U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 AM

4,176 posts, read 5,303,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I would really like Boehner to come out and say, "We've spent the last 2 years trying to save this country from fiscal ruin. The people reelected Barack Obama, so we are not going to oppose his fiscal plans. We will allow him to raise taxes, impose regulations, etc. We do not agree with this plan, but the American people have voted for him twice, so we will give Americans what they wanted. We want to go on record now that we do think this plan is bad for America and the American people, and that has been said by multiple economists. But the American people have spoken, so we will not stand in the way."

And then let the people suffer for what they have done. We can live for years on our savings and investments. It won't hurt my family nearly as much. The people who will suffer the most are the people who voted for Obama in the the largest numbers- blacks, Hispanics, the young, and the poor. Sometimes you have to go through some pain to learn a lesson. I'm think this should be the time.
Thank you! I forgot who it was, but someone actually suggested that the GOP just vote present the next 2-4 years, so that it's harder for Barry and the mainstream media to blame GWB and the GOP congress for the country's demise (though they'll continue to do it).

Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Quote:
And then let the people suffer for what they have done. We can live for years on our savings and investments. It won't hurt my family nearly as much. The people who will suffer the most are the people who voted for Obama in the the largest numbers- blacks, Hispanics, the young, and the poor. Sometimes you have to go through some pain to learn a lesson. I'm think this should be the time.

Hey....easy there. I am young (I think?) and POOR...and I did not vote for that clown ... I don't want to suffer more than what I already have. Five years ago I had a good income and money left in the bank..Now I live paycheck to paycheck.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Here's our situation. This is Leftist Utopia. And they tried to tell us Romney's numbers didn't add up?

Thank you Obama voters! I hope you enjoy the misery that you will now be part of! It doesn't get any better than this. Hope they enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Articles: It's Your Move, Mr. President
actually, i saw worse statistics-where there isn't even 8 cents for discretionary spending anymore.

time for the kids to grow up.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 AM

69,297 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
I would really like Boehner to come out and say, "We've spent the last 2 years trying to save this country from fiscal ruin. The people reelected Barack Obama, so we are not going to oppose his fiscal plans. We will allow him to raise taxes, impose regulations, etc. We do not agree with this plan, but the American people have voted for him twice, so we will give Americans what they wanted. We want to go on record now that we do think this plan is bad for America and the American people, and that has been said by multiple economists. But the American people have spoken, so we will not stand in the way."

and with all their glotting, they may want to step back and 1-look at 2010; 2-look how close the election really was (popular vote) look at some individual states and the R versus D governors; be honest and realize how many blacks voted the last 2 Pres elections that would not have voted if he had not been black. Pul all this together and as sad as I am about the outcome, it was not a mandate against the Rep party or conservatives.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:48 AM

69,297 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
How long are the people that didnt want Obama to win going to cry and complain? Get over it Obama won....4 more years is a long time to cry and be bitter......gezzz
who is crying? Most are saying, yes, lets work together or let's hope Obama keeps his word, though he rarely does...It is the GOP haters here, who won't let the subject of the defeat and the dimise of the GOPs go away.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
i wasn't planning to run for office.....Do you think I should?
To think that all those animal carcasses you are wearing had to give up their life so you could play dress-up. How pathetic.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM

19,122 posts, read 21,371,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Are you some kind of Ted Kaczynski wannabe?

If you want to know a big reason the Republicans lost the election, look in the mirror. This is the kind of talk that makes normal, sane voters think "God, I never want anyone with these kind of views or anyone they support anywhere near the seat of power." Then they go vote for the other guy.
You come from Id? Ok if you say so. Have fun eating otherwise useless paper dollars.. And it will probably be of use to learn so many chinese dialects as you can.

We are simply doomed to either 4 more years of wasteful spending, or worse a possible impeachment of the office of president which could end in the first 'Unprecedented' ( oh don't he love his big word) Trial for TREASON!

