U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,627,049 times
Reputation: 1005

Advertisements

Mitt Romney left his staffers high and dry the minute he found he lost. Staffers nationwide were in restaurants or getting a cab to head home after working hard campaigning for HIM only to find they were stranded and good ole Willard Mitt Romney gave orders to cancel all credit cards of staffers....Some were stranded without funds to get to where they were going...

Wake up America--IF this man treated his staffers this way---God only knows how he would have treated the American people if he made it into office. So disingenious, those supporters and staffers campaigning for him worked hard and this is how you repay them Mitt?? Wow....
Mitt Romney cuts off campaign workers credit cards, leaves workers stranded - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,615,406 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Mitt Romney left his staffers high and dry the minute he found he lost. Staffers nationwide were in restaurants or getting a cab to head home after working hard campaigning for HIM only to find they were stranded and good ole Willard Mitt Romney gave orders to cancel all credit cards of staffers....Some were stranded without funds to get to where they were going...

Wake up America--IF this man treated his staffers this way---God only knows how he would have treated the American people if he made it into office. So disingenious, those supporters and staffers campaigning for him worked hard and this is how you repay them Mitt?? Wow....
Mitt Romney cuts off campaign workers credit cards, leaves workers stranded - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Arizona
12,738 posts, read 7,360,267 times
Reputation: 6711
I also notice that a lot of the right wing posters who were spewing the party line on C-D here 24/7 also disappeared shortly after the election, never to be seen again. I guess the internet superpac money dried up also. Albeit, the ones that are left are our regulars and fit like a nice pair of bedroom slippers in their predictable opposition but for a while there, we had a real boiler room full of professional internet pundits who were father right than Atilla. Comments of our president like "scumbag" and "turd" were bandied about like popcorn at the movies. I can deal with and actually have an affinity with our usual loyal opposition but some of the others......not so much. I even got so hot I got banned for a while. But in the end, I'm still here and he's gone for good. At least until the next election.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,166,613 times
Reputation: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
You do not leave them stranded like that. It is sheer common sense. Would u be ok if u were travelling for ur boss and he up and left u high and dry in another city? That shows a lack of character and humanity. You give a cutoff time so people can at least get back to their home city. I guess ur a sh°¢€° boss.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,615,406 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
You do not leave them stranded like that. It is sheer common sense. Would u be ok if u were travelling for ur boss and he up and left u high and dry in another city? That shows a lack of character and humanity. You give a cutoff time so people can at least get back to their home city. I guess ur a sh°¢€° boss.
EVERYONE knew on the campaign, that at 7:45 the campaign was OVER.. If you need a ride home in a taxi, YOU PAY FOR IT.. Where the hell do you work that your boss pays for your rides back and forth to work?

There was no indication that people were left high and dry in other cities!!!
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,627,049 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
Oh yes for business travel we are covered to and from our destinations at ALL times...that is what you do in business and you should know that. You are responsible for those under your umbrella. There should be a clause that after midnight the NEXT day all funds from Romney campaigns will cease. McCain didnt do that to his staffers, he made sure they were accomodated for to and from destinations...thats class and decency, Mitt probably realized perhaps he couldn't right off the expednditures after losing so terribly to the PResident...

Romney has no decent morals to pull something like that. His staffers had to go home at wee hours of the night because the sorry loser refused to concede at first. So YES he should have kept their accounts open and make sure they returned home safely.

Successful corperations do that all the time. I dont disclose what I do on here but oh yes we all have cards given to us for circumstances like this with high limits for certain expenditures, as you said it is a JOB, he paid their way to get there to help him, he NEEDs to pay for them to get back.

I am very close to an Obama hired official and they do not operate like that. There are very strict rules when you are hired by the campaign, but there is no rule that after the loss you or on your own. I will tell you this and I said this months ago, they way the Obama camp operated on the ground was unprecendeted, i witnessed it...

Romney is a sorry a### thats why he didnt get into the White House AGAIN...Mitt is part of that 47%..he is now a victim and lost.... he begged and lied and groveled to get into the White House and was never let in....how funny karma comes back to bite you when you mistreat people...
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,964 posts, read 6,103,171 times
Reputation: 7829
I will hold my comments until I hear "the rest of the story." I think people should get all of the details before making negative comments.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,615,406 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Oh yes for business travel we are covered to and from our destinations at ALL times...that is what you do in business and you should know that. You are responsible for those under your umbrella. There should be a clause that after midnight the NEXT day all funds from Romney campaigns will cease. McCain didnt do that to his staffers, he made sure they were accomodated for to and from destinations...thats class and decency, Mitt probably realized perhaps he couldn't right off the expednditures after losing so terribly to the PResident...

Romney has no decent morals to pull something like that. His staffers had to go home at wee hours of the night because the sorry loser refused to concede at first. So YES he should have kept their accounts open and make sure they returned home safely.

Successful corperations do that all the time. I dont disclose what I do on here but oh yes we all have cards given to us for circumstances like this with high limits for certain expenditures, as you said it is a JOB, he paid their way to get there to help him, he NEEDs to pay for them to get back.

I am very close to an Obama hired official and they do not operate like that. There are very strict rules when you are hired by the campaign, but there is no rule that after the loss you or on your own. I will tell you this and I said this months ago, they way the Obama camp operated on the ground was unprecendeted, i witnessed it...

Romney is a sorry a### thats why he didnt get into the White House AGAIN...Mitt is part of that 47%..he is now a victim and lost.... he begged and lied and groveled to get into the White House and was never let in....how funny karma comes back to bite you when you mistreat people...
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES, not plane tickets. I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 4,166,613 times
Reputation: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
EVERYONE knew on the campaign, that at 7:45 the campaign was OVER.. If you need a ride home in a taxi, YOU PAY FOR IT.. Where the hell do you work that your boss pays for your rides back and forth to work?

There was no indication that people were left high and dry in other cities!!!
Then you obviously didn't read the article where it says some were left stranded in strange cities.
 
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Everywhere you want to be
2,106 posts, read 2,627,049 times
Reputation: 1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I also notice that a lot of the right wing posters who were spewing the party line on C-D here 24/7 also disappeared shortly after the election, never to be seen again. I guess the internet superpac money dried up also. Albeit, the ones that are left are our regulars and fit like a nice pair of bedroom slippers in their predictable opposition but for a while there, we had a real boiler room full of professional internet pundits who were father right than Atilla. Comments of our president like "scumbag" and "turd" were bandied about like popcorn at the movies. I can deal with and actually have an affinity with our usual loyal opposition but some of the others......not so much. I even got so hot I got banned for a while. But in the end, I'm still here and he's gone for good. At least until the next election.
Great observation!! That is true...i even heard one call the President Butt Wipe in cheif...I havent seen him around since the President was re elected.

Oh the mockery I received when I told them the President would win again...I saw it coming a mile away, but they didnt want to believe it because they held on to their right broken wing rhetoric
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top