U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,015,949 times
Reputation: 9036

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Sounds like a story cooked up by the left to me. I think it's ridiculous that your candidate WON and you still can't stop talking about Romney. Negative, negative, negative - just like your leader!
yep, yep, yep

The forum is full of gloating people who might have won this battle, but they'll be the biggest losers in the long run.

 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,629,745 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Whats "hired staffers" not getting paid well, have to do with the thread? Who said they were?

As for Romneys staffers in Ohio, they DROVE in. From NC, and DC.. They needed vehicles every single day. I worked side by side with them.. I didnt know ONE person who was stranded by airfare..

Why didnt they list someone stranded?
What the hell are you defending him for??? No staffers are not paid well...And thats even worse they DROVE in and then if they needed gas, they were toast all because greedy Romney...

This man lied to the American people constantly, embarassed our nation abroad, left his staffers who were helping him to TRY to get into the White House and this is the the thanks they got...

Maybe the people you know were just volunteers..No dear I know hired official who were FLOWN into Fla to help the President Campaign, and were on Pay roll and had very influential positions.

The Romney model of operation never worked for him them and never worked for him in 2012. Future politicians need to follow the Obama model if you want be successful and win. Mitt's ground game was not strong enough. I talked to some people on the ground who went into rural redneck areas that were very low income and they even told the Obama people NO One has ever canvassed and come to our door step--they felt as if they Romney camp didnt think they were good enough

And they were exactly right because Romeny couldnt even pay for a staffers cab fair...sick!!! See thats why 4 attempts within 10 years of Romney trying to make into the White House he ALWAYS failed...He is Retard loser that has money that has never bought him happiness....I hope he stays in the Temple for the next 4 years and not TRY to run again...
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Rational World Park
4,999 posts, read 3,757,455 times
Reputation: 2372
This isn't at all suprising coming from the guy who enjoys "firing" people, stashing his money overseas, hiding his tax returns and outsourcing jobs. It's all about Willard turning a buck at any cost.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,629,745 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The CREDIT cards were cancelled, that doesnt mean they arent being reinbursed otherwise..
Perhaps you are illiterate or dyslexic...um..that would make it more eggregious to reimburse them for funds used upon return home...

OMG your sentiments are futile. Suck it up...you voted for a loser and an extremely crass individual
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,629,745 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Sounds like a story cooked up by the left to me. I think it's ridiculous that your candidate WON and you still can't stop talking about Romney. Negative, negative, negative - just like your leader!

Never knew the truth was negative??!!!! Clearly you couldn't see past your disdain of the President to see the character flaws Romney had. Continue to point fingers all day, doesn't matter because Obama is still your Commander in Chief....
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 PM
 
23,784 posts, read 16,048,773 times
Reputation: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Uh when i travel abroad or domestically--EVERYTHING is paid for pertaining to the reason for my travel. You must submit recipts and such, but yes cab fare, dinners, I can't go to Sax 5th ave and put on their tab of course, but yes their are occupations that this exists. So you think Romney had his staffers pay for southwest airline tickets to go help him in Ohio??? Your argument doesnt even make sense. So they were good enough to be used when he had them fly between Ohio and PA and then the retard loses and left them stranded...if you agree with him than you have the same amount of class....

Not only that hired staffers do not get paid well. So your FAKE argument is egregious.....
Well that sums it up. Haven't you noticed the lack of class of the people that support the GOP period? That is why Romney LOST! His disconnect with people unless they are the country club set. There are wealthy folks that connect and have empathy, but Mitt aint one of 'em. Maybe next time these people that were his staff will vote for the Democrat.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
 
Location: US
3,078 posts, read 3,340,350 times
Reputation: 1629
Campaigns stay open long after the election is over to pay bills, write reimbursement checks, pay vendors. The bills (and reimbursements) from across the US come in for a long time afterwards. Some of Romney's staffers were borrowed from Republican Congressmen, such as Boehner. They have returned to work, and the others to their jobs.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,362 posts, read 15,087,470 times
Reputation: 20908
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
When I heard how he treated the family dog I knew full well what kind of person mit was. I think the guy is the ultimate narcissist. It's like he thinks the world revolves around mit romney. Even when it was so crystal clear he was going to lose, the guy still thought it was impossible for the great and powerful, wonderful and amazing mittens to lose.
I agree. In hindsight ~ he probably should have spent a little more time on that concession speech.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 11,270,782 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
This isn't at all suprising coming from the guy who enjoys "firing" people, stashing his money overseas, hiding his tax returns and outsourcing jobs. It's all about Willard turning a buck at any cost.
++
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,583,205 times
Reputation: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
EVERYONE knew on the campaign, that at 7:45 the campaign was OVER.. If you need a ride home in a taxi, YOU PAY FOR IT.. Where the hell do you work that your boss pays for your rides back and forth to work?

There was no indication that people were left high and dry in other cities!!!
Just think, if Obama had lost, he would have been paying all of those illegal alien campaign workers to go back to Mexico (with boatloads of Food Stamp cards, to be sure) ....... just because he's "that kinda guy!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top