U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 AM

18,742 posts, read 14,857,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have made it clear that this thread is about demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

Liberal hypocrisy is my target here - not the racial motivations of certain liberals on this forum.
However, you are simply making things up. First of all liberals on here have not said someone not voting for Obama did so because of race. What some have said, some of the criticisms or complaints Obama are raced based, much of the birther stuff for example.

Not to mention you may have made a point the other way without even realizing it, considering this seat will likely be the Congressional seat that went to Romney by the largest margin that is held by a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:35 AM

47,314 posts, read 24,718,511 times
Quote:
Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?
Wait a minute...I just thought about something....

This Mia Love person is the same lady all you right wingers were lauding just a few months ago on C-D? Making threads about how wonderful she is and all that? A great example of a new breed of black Republicans. I saw the thread on the P&C forum.

But now that you guys didn't vote her in, you've got sour grapes against liberals because she's black? Lol...this is rich. Gotta love it.

She can't win in a state as red as Utah in a year that Romney overwhelmingly WON Utah?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 AM

2,548 posts, read 1,802,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wait a minute...I just thought about something....

This Mia Love person is the same lady all you right wingers were lauding just a few months ago on C-D? Making threads about how wonderful she is and all that? A great example of a new breed of black Republicans. I saw the thread on the P&C forum.

But now that you guys didn't vote her in, you've got sour grapes against liberals because she's black? Lol...this is rich. Gotta love it.

She can't win in a state as red as Utah in a year that Romney overwhelmingly WON Utah?
Romney won every county in Utah Mia's district included Utah county, which voted 88% for Romney

Old 11-10-2012, 12:54 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,190,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well those constiuents told Mia Love to basically "kick rocks". They did not care to have Mia Love represent them in the nation's capitol.

Those people in Utah voted an entire straight Republican ticket with the exception of that one specific individual who doesn't look like the others. So Mia Love can do all of the converting to Mormonism and marrying of Mormons and having Mormon babies that she wants to....they don't think that she is one of them....and they let their votes inform Mia Love of that fact as well.
Are you admitting that Democrats subscribe to stereotypes?

How intolerant of them.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,669,236 times
Quote:
Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

A black republican is still a republican, and she should be voted down.
Besides the repub party is a haven for the racist right. Not hard to figure out.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Besides the repub party is a haven for the racist right. Not hard to figure out.
What party is the home for the racist left - whom are always the first ones to mention race?

Answer: the Democrat Party.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 AM

2,548 posts, read 1,802,725 times
Quote:
What party is the home for the racist left - whom are always the first ones to mention race?

Actually it's the Democratic Party, and you brought up her race before any of us

Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,652,854 times
Quote:

Still upset that your boy, the rich, conservative, white man Romney lost the Presidential election by a landslide now doubt...so you now resort to nitpicking about other issues?

Man you Conservatives (or Republicans or whatever you consider yourself...who knows with you) sure love to harp on the smallest of details.

Mia Love lost because the people who voted didn't like her policies are her track record. Period. No race card, no religion card, no foul play, no H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y at work here.

Another one of your ilk, Harrier, lost an election and you're too immature to admit defeat. I mean I can see why...after the absolute beating you Republicans and Right Wingers took on Tuesday.

You have my condolences. Take a tissue while you're at it, sparky.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,652,854 times
Quote:

There is no "Democrat" party. Democratic Party, maybe, but certainly no "Democrat" party.

The people WITHIN the DEMOCRATIC Party are referred to as "Democrats", sparky.

I suggest you consult Wikipedia and Google next time, sparky. You'll appear to be more intelligent...though not by much.

And you're supposed to be a future lawyer? HA!

Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
However, you are simply making things up. First of all liberals on here have not said someone not voting for Obama did so because of race. .
Clearly, you have not been paying much attention to this forum - or else you just parrot the liberal defense, which is meaningless - because it doesn't jive with reality: Democrats and liberals are obsessed with skin color.

WTH(eck)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or