U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,469,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Mitt Romney left his staffers high and dry the minute he found he lost. Staffers nationwide were in restaurants or getting a cab to head home after working hard campaigning for HIM only to find they were stranded and good ole Willard Mitt Romney gave orders to cancel all credit cards of staffers....Some were stranded without funds to get to where they were going...

Wake up America--IF this man treated his staffers this way---God only knows how he would have treated the American people if he made it into office. So disingenious, those supporters and staffers campaigning for him worked hard and this is how you repay them Mitt?? Wow....
Mitt Romney cuts off campaign workers credit cards, leaves workers stranded - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
and of course we are supposed to believe this, just because you read it in a liberal, blog...??? It is so sad, when some get their information from one side only and expect others to buy into it...If you want to believe this is true, good for you, but don't expect others to be so niave.

Now if you posted the CC were shut off so hotel expenses or other expenses were not covered during the campaign that would be different. But you took a slanted report, without having any clue what it is expected when someone is working on a political campaign and chose to post..Campaign workers are hired and work under totally different rules than a basic employee. Have you ever worked as a hired campaign worker? Well my husband has, in more than one campaign.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
I doubt Mitt did this...some one on the staff started to wrap things up..and that was on the "to do" list.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM

6,722 posts, read 4,260,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and of course we are supposed to believe this, just because you read it in a liberal, blog...??? It is so sad, when some get their information from one side only and expect others to buy into it...If you want to believe this is true, good for you, but don't expect others to be so niave.

Now if you posted the CC were shut off so hotel expenses or other expenses were not covered during the campaign that would be different. But you took a slanted report, without having any clue what it is expected when someone is working on a political campaign and chose to post..Campaign workers are hired and work under totally different rules than a basic employee. Have you ever worked as a hired campaign worker? Well my husband has, in more than one campaign.
FYI, campaigns do NOT normally cut off staffers the evening of the election. OFA staffers were paid thru Thursday at least, my FO is on the clock into next week. Mittens is a scumbag that back stabbed the ppl working for him.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM

54,145 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES, not plane tickets. I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
Try pulling your head out of the sand once in a while

There was a Ford Exec not long ago who had paid use of the compnay jet to commute weekly to and from his family home in Florida.

Many Wall St workers have company paid car services bringing them to and from work.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES, not plane tickets. I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
That's becuz you were in a lame campaign organization. EVERY paid staffer, volunteer and support personnel for the obama campaign was trained and prepared to go into virtual phone banking mode when the polls closed. Preparations and plans for all hands on deck calling into the western states' GOTV operations were in place. NOBODY assumed we were done at 7:45.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
At least they have jobs. For now.
Yep, haters gotta hate.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,069,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I also notice that a lot of the right wing posters who were spewing the party line on C-D here 24/7 also disappeared shortly after the election, never to be seen again. I guess the internet superpac money dried up also. Albeit, the ones that are left are our regulars and fit like a nice pair of bedroom slippers in their predictable opposition but for a while there, we had a real boiler room full of professional internet pundits who were father right than Atilla. Comments of our president like "scumbag" and "turd" were bandied about like popcorn at the movies. I can deal with and actually have an affinity with our usual loyal opposition but some of the others......not so much. I even got so hot I got banned for a while. But in the end, I'm still here and he's gone for good. At least until the next election.

The left only used descriptions of fairytales & sunshine?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM

2,976 posts, read 3,549,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Sounds like a story cooked up by the left to me.
yea the left is really desperate to cook up stories and make Mittens look bad after they wont the election

Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,655,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sadly, many of the rwnj Obama haters just created new C-D accounts so they don't have to live down the ridiculous series of hateful and bigoted posts they made over the last 5 years.
Or they went back to their day jobs.
That picture you posted is the republican party today - but listen to the "traditionalists" all over this forum extolling its conservative virtues. Beyond pathetic, yet they persist.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM

84,965 posts, read 98,814,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
yea the left is really desperate to cook up stories and make Mittens look bad after they wont the election
To both of you, I posted a link from one of the news networks. Do a search for my posts. Credit cards were cancelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or