U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,292,737 times
Reputation: 6128

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Conservatives voted for a Democratic candidate over her because they disagreed with her politically??
Nope, Democrats voted for Matheson because they didn't like the Republican candidate - for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,666,578 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The fact that you are so sensitive about what your party is called clearly demonstrates that you can't handle the political forum.

Don't you call yourself an "independent'?

Thank you for identifying yourself a a Democrat - like I never knew the truth!
I never once claimed to be a Democrat. If I did, would you please find the exact post number and quote me saying as such?

I've said time and time again that I am an Independent/Moderate (or Centrist). Nice try though, sparky.

There's being sensitive about a subject (something that's touchy and whatnot) then there's correcting ignorance (or a common typo mistake).

The fact that you're so sensitive that you have to attempt to use your Harrier Deflection Technique is touching...but it'll never work again.

I was correcting you on how to properly address the DEMOCRATIC Party because we do NOT have a Democrat Party. I mean...do we have a Repub Party? I didn't think so, sparky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,805 posts, read 14,928,176 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope, Democrats voted for Matheson because they didn't like the Republican candidate - for whatever reason.
The ideological and partisan makeup of the district make it impossible for Matheson to win without getting a MUCH larger share of the conservative and Republican vote than Democrats typically get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,666,578 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't. I do not hate anyone and when I speak - I speak the truth.
Yeah it's not hate or ignorance because whatever you say is the truth, right?

Get over yourself.

Quote:
Your perception of what say is a byproduct of a psychogical schema - and no fault of mine.
Or you can try to be less of a bigot and use that brain of yours to flex your intelligence, Mr.Future Lawyer.

Quote:
I hope that you learn to be analytical, critical, and discerning.
And you're supposed to be a future lawyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,292,737 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If what you speak is the truth, I'd rather hear lies.
That is what the information on which that liberals tend to vote - LIES.

Sorry - I can't commend you - or any other liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,292,737 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The ideological and partisan makeup of the district make it impossible for Matheson to win without getting a MUCH larger share of the conservative and Republican vote than Democrats typically get.
OH YES! - you would "know" this by living in S. FARMINGDALE, NEW YORK(ON LONG ISLAND)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:51 AM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,810,833 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope, Democrats voted for Matheson because they didn't like the Republican candidate - for whatever reason.
Aside from the obvious, Democrats didn't like the Republican candidate because she was Republican, the same exact voters who rejected Mia voted for Romney in overwhelming numbers. Republican Romney received 88% in her county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,405,748 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I thought that was the point of all of your threads??
Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 AM
 
2,548 posts, read 1,810,833 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Good one!
I find it amazing the someone cannot understand the reasons why Democrats vote for Democratic candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,405,748 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I find it amazing the someone cannot understand the reasons why Democrats vote for Democratic candidates.
But where's the fun in that when you can start a pointless thread like this one instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top