U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Then you obviously didn't read the article where it says some were left stranded in strange cities.
No I didnt read the article, because I sat in on the campaign meeting and knew people who traveled for it. THEY ALL KNEW 7:45 their time, everything was done, and those who did travel, got tickets in advance.

The OP was moaning about TAXI RIDES HOME..

You'd think they'd be able to list ONE person stranded in another city.

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,164,683 times
Reputation: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No I didnt read the article, because I sat in on the campaign meeting and knew people who traveled for it. THEY ALL KNEW 7:45 their time, everything was done, and those who did travel, got tickets in advance.

The OP was moaning about TAXI RIDES HOME..
Then ehy were they stranded?
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Then ehy were they stranded?
They werent.. Why didnt the story name ONE person stranded in another city? Who the hell buys 1 way tickets?
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,626,133 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
Uh when i travel abroad or domestically--EVERYTHING is paid for pertaining to the reason for my travel. You must submit recipts and such, but yes cab fare, dinners, I can't go to Sax 5th ave and put on their tab of course, but yes their are occupations that this exists. So you think Romney had his staffers pay for southwest airline tickets to go help him in Ohio??? Your argument doesnt even make sense. So they were good enough to be used when he had them fly between Ohio and PA and then the retard loses and left them stranded...if you agree with him than you have the same amount of class....

Not only that hired staffers do not get paid well. So your FAKE argument is egregious.....
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Reputation: 9036
Oh, for pete's sake. What kind of moron believes that story?

Never mind.........I see now..........lol
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM
 
1,251 posts, read 2,127,363 times
Reputation: 890
Would of been entertaining if at 7:46 pm each staffer received a personalized phone call from a bellowing Donald Trump telling them "You're fired!" NBC could of taped it and turn it into a prime time special. Leave everyone with some warm fuzzies.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Uh when i travel abroad or domestically--EVERYTHING is paid for pertaining to the reason for my travel. You must submit recipts and such, but yes cab fare, dinners, I can't go to Sax 5th ave and put on their tab of course, but yes their are occupations that this exists. So you think Romney had his staffers pay for southwest airline tickets to go help him in Ohio??? Your argument doesnt even make sense. So they were good enough to be used when he had them fly between Ohio and PA and then the retard loses and left them stranded...if you agree with him than you have the same amount of class....

Not only that hired staffers do not get paid well. So your FAKE argument is egregious.....
What the hell are you talking about? Whats "hired staffers" not getting paid well, have to do with the thread? Who said they were?

As for Romneys staffers in Ohio, they DROVE in. From NC, and DC.. They needed vehicles every single day. I worked side by side with them.. I didnt know ONE person who was stranded by airfare..

Why didnt they list someone stranded?
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Reputation: 9036
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES, not plane tickets. I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
Reminds me of that fake story about how the building tipped over when everybody rushed to get a look at Air Force One.

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,101,303 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
If he paid for them to get were they are, why should'nt he pay to get them home? That is just wrong on so many levels
Only if it is true, but it is sooooo believable
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Reputation: 14096
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I also notice that a lot of the right wing posters who were spewing the party line on C-D here 24/7 also disappeared shortly after the election, never to be seen again. I guess the internet superpac money dried up also. Albeit, the ones that are left are our regulars and fit like a nice pair of bedroom slippers in their predictable opposition but for a while there, we had a real boiler room full of professional internet pundits who were father right than Atilla. Comments of our president like "scumbag" and "turd" were bandied about like popcorn at the movies. I can deal with and actually have an affinity with our usual loyal opposition but some of the others......not so much. I even got so hot I got banned for a while. But in the end, I'm still here and he's gone for good. At least until the next election.
Could be that they agreed not to post for a certain amount of time if their candidate lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top