U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 AM

21,275 posts, read 20,878,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Mia Love lost because the color of her skin.
Mia Love lost because she was a Tea Party candidate running against a popular incumbent whose views are more moderate. (She also ran an extremely nasty campaign against her opponent; that alone turned me off to her.)

Quote:
Mormons believe the Book of Mormon came directly from God. No human interpretation involved in it, unlike the Bible.
That's utter nonsense. The Book of Mormon is a religious and secular history of a group of people living on the American continent from roughly 600 B.C. until roughly 400 A.D. The book was written by human beings and was translated by a human being, acting under inspiration from God. The title page itself contains a statement pertaining to possible errors in the translation.

Quote:
The Book of Mormon states that black skin is a curse handed down from God. There you have the reason Mia Love lost.
The Book of Mormon says no such thing. There is not one word in the Book of Mormon about the Black/Negro/African race.

Quote:
Here is an LDS website today recommending that people marry those of the same race.

Aaronic Priesthood Manual 3 Lesson 31: Choosing an Eternal Companion
The LDS Church puts a strong emphasis on marriage and suggests its members choose a spouse who has a similar racial, cultural, educational and economic background -- for the simple reason that such marriages are more likely to survive. It definitely is not considered a sin to marry outside one's race.

Now, how about you put your unfounded bigotry on the shelf and get back to the topic of the OP -- which, incidentally, is the Libertarian role in Mia Love's loss and not the LDS Church's role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,693,193 times
LOL What a joke. Since when does the more conservative candidate lose in Utah? Only when they are black.

In fact the Tea Party favorite beat an incumbent GOP Senator Bob Bennett. Unseating a long time US Senator is almost unheard of it's so rare.

But I should have added Mormons are no different than Southern evangelicals and Orthodox Jews in this respect.

Here are the exact quotes from the Book of Mormon about the curse of black skin.

http://www.ldslearning.org/book-of-m...-dark-skin.htm

Thanks for the laugh Katzpur. Sounds like you are a real expert on Utah politics and Mormons.

Last edited by padcrasher; 01-04-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
LOL What a joke. Since when does the more conservative candidate lose in Utah? Only when they are black.
Then how come Matheson (the Democrat) has beat every Republican he has run against in the past? None of them were Black.

Quote:
Here are the exact quotes from the Book of Mormon about the curse of black skin.

The Curse of Dark Skin
You speak with the arrogance of limited information, padcrasher.

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh Katzpur.
You're rather easily amused, aren't you?

Quote:
Sounds like you are a real expert on Utah politics and Mormons.
Well, having been a Mormon for 64 years, as well as a native Utahn, I would say that I am.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,693,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Then how come Matheson (the Democrat) has beat every Republican he has run against in the past? None of them were Black.

You speak with the arrogance of limited information, padcrasher.
The exact quotes are in the Book of Mormon.. I linked to an LDS source.....LOL

People can read what I linked to, and see that you are lying...LOL

Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
The exact quotes are in the Book of Mormon..
Yes, they are. But they are out of context. They are not pertaining to the "Negro" race, regardless of what you may believe.

Quote:
I linked to an LDS source.....LOL
I am an LDS source.

Quote:
People can read what I linked to, and see that you are lying...LOL
I'm not lying. If you don't want to believe me, that's fine with me. If we were on the Christianity forum, I might be inclined to explore the subject deeper, but we're not. All I'm going to say is that there was, for many years, a policy in the LDS Church which prohibited Black men from holding the priesthood. It was a discriminatory policy and it's truly unfortunate that it existed for as long as it did. The policy, however, was not based on anything in the Book of Mormon.

(Sometimes it's best to just admit that you were wrong, padcrasher. This might be one of those times. And if you can't bring yourself to do that, a good second option would be to just quietly slink away.)

Last edited by Katzpur; 01-04-2013 at 09:39 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,580,843 times
I am so sick and tired of black, white, Hispanic, Catholic, Mormon, Muslim, Jew, atheist, on and on and on, it makes me want to scream! Why can't people just be NICE and mind their own business and be HONEST? I honest to God don't CARE if you are any or all of the above if you are a decent person. I thought it was BS what was done to Herman Cain ..... he was my guy for 2012. Now look at General Petraeus and because of Benghazi, our head spook disappears and nothing else is said. It's all smoke and mirrors controlled by the NWO and the NWO doesn't want smart, black, female patriots to have any power. Period.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I am so sick and tired of black, white, Hispanic, Catholic, Mormon, Muslim, Jew, atheist, on and on and on, it makes me want to scream!
I couldn't agree more!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM

69,306 posts, read 79,490,574 times
Quote:
I am so sick and tired of black, white, Hispanic, Catholic, Mormon, Muslim, Jew, atheist, on and on and on, it makes me want to scream! Why can't people just be NICE and mind their own business and be HONEST? I honest to God don't CARE if you are any or all of the above if you are a decent person. I thought it was BS what was done to Herman Cain ..... he was my guy for 2012. Now look at General Petraeus and because of Benghazi, our head spook disappears and nothing else is said. It's all smoke and mirrors controlled by the NWO and the NWO doesn't want smart, black, female patriots to have any power. Period.
because libs and the media think this shows the GOP as bigots. By making a deal out of every single group they appear to be the bigots...This mornings paper, which actually is on the conservative side had a story: headlines: first lesbian congresswoman sworn in.. What difference does this make? I was under the impression we are all equal in the eyes of God or if you don't believe in God, we are just equal period..

Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM

11,357 posts, read 8,881,805 times
Quote:
The GOP did Herman Cain in... and his insane Libya interview didn't help... and what the hell is a head spook? What power would Mia have that would make the NWO so scared?

I'm sick of people like you claiming not to care... but as soon as your guy or girl loses it's a conspiracy.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 PM

11,357 posts, read 8,881,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
because libs and the media think this shows the GOP as bigots. By making a deal out of every single group they appear to be the bigots...This mornings paper, which actually is on the conservative side had a story: headlines: first lesbian congresswoman sworn in.. What difference does this make? I was under the impression we are all equal in the eyes of God or if you don't believe in God, we are just equal period..
she is the first lesbian.. that's the difference. Now if they say the 25th lesbian is sworn in then I agree, it's overkill but it's the first. First of anything will usually make the headlines.

Is it really bigoted to see a black female lose in Utah to an incumbent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or