U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,414 posts, read 18,325,371 times
Reputation: 18594

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?

Right, because Republican leaning Utah did not want to be represented by Mia Love. Race trumped political affiliation to the voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,190,314 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I don't hate her because she's a black, female Mormon Republican. I just disagree with her politics...and I have to say, a BLACK MORMON FEMALE REPUBLICAN?
Great!

But false accusations of racism are what many conservatives on this forum have to put up without - because too many liberals are incapable of being honest and engaging in legitamate debate of the issues.

Why is it accepted when those on one political side state truthfully that they are voting based on issues, but dismissed when another side does the same thing>

Answer? : liberal hypocrisy.

Democrats divide.

Republicans don't care about demographics - they welcome all people who value liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
 
6,343 posts, read 8,502,714 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Great!

But false accusations of false racism are what many conservatives on this forum have to put up without - because too many liberals are incapable of being honest and engaging in legitamate debate of the issues.

Why is it accepted when those on one political side state truthfully that they are voting based on issues, but dismissed when another side does the same thing>

Answer? : liberal hypocrisy.

Democrats divide.

Republicans don't care about demogrpahics - they welcome all people who value liberty.


TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,031,814 times
Reputation: 9036
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I don't hate her because she's a black, female Mormon Republican. I just disagree with her politics...
Like I said........see how stupid it sounds? And let me tell you, no matter how many times you say you merely disagree with her politics, a hoard of people will jump all over you and tell you what a racist, misygonist, bigot you are.

Believe me, it gets old very quickly. You're probably already tired of it. We've had to listen to being called racist, women hating bigots for 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,190,314 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Right, because Republican leaning Utah did not want to be represented by Mia Love. Race trumped political affiliation to the voters.
Umm - Mia Love is a Republican.

If the state is as "Republican leaning" as you claim - then she should have won handily.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe her district leans more Democrat - and that is why she lost?

Or do you see everything through the prism of skin color?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,750 posts, read 14,857,830 times
Reputation: 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Umm - Mia Love is a Republican.

If the state is as "Republican leaning" as you claim - then she should have won handily.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe her district leans more Democrat - and that is why she lost?

Or do you see everything through the prism of skin color?
The state is Republican as is the district. The district is not as staunchly Republican as the rest of the state, however it still is a Republican district. In fact the GOP gerrymandered it to make it a bit more Republican in order to try and knock off Matheison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Texas
7,848 posts, read 5,475,272 times
Reputation: 6443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Umm - Mia Love is a Republican.

If the state is as "Republican leaning" as you claim - then she should have won handily.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe her district leans more Democrat - and that is why she lost?

Or do you see everything through the prism of skin color?
Shouldn't you be blaming black and white republicans in your state and not black and white Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:50 PM
 
10,115 posts, read 6,744,297 times
Reputation: 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True - but you would never think so by the way many liberals paint those who don't vote for President Obama, for instance.

What you are sayingis that Mia Love lost because people didn't agree with her political ideology - not because of the color of her skin.

What a concept!
Yes. Mia love lost because of her political ideology, or because of the way voters thought she would lead. Were Democrats accusing her of being a Muslim? Were they saying that she's too lazy to do the job? Were they saying that she cheated to get into college with absolutely nothing to back it up? No.

Along the same lines, Obama won because of his ideology and leadership, and not just because he's black.

People who didn't vote for the President don't get called racists if they did so because they disagree with his policy objectives. The racist part comes in when you attack him for nutty, racist reasons--the bat poop crazy Kenyan/Muslim/Communist/Black Liberation Theology/Terrorist/Cheated to get into Harvard/too lazy to do the job yadda yadda yadda birther nut conspiracy stuff. It's alive and well on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,294 posts, read 20,946,234 times
Reputation: 9989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Since I don't live in her state and really know nothing about her opponent, and precious little about her, I'll just say she lost because the democrats who voted in the other guy are a bunch of leftwing nutjob racists. That's why the democrats hate her. She's black. And of course she's a woman so they have declared war against women. Black women.

See how stupid that sounds? That's what we've had to listen to for 4 years.

Oh, and don't forget the Mormon thing.

A black, female Mormon. Democrats are all just a bunch of racist, misogynist bigots. Every one of them. They truly hate black female Mormons.
Dale, since you don't live in her state and I do, perhaps I can shed some light on the issue. Utah, as you know, is one of the most conservative states in the country, if not the most conservative, so, Mia Love would have had that going for her from the outset. Her opponent was incumbent, Scott Matheson, a moderate Democrat who frequently sides with Republicans on issues that he believes his constituents feel strongly about. He's done a great job for Utah. I couldn't have voted for either of them since I'm not in that district, but I would have voted for Matheson had I been given the opportunity. I was really watching Mia, though, and I've got to say that she waged a pretty dirty campaign. I was not impressed by it. So you see, in this particular case, it really wasn't a matter of Democrats being a bunch of racist, misogynist bigots. In this case, the Republican vote as well as the Democratic vote went to Matheson, and with good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
 
19,728 posts, read 8,020,733 times
Reputation: 6566
[quote=Harrier;26887435]Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?[/Q


Which black candidates are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top