What is it that makes you feel sane? The skill sets and ability to go shopping?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM

27,259 posts, read 15,040,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who is crying? Most are saying, yes, lets work together or let's hope Obama keeps his word, though he rarely does...It is the GOP haters here, who won't let the subject of the defeat and the dimise of the GOPs go away.
Really? I sure am not seeing that here on CD - with the exception of a few, more moderate Republicans.

In real life - yes.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Mac may be republican..........who cares. I have read the guys posts here for years. Peobably more sane than most here. Probably the most self-sufficent guy I have seen in years.In this day and age that is some accomplishment. The guy posted a picture of a pistol holster he hand made.........some of the best leather tooling i have ever seen........and I know he also skinned and tanned the leather himself.

As far as i'm concerned.......he is probably the only person i know who can look down on just about anyone for "feeding" off the system.

Besides. hes a nam vet. Got my respect.
In fact I am not in a registered party I switch vote as a Independent, and even voted demo for Bill Clinton the first time. By the 2nd time I knew him for what he was , just another liar n thief.

You are correct in that when i put up pics of items they are items I made. I can dress myself and my wife in high fashion from head to toe on a whim. Not modern fashions of course, but trimming in beadwork and sterling silver.

For as course and gruff as I can be , it is designed to get attention and in hope to wake some people the Hell UP!

But of course if they will be satisfied on crackers, which are better than nothing, and so of course nothing it better than crackers, then let them also eat cake.

I hear Marie Antoinette was fond of cake too, for her peoples. We still have the same stuff she was referring to as well. It's a good bet not many people know it though, and think it is a joke.

But that cake is no joke it is very real, and you see it in pizza parlors over American and it is the bready dust between the pizza being cooked, and the metal oven floor.

So let them eat that!

Today modern mans skills are border line at best and shopping is the only skill we seem to have left.

I see how great that skill is any time there is a bad enough storm to put out power and how great FEMA is racing to come save the day

I need to replace my battery radio, because each winter NH usually has a storm of merit too, and I just love to turn on that radio and hear the whine.... My car radio hard wired to the car battery in the house is impractical to move and just because there is a gennie here, if the power is ff for long enough I too can not replace the fuel.

For me not becoming a victim which appears to be very popular these days and ever SO fusissykated, I get time to go lend a for FREE hand to others who might be eldery more so than I am and maybe get a little excerize running my 2 chain saws

I can to that unibomber thing next year..

Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 AM

reading on. Sorry Jeff that you took so much heat for me.

I see the left have totally forgotten JFK stating 'Ask not what your country can do for you .Ask what you can DO for the country.'

To be in fashion and fusissykated you must beg off from the government as if you were a dog begging for a bone. Sorry i won't go there.

You lefties are just another kind of white meat like chicken........ It's a saying i wouldn't want to eat you, but i would feed you to the crabs just that same and i will eat the craps.

I don't fear lemmings and i have scared 2 sheep to death. That was a problem even.... of course you city dwellin leftys have no idea about sheep either, so I will be condemned for that too.

What i will do with the govt is demand my back gets fixed. Why not? I was hurt working on the job and I have come to the end of my line.. It can't be both ways. I either get fixed or I quit working and retire.

You people voted to spend on waste, and I am the waste. Because of course I don't count. I won't lay down, deliver, beg, nor whine.

People that are my heros are guys like Patrick Henry, John Paul Jones, but of course that was another place and another time and frankly these lefties ain't worth the dyin for.

I am beginning to think it's ok to let men who think they are females enter women's saunas and that like. The left love corruption, and assorted other vile, and immoral.

Just don't TAX me looking for cures of things like AID and HIV then....... Don't tax me for abortions or other forms of BC.

Hell in my day I paid for that myself. I don't understand why women even want the Govt in their bed rooms but i guess they do.

The Demo's are the people who are laughable to me.

Uh.......... lets just go shopping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or