not survive. He correctly blamed Bush for much of the problem and could have blamed Clinton and Bush I as well...but we still shoot the sitting President if they don't get things turned around in four years.

He also had limited support from his core. He did get out of Iraq but continued Afghanistan and turned out to be pretty warrior like. Obama likes wielding military power. He likes taken out terrorists...and he is quite willing to throw the might of the US in very questionable ways.

His Obamacare was no great victory. A committee beast that will have to hacked and rebuilt and done over three times before it really works. And the other stuff got tied up in the process.

He got some breaks...definite economic improvement over the years though at a relatively slow rate...the late drop in unemployment....the storm.

But basically a wounded sitting duck to be harvested by the Republican hunter.

Did not happen did it? Repubs could not find a suitable creature acceptable to their vocal minorities. And they ended up with a rich, aristocrtatic phoney who could not carry the day against a badly wounded opponent.

And from here it only gets worse. The economic cycle runs and is starting up. Virtually all economists expect 12 million new jobs over the next four. The present silliness over regulations and Obamacare will go away as the cliff is dealt with.

And come 2016 the Repubs face Hilary or better, a robust economy, very limited war...another couple of points of minority voters.

What are you guys going to do? Move to Texas and secede?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Greece is NOT America. Don't you see that? I have more faith in America than you do...plain and simple. I said all that and never had to call you a bad name. Imagine that.
You know the reason I called you a bad name? It's because you and people like you who refuse to succumb to reason and common sense fail to see the writing on the wall when it comes the complete unsustainability of our governments spending and our national debt.

We're 16 trillion in debt and adding to it every day. We'll probably be at least 20 trillion dollars in debt by the time Obama's second term is over. We cannot even pay the interest on it. When does it end? When do we begin to exercise a little bit of financial sanity as a nation? How can any reasonable person, regardless of their political leanings not realize the danger in neverending debt and unfunded entitlement programs?

I called you a bad name because you refuse to see this very obvious danger. you'd rather pretend everything is great. It's you and people like you that are literally stealing any hopes that my children may have for a happy, productive future and I hate you with every fiber of my being for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or