U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM

8,842 posts, read 9,657,930 times

Advertisements

I don't think the GOP is really in need of any drastic changes as some might think. They have been running poor tickets. they couldn't have beat Obama the first time because the economy demanded a change in direction. They would have had a tough time beating Obama this time because despite the fact their voters were fooled into thinking the economy was not stabilizing, it was.

The Obama candidacy threw them for a loop because they thought they needed to find "symbolic" candidates like Obama to run against him. They didn't need a symbolic candidate the Dems did. They have external problems that liberals can make easy targets of, like Rush, Fox news, the Tea Party, Evangelicals, and Wall Street. They let all these agents vilify Americans on their behalf. They have to publicly give the cold shoulder to some of these agents the same way that the Obama campaign did with Rev Wright and Jessie Jackson.
The need to get out in front of the Affordable Care Act, a jobs bill and higher taxes for the rich so by mid term elections they can take some credit for the improving economy and not lose any seats.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 11-10-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,585,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
We need to have a sit down with the Tea Party on who the hell they are choosing to run in these races. Some idiot gets up says a couple of the right things and BINGO we have a candidate.

Next thing you know they are talking about witchcraft and women being able to biologically shut down "legitimate rape" pregnancies.
Well now, that depends on if you are a good witch or a bad witch.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM

I think every member of the GOP should change their registration to Democrat or simply roll over and give the Party of Gimme everything they want. Either that, or simply vote PRESENT. Yup, they are STILL complaining about Republicans saying NO so give them EVERYTHING they want. Wash our hands of our Federal Republic and hand it over. Done. All in your hands now. I give up. Might as well just give us back to the Queen. Oh, forget that, she's white!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
They have to publicly give the cold shoulder to some of these agents the same way that the Obama campaign did with Rev Wright and Jessie Jackson.
Shall we tattoo a big Scarlett Letter on General Betrayus' forehead too? But BJ Bill is a hero. And Anthony Weiner, well ..........I can't STAND the hypocrisy of the Left anymore, can't STAND it, I tell you. Where IS Hilarious Klintonista, anyway?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM

10,401 posts, read 8,376,304 times
The leftards are doing well....why change anything?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 AM

18,195 posts, read 16,701,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They do that, they lose the base. They lose the base, they lose the elections. They won't beat democrats by acting like democrats. They have to lose the racist label but stick to the conservative values, both fiscal and social. There's enough people who would rather be back in 1952 than you might imagine there are. And they are not just whites.
God forbid they lose their base since it worked out so well for them this time.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Shall we tattoo a big Scarlett Letter on General Betrayus' forehead too? But BJ Bill is a hero. And Anthony Weiner, well ..........I can't STAND the hypocrisy of the Left anymore, can't STAND it, I tell you. Where IS Hilarious Klintonista, anyway?
no they should become (or go back to being) a political party and not a social movement.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,377,414 times
I'm sharing this from a poster named Mike from yahoo. Pretty damned accurate from my perspective.

"I'm an Independent, and I think I know why a lot of us voted for Obama. Let me explain, one more time, and maybe some of you Republicans will finally get it...

Bush, after eight years, left this country in WORSE SHAPE than any president anyone alive can remember. We were on the brink of a total, worldwide economic collapse and major depression. We were SO desperate, we actually voted in an unqualified, inexperienced, BLACK guy... for PRESIDENT! You know what? Before we would allow another Republican to cause more trouble and potential ruin... we voted for him... AGAIN! Even though he was somewhat of a disappointment, things are slowly getting better.

We also did not forget the GOP's publicly stated main goal at the beginning, and throughout President Obama's first term: to do everything and anything to make him a one term President. The Republicans in Congress then REFUSED to compromise, on ANYTHING, not even letting the temporary Bush tax breaks for the wealthy expire, which the vast majority of Americans wanted, (and still do). The goal to make Obama a one term President, at ANY and ALL costs, severely damaged the GOP's credibility, honor, and trustworthiness with most Americans, and me. It was a childish, ugly, stupid agenda, which most people believe hurt America. Well, it backfired, and will be remembered as a mistake that will haunt the GOP for a long time.

UNDENIABLE FACTS: The Bush Administration got us into two unfunded wars. One with Iraq based on, (I'll be kind here), faulty intelligence, and a lame, noneffective war in Afghanistan, which didn't accomplish anything during Bush's watch, except cost money. Republican policies, such as, "trickle down economics", (more like trickled-on), never worked, and still don't. Deregulating our banking system, (something the wealthy wanted, and got), was and still is a disaster. Even Greenspan publicly admitted it was a mistake. The Democrats are also to blame for this, but it was Bush's Treasury Secretary, Paulson, who got on television looking like a scared deer in the headlights, telling us the entire world economy was in immediate danger of a total collapse. To top it all off, the 1-percent, the obscenely wealthy, continue to keep getting a bigger and BIGGER percentage of the nations entire wealth, mainly due to Republican economic and tax policies.

The above reasons are why I voted FOR President Obama, and I'm sure I'm not the only Independent voter who felt this way. I could write another, entire, lengthy post on why I voted AGAINST Governor Romney, but there is no need to.

If fiscal conservatives, who rightly believe in limited government, could somehow get the anti-women, anti-science religious radicals, the Tea Party, Norquist puppets, and the racist element out of the GOP, they might actually survive. Oh wait... that pretty much IS the Republican Party these days now, isn't it?"

Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 AM

The GOP needs to have domestic policy apart from what evangelicals, business and banking thinks is domestic policy.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,812,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I think every member of the GOP should change their registration to Democrat or simply roll over and give the Party of Gimme everything they want. Either that, or simply vote PRESENT. Yup, they are STILL complaining about Republicans saying NO so give them EVERYTHING they want. Wash our hands of our Federal Republic and hand it over. Done. All in your hands now. I give up. Might as well just give us back to the Queen. Oh, forget that, she's white!
^^this is why Romney lost.

It's like Augusta National had a membership drive and they just can't understand why no women or minorities showed up.
Hint: You can't blame it on the other guy giving away better freebies in the gift bag.

The problem is that they DON'T FEEL WELCOME IN THE GOP PARTY.

Keep demonizing everyone as foreigners, leeches, sluts, godless, unpatriotic, baby killers, blah blah blah...that plan will continue to lose elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or