U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 PM
 
Location: state of enlightenment
2,391 posts, read 4,563,964 times
Reputation: 2435

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
It's not American banks that caused Greece to go bankrupt. It was the welfare state mentality that you advocate being taken to it's logical conclusion. Also it wasn't American banks that ran up a 16 trillion dollar national debt. It was the federal government spending money hand over fist. Your total lack of understanding of finance shows through in your assertion that we need to take on more debt to improve the economy. Your ignorance would be amusing if there weren't so many more like you in this nation.
You supposed the Bush tax cuts, a bloated out of control military budget and unfunded 3 TRILLION dollar war had anything to do with it Mr. Economic Genius?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
 
395 posts, read 369,614 times
Reputation: 362
guess what Bush and Obama both sucked. please don't mistake my criticism of Obama as some type of tacit endorsement of Bush. I have no use for him or Obama. Obama has added more debt than Bush though so he is worse, but both parties are selling this nation down the river. I voted for Ron Paul not Mitt Romney.

You don't have to believe me. Stick to your tired America is great and we can recover from anything pipe dream. I'm sure the Romans never saw it coming either until it was too late. If your 40 years old or younger though you will most likely be around when the s-hit hits the fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
 
Location: FL
14,424 posts, read 8,058,015 times
Reputation: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Wow. You must live in Utopia. Or looking through rose colored glasses. Because what you claim to be true is not true for most Americans. I have been lucky, but I don't know one single person who is better off now than they were in 2008.
I know many that are better off. Everyone that I know that had their hours cut in 2009 have been back to working full time and some are getting overtime that had it before.

I was in one of the top 5 for foreclosures almost every month and now I am see new houses going up again.

Maybe you just choose not to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
 
Location: FL
14,424 posts, read 8,058,015 times
Reputation: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He won because he offered more free stufff to peopel who want more free stuff. Its no different than policians talked about in europe. they offered more free stuff and went on borrow binge to provide ;just to get in office. Now there are riots in Greece just because it can't be financed any more.The fiscal cliff came about because we have gotten away from what government is to provide to where many think of government has their second parent. Like it or not sooner or later that is dendig just like in Greece.
What free stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 7,894,916 times
Reputation: 8878
Waging a war on women was the wrong thing to do. Maybe one day Republicans will come out of their caves and take a peek at what the real world looks like in the 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Dallas
493 posts, read 557,140 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
You know the reason I called you a bad name? It's because you and people like you who refuse to succumb to reason and common sense fail to see the writing on the wall when it comes the complete unsustainability of our governments spending and our national debt.

We're 16 trillion in debt and adding to it every day. We'll probably be at least 20 trillion dollars in debt by the time Obama's second term is over. We cannot even pay the interest on it. When does it end? When do we begin to exercise a little bit of financial sanity as a nation? How can any reasonable person, regardless of their political leanings not realize the danger in neverending debt and unfunded entitlement programs?

I called you a bad name because you refuse to see this very obvious danger. you'd rather pretend everything is great. It's you and people like you that are literally stealing any hopes that my children may have for a happy, productive future and I hate you with every fiber of my being for it.
You're simply sick with hate and self pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,272 posts, read 15,053,470 times
Reputation: 20869
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Like I said, when it happens just remember we told you. You must not take our national security any more seriously than Obama does.
What I'm thinking, luzianne, is that you are most likely not an expert on national security. So, I won't be taking advice from you on that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,275,203 times
Reputation: 5906
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Another post claiming people who didn't vote for Obama are racist. I'm not racist. I will say for about the millionth time in response to stupid comments like yours: I would welcome Condie Rice as president. I don't care about anyone's race. I don't like Obama's politics.

And I don't live in Missouri. You should check your reading comprehension.
Oh, I can read well enuff, especially when I see certain deeply ingrained "cultural attitudes" that seem to die hard...no matter where some folks move: View Profile: luzianne

BTW, for someone who's "not a racist", you sure do seem to "protest too much"!

Racists! .... "You're a racist" .... The "racist" comments have gone too far ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,272 posts, read 15,053,470 times
Reputation: 20869
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Oh, I can read well enuff, especially when I see certain deeply ingrained "cultural attitudes" that seem to die hard...no matter where some folks move: View Profile: luzianne

BTW, for someone who's "not a racist", you sure do seem to "protest too much"!

Racists! .... "You're a racist" .... The "racist" comments have gone too far ....
She sure does throw that word around, doesn't she?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,152 posts, read 26,628,616 times
Reputation: 6441
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
You supposed the Bush tax cuts, a bloated out of control military budget and unfunded 3 TRILLION dollar war had anything to do with it Mr. Economic Genius?
Tax cuts do not cause a debt (or a deficit), the military is only 20% of the budget and the Iraq & Afghanistan wars did not cost $3 trillion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top