U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Old Bellevue, WA
18,794 posts, read 13,589,390 times
Reputation: 7921

Advertisements

'Charm' is largely subjective of course, but I don't know how you can deny her intelligence. She was a columnist at the Seattle TImes in her 20's and even the local lib media called her 'wunderkind.' It's not that often a 20-something gets a gig as an op-ed columnist for a major paper. She was a great writer, and is one of the rare people who is equally gifted with the written & spoken word. She had wide ranging interests--everything from investigative pieces about a local bar owner who was being screwed over by Seattle police, to commentary on fairly esoteric econ stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,358 posts, read 8,883,780 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
to me Mia in politics is like Michele Malkin in the broadcast world..She is charming, intelligent, young, conservative and yes, black..I wish we would see more like them...
Michelle Malkin isn't black... charming or intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 AM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,581,214 times
Reputation: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Michelle Malkin isn't black... charming or intelligent.
Michelle Malkin is Asian-American, sharp as a tack, funny, poised, articulate, boldly honest and principled. Plus she has great hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,358 posts, read 8,883,780 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Michelle Malkin is Asian-American, sharp as a tack, funny, poised, articulate, boldly honest and principled. Plus she has great hair.
She's a cute girl who whines too much and she would deport her whole family if it would get her a full time TV gig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM
 
Location: On the border of off the grid
3,180 posts, read 2,581,214 times
Reputation: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
She's a cute girl who whines too much and she would deport her whole family if it would get her a full time TV gig.
My, aren't you a deep thinker. Malkin calls it as she sees it and doesn't sugar-coat facts with PC lefty BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,358 posts, read 8,883,780 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
My, aren't you a deep thinker. Malkin calls it as she sees it and doesn't sugar-coat facts with PC lefty BS.
Now that's deep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,335 posts, read 79,508,905 times
Reputation: 38683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Michelle Malkin isn't black... charming or intelligent.
I stand corrected; she is Philipino (spelling)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,358 posts, read 8,883,780 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I stand corrected; she is Philipino (spelling)
She has convinced herself she isn't Filipino... she is American.

She has led a fight against "anchor babies" who were born in America by Immigrants. She feels they shouldn't get automatic citizenship.

Malkin's parents immigrated from the Philippines and she is exactly what she is fighting against.... she is an anchor baby.

She is a vile, hateful woman IMO. The self hate is obvious.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 01-03-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,335 posts, read 79,508,905 times
Reputation: 38683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
She has convinced herself she isn't Filipino... she is American.

She has led a fight against "anchor babies" who were born in America by Immigrants. She feels they shouldn't get automatic citizenship.

Malkin's parents immigrated from the Philippines and she is exactly what she is fighting against.... she is an anchor baby.

She is a vile, hateful woman IMO. The self hate is obvious.
That depends on how you look at it: if her parents csme here legally she is not an anchor baby in the true sense. She as well as many conservatives and even some liberals, have a problem with children of illegals, certainly not children who have parents here legally..We all have family that were not born in America unless we are Native Americans...

You have every right to your opinion about her, but I have a gut feeling some of what you are saying has more to do with your liberal views and your basic dislike for any conservatives, regardless of who they are.

as for what she is: she is American of Phillipino decent to be honest...Just like my son in law, is an American of Hungarian decent and my grandson in law is American of Hispanic decent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,358 posts, read 8,883,780 times
Reputation: 4963
The
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That depends on how you look at it: if her parents csme here legally she is not an anchor baby in the true sense. She as well as many conservatives and even some liberals, have a problem with children of illegals, certainly not children who have parents here legally..We all have family that were not born in America unless we are Native Americans...

You have every right to your opinion about her, but I have a gut feeling some of what you are saying has more to do with your liberal views and your basic dislike for any conservatives, regardless of who they are.

as for what she is: she is American of Phillipino decent to be honest...Just like my son in law, is an American of Hungarian decent and my grandson in law is American of Hispanic decent...
I'm very conservative when it comes to illegals. Malkin's parents were here on a work visa. Not illegal but that's some anchor baby business. Should the baby of immigrants on a work visa lead the march for changing the anchor baby law? Personally I don't think so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top