Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?
Funny, the Republicans in Utah voted for Romney, yet they didn't vote for Mia in the same numbers. Perhaps they are the racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Shouldn't you be blaming black and white republicans in your state and not black and white Democrats?
Why?

FYI - I blame Democrats - period.

Skin color is meaningless to me.

Why Democrat's make such an issue of it is a mystery.

Maybe they are just made because Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Funny, the Republicans in Utah voted for Romney, yet they didn't vote for Mia in the same numbers. Perhaps they are the racist.
Ummm - Mia Love was running for a congressional district seat - you do realize that such elections involve only a few hundred thousand people at most - not an entire state, don't you?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?
This is one of the most asinine posts I've read on this forum, and I've been around here for a long time. Mia Llove is a Republican. If anyone could be suspected of not voting for her because of her race, it would be Republican voters.

Keep up the stupidity though. It's working out quite well in favor of Democrats, as evidenced this past Tuesday night.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Why?

FYI - I blame Democrats - period.

Skin color is meaningless to me.

Why Democrat's make such an issue of it is a mystery.
Oh, that's just brilliant. You say Democrats are making an issue of skin color, yet you're the one who started this ridiculous thread.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is one of the most asinine posts I've read on this forum, and I've been around here for a long time. Mia Llove is a Republican. If anyone could be suspected of not voting for her because of her race, it would be Republican voters.
Uhh... Republicans voters in that district voted for her because she is a Republican - and Matheson was elected by Democrats.

Is that too hard for you to comprehend?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Uhh... Republicans voters in that district voted for her because she is a Republican - and Matheson was elected by Democrats.

Then you should be blaming independents, shouldn't you? Why would Democrats vote for a Republican?!

Can you possibly accept that maybe the majority just didn't agree with her positions? Or must you turn it into something about race every time things don't go your way?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, that's just brilliant. You say Democrats are making an issue of skin color, yet you're the one who started this ridiculous thread.
The point of this thread is to point out the absurdity and hypocrisy of Democrats who play the race card.

I have made it abundantly clear throughout this thread that Mia Love's defeat was due to political ideology and not race.

I call on certain liberals and Democrats on this forum to adopt the same attitude - and to stop viewing everything through the prism of skin color.

A colorblind society is a good thing.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:

Considering the district has many more Republicans than Democrats, it took considerably more than just Democrats to re-elect Matheson.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Then you should be blaming independents, shouldn't you? Why would Democrats vote for a Republican?!
I voted for a Democrat in the recent election(it was for a "non-partisan" office). She is a black woman - and was better than the white male Republican who was running against her.

Maybe you aren't as attuned to the thinking process of independents as you claim. Most independents generally support one or the other of the two political ideologies - but they vote situationally, based on known data and current circumstances.

I also voted for a Democrat back in 1998 for a statewide office here in California. I did so beause she was the better candidate. You should get over the whole "one party won't for the other" thing.

It doesn't always hold water.

Oh yes - as a Republican - I have voted for at least ten - and maybe more - women for particular offices in my 17 year voting career.

I really must "hate" women - and be "at war" with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections