U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,260,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
yea the left is really desperate to cook up stories and make Mittens look bad after they wont the election
No need to cook up stories, mittens is good at that himself. The lies about jeep for one.... Victory rallies capped off by a huge loss is another.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM

424 posts, read 394,616 times
You are so mean that if this is representative of GOP behavior, you are done next around. As an independent who voted for Gary Johnson. I feel you embarrassed not just your party, you embarrassed our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 AM

13,292 posts, read 10,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Typical of liberals - they always want somebody else to pick up the tab.

They love spending other people's money.
HuH???? They worked from him! Who else is suppose to pick up HIS tab

Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM

69,258 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To both of you, I posted a link from one of the news networks. Do a search for my posts. Credit cards were cancelled.
oh, I am not doubting that, but what I was trying to say is: if it is true and apparent it is, this isn't unusual. Believe me, I do know how it works and normally, the cards are stopped. Those working in a campaign normally are aware of how it works. Any reservations and tickets to return home need to be made prior to the end of the campaign. Whether a candidate wins or loses, his/her campaign staff normally returns home the day the election is over.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM

8,638 posts, read 8,771,906 times
The Boston Convention Center is literally a mile from the Airport, and its a $2.00 T ticket away, its no big deal.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To both of you, I posted a link from one of the news networks. Do a search for my posts. Credit cards were cancelled.
YEP, it is FACT, Mittens cut off his employees cold. He did say he likes firing ppl.

I had dinner with four local OFA FO's and one more from western Ohio, Defiance county, last nite. I asked each about their travels home, Indiana, California, southern Ohio. They were all given gas gift cards that will get all the way home. The gal from LA is making it a two trip, visiting friends all along the way. She is still on OFA payroll.

One thing about OFA is they thought things out. They built redundancy and contingencies into everything we did. They thought of the staffers and their volunteers. There was an unlimited supply of rain gear, hand warmer and flashlights. Even weatherproof clipboards. Blue team leaders saw to the GOTV canvassing operation and white team leaders saw the the care, comfort and feeding of those canvassers.

And the red team leaders saw to the voting process.

By contrast mittens field operation were a disaster. Orca collapsed becuz it wasn't stress tested, ppl were NOT fully trained, and materials and data was missing or delivered late. But don't take my word, deadfart says the same thing... Exclusive - Inside Orca: How the Romney Campaign Suppressed Its Own Vote

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-12-2012 at 08:58 AM..

Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh, I am not doubting that, but what I was trying to say is: if it is true and apparent it is, this isn't unusual. Believe me, I do know how it works and normally, the cards are stopped. Those working in a campaign normally are aware of how it works. Any reservations and tickets to return home need to be made prior to the end of the campaign. Whether a candidate wins or loses, his/her campaign staff normally returns home the day the election is over.
BS, that is not how it works. Everyone is told to stand by for instructions and implementation of contingency plans. Is there going to be a recount battle, do canvassers need to call other states, is their man power needed anywhere? Everyone is told to have go bags.

Funny, OFA is still funding many of their FO's. Wonder why mittens pulled the plug so quick.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM

9,900 posts, read 12,970,298 times
Quote:
EVERYONE knew on the campaign, that at 7:45 the campaign was OVER.. If you need a ride home in a taxi, YOU PAY FOR IT.. Where the hell do you work that your boss pays for your rides back and forth to work?

There was no indication that people were left high and dry in other cities!!!

If you are going to places besides your normal office, you always are compensated for mileage. So much for GOP-tards having any idea about business.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,989,487 times
Quote:
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
You clearly have never worked on a political campaign.

While I understand why the Romney campaign did what it's said it did, and I doubt Mitt Romney had anything to do with this, personally ... that the staff was disrespected/discarded in such a manner should come as no surprise to people who've observed that operation over time.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM

23,816 posts, read 10,001,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Mitt Romney left his staffers high and dry the minute he found he lost. Staffers nationwide were in restaurants or getting a cab to head home after working hard campaigning for HIM only to find they were stranded and good ole Willard Mitt Romney gave orders to cancel all credit cards of staffers....Some were stranded without funds to get to where they were going...

Wake up America--IF this man treated his staffers this way---God only knows how he would have treated the American people if he made it into office. So disingenious, those supporters and staffers campaigning for him worked hard and this is how you repay them Mitt?? Wow....
Mitt Romney cuts off campaign workers credit cards, leaves workers stranded - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
We do know how he'd treat the ones who want to be raised from cradle to grave, the same as the current President. Just another example of having someone big who can give you everything you want, is also big enough to take it away.
There's a lesson there, but the mundanes will ignore it, just as they have ignored the horrible policies and failures of the last decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or