Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Exactly. It's the consumer who will pay the bill.
Don't tell the dems, though. It's too difficult to understand and will confuse them.
And then when their rates "necessarily skyrocket" they will be placing the blame on companies like Murray energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
I'll admit, i like clean energy. I love seeing the windmills producing energy and would put my own up if i had the 10k to do it. Ive talked to people with them and they love it. Literally no electeic bill from the ones i have personally talked to. With so much open land, we could put many windmill farms up. Indiana has 2 that i know of.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:12 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The mercury deposition rates in the US under these new rules will result in a 1% to 10% reduction and according to EPA estimates increase the average IQ 2/1000 of one point.
Well gee, I guess that makes it OK to go on polluting the air and poisoning the food people eat, huh?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

...and here we have it folks...the face of integrity, generosity and patriotism.
I love these wealthy company owners who would rather quit making money than compromise their principles.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Well gee, I guess that makes it OK to go on polluting the air and poisoning the food people eat, huh?
We need practical and sane environmental regulations and reductions of 1% to 10% that will raise IQ's 2/1000 of one point is nether practical or sane. You need to accept that if you want to live in modern society with all the conveniences a modern society offers there is going to be environmental issues. If you don't want to accept that we can always go live in a cave....

I'm going to add one last point here. Mercury is a global issue and these regulations will increase the cost of doing business here driving in more business overseas to China. You could in fact see more mercury in the environment.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I am real.

As a small business owner myself, I know that usually the first or second line of defense to protect my profit margin would be to cut down expenses by laying off employees.

What Murray did was based on pure speculation on the outcome of Obama being re-elected. Not to mention that the coal industry have had decades to do something about the declining demand of coal as energy.

After reading your reply to me, it is obvious that you didn't even bother reading the article.
You didnt say that he was protecting profit margins, nor that it was a response to the decline of the demand of coal.

Nice to see that you now acknowledge your OP, which was that he was trying to prove a point, was crap..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Shut your computer off and stop contributing to polluting of the air and poisoning peoples food.

Seriously, how old are you?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The cheaper natural gas is one reason but effective in March will be the new CO caps which effectively will prevent any new coal plant from being built.
Oh the horrors of it all. No more of this?

Mountaintop Removal Mining - High Resolution Photos

Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Oh the horrors of it all. No more of this?

Mountaintop Removal Mining - High Resolution Photos
Yeah, now we just jump poison into the earth in order to push gas out of it.. Thats so much better.. NOT...

Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Think of Murray's decision-making timeline here. Had Romney won the election, he would have gotten to appoint a new EPA team, sure. He would have also, most likely, had to contend with a Democratic Senate with no particular fear of the coal industry. (I'm excepting Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, who's up in 2014 and is probably already appearing on NRSC/AFP/coal money maps.) There was no need for him to sack these people so quickly. There was no guarantee that he'd be dramatically more profitable in, say, March 2013. But he fired them, because he's basically amoral.

I hope there aren't too many Murrays out there. Most of the CEOs who threatened to fire employees if the center-left party won the election have welshed on that promise. It turned out that all their threats and all their spending couldn't win Virginia, Pennsylvania, or Ohio for the Republicans. This is a position that you dread in politics -- total irrelevance, a future in which one of the political parties can blow you off and stiff your interests. Murray's not handling it well.

Robert Murray is History's Greatest Monster
Every single person who voted for Obama deserves to be unemployed for the rest of their life b/c they voted to destroy the Economy. It's a shame that most Obama supporters that have jobs won't lose them, but all Obama supporters who lose their jobs deserve it and should never be offered employment again. Those who voted for Obama (knowingly or not) voted for economic ruin and deserve to suffer the consequences just like those in California who voted in a (D) supermajority and keep reelecting left-wing (D) by ever-growing margins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections