U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,584,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
She has convinced herself she isn't Filipino... she is American.

She has led a fight against "anchor babies" who were born in America by Immigrants. She feels they shouldn't get automatic citizenship.

Malkin's parents immigrated from the Philippines and she is exactly what she is fighting against.... she is an anchor baby.

She is a vile, hateful woman IMO. The self hate is obvious.
Who's the hateful one? You have a problem with legal immigrants who obtain American citizenship and their children, but no problem with our illegal alien Kenyan President?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM

11,372 posts, read 8,905,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Who's the hateful one? You have a problem with legal immigrants who obtain American citizenship and their children, but no problem with our illegal alien Kenyan President?
You lost credibility with that birther nonsense. I don't have a problem with legal immigrants... I have a problem with Malkin.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 AM

13,180 posts, read 12,708,186 times
Mia Love lost because the color of her skin. Mormons believe the Book of Mormon came directly from God. No human interpretation involved in it, unlike the Bible. The Book of Mormon states that black skin is a curse handed down from God. There you have the reason Mia Love lost. The Mormon Church didn't even allow blacks as clergy until 1978. Here are the other candidates in Utah and Dems weren't even close. Utah Overview - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Here is an LDS website today recommending that people marry those of the same race.

http://www.lds.org/manual/aaronic-pr...rnal-companion

Last edited by padcrasher; 01-04-2013 at 03:40 AM..

Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM

69,463 posts, read 79,700,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Mia Love lost because the color of her skin. Mormons believe the Book of Mormon came directly from God. No human interpretation involved in it, unlike the Bible. The Book of Mormon states that black skin is a curse handed down from God. There you have the reason Mia Love lost. The Mormon Church didn't even allow blacks as clergy until 1978. Here are the other candidates in Utah and Dems weren't even close. Utah Overview - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Here is an LDS website today recommending that people marry those of the same race.

Aaronic Priesthood Manual 3 Lesson 31: Choosing an Eternal Companion
I believe you are only partially right: yes, the church did not recognize blacks for years. In fact that is one reason I hated BYU and their sports programs.. I didn't care who beat them..I was pissed, they couldn't accept blacks as equals but sure didn't mind having them play for the school...Now, did her color hurt her? I really don't think so, it may have costed her a few votes, but not enough to swing the election...Just because a website says something does not mean its' members and viewers agree. I have said this about the Republican platform for years...

Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM

11,372 posts, read 8,905,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I believe you are only partially right: yes, the church did not recognize blacks for years. In fact that is one reason I hated BYU and their sports programs.. I didn't care who beat them..I was pissed, they couldn't accept blacks as equals but sure didn't mind having them play for the school...Now, did her color hurt her? I really don't think so, it may have costed her a few votes, but not enough to swing the election...Just because a website says something does not mean its' members and viewers agree. I have said this about the Republican platform for years...
She is black and a female...

It probably hurt her with older voters...

Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:

What constitutes an "older voter", in your mind?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 AM

69,463 posts, read 79,700,409 times
Quote:

I do not know of a single "older" voter that would not vote for a conservative, regardless of her age or sex. Do you have any idea what group was supporting Cain? Every person I know, over 60 that are Republican supported him or at least would have voted for him, if he got the nomination...The few Republicans I know who are younger, mostly from our chruch and our kids and grandkids were more inclined to support others...Perry was their first chioce early in the campaign, with Romney being next...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,617,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Aaronic Priesthood Manual 3 Lesson 31: Choosing an Eternal Companion
Then the obvious question becomes--how did she get so close? Remember she lost by only 768 votes, a .31 pct margin. Obviously there are quite a few non-racist Mormons out there now. Most progressives believed that blacks were genetically inferior until at least 1920 or so. But over time they largely changed their minds.

If I'm not mistaken Mormonism is one of the fastest growing religions world-wide, and probably the leadership at some point had a lightbulb go on, and noticed that most of the world is non-white.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,617,764 times
BTW, it was Sen. Harry Reid, an older Mormon male, who talked then-Sen Barack Obama into running for US prez. How would you account for that?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
BTW, it was Sen. Harry Reid, an older Mormon male, who talked then-Sen Barack Obama into running for US prez. How would you account for that?
Liberal brain - DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or