U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,582,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Answer the question. I've asked it 3 times in this thread. What's so fascinating about this one race?
Let's see. She lost to a Democrat, so according to Democrats, that's because she was black in a Mormon state, despite the fact that she is an African-American Mormon. I would have demanded a recount, if I were her.

GOP Rising Star Mia Love Loses Tight Congressional Race in Election Day Shocker | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM

18,794 posts, read 13,597,202 times
There were several reasons why I liked Mia Love. I saw her interviewed by Glenn Reynolds, and he asked her who her favorite economist was. Her unlikely response was Bastiat. If you're a libertarian-oriented free-market believer like me that's like the ultimate sweet nothing in your ear.

Then she is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter. Last but not least she is even a runner, which happens to be my #1 hobby. (I looked up her times on athlinks, though and she's pretty slow. Can't have everything, lol).

If you're a libertarian-oriented, tea-party-oriented republican like me, she just strikes a lot of chords. So often the local GOP honchos--mayors, council-members, etc. tend to be RINO's. For someone not in the republitarian camp, it is perhaps not surpising that her appeal would elude.

Mia Love - Give Back - YouTube

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM

1,033 posts, read 1,351,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
How dare a politician represent himself in an honest and straightforward manner.

Check out how Ron Paul was treated by Morton Downey, Jr. BTW Downey, Jr. was diagnosed with cancer and became an anti-smoking advocate before passing away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxDrfs4GtM
That guy was an ass. Glad to hear he's no longer around. ✌😬

Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,655,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Let's see. She lost to a Democrat, so according to Democrats, that's because she was black in a Mormon state, despite the fact that she is an African-American Mormon. I would have demanded a recount, if I were her.

GOP Rising Star Mia Love Loses Tight Congressional Race in Election Day Shocker | TheBlaze.com
So what. Lots of people lost tight races. Does she have a God given right to that seat? Why not take up the cause of every loser of a tight congressional election?

Are we as a nation gonna get in the business of recounting EVERY tight race, or only the ones that black conservatives lose?

Hey, it was a good year for Dems. Beez dat way sometimes!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM

11,360 posts, read 8,888,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Yeah, the GOP/MSM and NWO did Herman Cain in. You never heard of CIA agents being referred to as "spooks"? Seriously? I guess you must be under 30 or have lived in a box.

Black Conservatives shaking off the shackles of Democrat enslavement, scares the NWO out of it panties. Can't let those Negroes get all uppity about freedom, you know!
Never heard the CIA called that...

Not sure how Cain strikes fear in the NWO... If they exist.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Never heard the CIA called that...

Not sure how Cain strikes fear in the NWO... If they exist.
etymology - Why are spies called "spooks"? - English Language and Usage

Urban Dictionary: CIA Spooks

Spies and Spooks: The (Mis)Adventures of the CIA - Photo Essays - TIME

and my, isn't this a rather prophetic blog:

SpookdBlog: CIA vs Petraeus

Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what. Lots of people lost tight races. Does she have a God given right to that seat? Why not take up the cause of every loser of a tight congressional election?

Are we as a nation gonna get in the business of recounting EVERY tight race, or only the ones that black conservatives lose?

Hey, it was a good year for Dems. Beez dat way sometimes!
Well, God knows we can't have a recount in Democrat districts where a black wins and a white Republican doesn't get a SINGLE vote

Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM

13,180 posts, read 12,698,329 times
Had Love had anywhere near the level of support the other white Mormons GOP candidates had in Utah she would have crushed the Democrat even with the Libertarian 3rd party candidate in the race. She did everything right as far as appealing to right wingers in Utah. Her only problem was she couldn't change the color of her skin. Mormons will never admit this but it's true.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Had Love had anywhere near the level of support the other white Mormons GOP candidates had in Utah she would have crushed the Democrat even with the Libertarian 3rd party candidate in the race. She did everything right as far as appealing to right wingers in Utah. Her only problem was she couldn't change the color of her skin. Mormons will never admit this but it's true.
Love IS A MORMON! Good grief, it clearly was the Libertarians that cost her the seat, and I lean Libertarian!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM

18,794 posts, read 13,597,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So again, how do you account for her coming within .31% of winning given this pervasive racism? How do you account for Harry Reid, older white male Mormon who convinced Barack Obama to run for prez.

"Call them racist" is a good example of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL Mencken
that is For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or