U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 AM

30,105 posts, read 15,655,929 times

Advertisements

Here's our situation. This is Leftist Utopia. And they tried to tell us Romney's numbers didn't add up?

Thank you Obama voters! I hope you enjoy the misery that you will now be part of! It doesn't get any better than this. Hope they enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Articles: It's Your Move, Mr. President

Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 AM

76 posts, read 36,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Here's our situation. This is Leftist Utopia. And they tried to tell us Romney's numbers didn't add up?

Thank you Obama voters! I hope you enjoy the misery that you will now be part of! It doesn't get any better than this. Hope they enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Double down on rutting against America. You guys have not learned have you? Its that exact attitude that fired up the Obama base after four years of brutal attacks. Their is an invisible (to republicans)group of new politicaly active people. We spent the last year registering new Dem voters. We took people to the polls and showed them videos about how to use the voting machines. We demanded they participate because people died for your right to vote. We applied peer pressure to those around us who didn't get it. And you know what we used to light the fire. Your party's on people. Rush Limbaugh,Glenn Beck,Sean Hannity,Mike Gallagher and many others. We recorded their words and more importantly the words of their callers. We played it back at parties and while watching ball games. Once those that were not into it heard what the Romney vote was all about,they became just as active or more so than us.

We did all this on our own time. We sent money. We called it overtime for Obama. This happened all over the Country. And you guys still don't see us,but you will

Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

True -- Obama lost about 10 million votes between 2008 and 2012, the difference between Romney and McCain was 3 million so if that trend continues, the democrats will lose in 2016 -- even if they pick up a few million more votes of illegals.

Why did 10 million Obama voters go missing in action in 2012? It's the economy, the jobs he promised but never delivered. If he doesn't deliver jobs this four years for the American people or do something about the deficit and his wars, the democrats will only be left with that pro-illegal alien vote and that will not be enough to win in 2016.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM

76 posts, read 36,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True -- Obama lost about 10 million votes between 2008 and 2012, the difference between Romney and McCain was 3 million so if that trend continues, the democrats will lose in 2016 -- even if they pick up a few million more votes of illegals.

Why did 10 million Obama voters go missing in action in 2012? It's the economy, the jobs he promised but never delivered. If he doesn't deliver jobs this four years for the American people or do something about the deficit and his wars, the democrats will only be left with that pro-illegal alien vote and that will not be enough to win in 2016.
OK then. That's right. Do the same thing and expect a different result. What is that called?

Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM

11,367 posts, read 6,786,875 times
As a Libertarian and a peraon who has lived in or visited many regionss of this nation, I am aware of this disparity, but too many of the conservative base, particulary its blue-colar component, aren't. I have mentioned the GOP's lack of minority voters many times and ocasionally been countered with comments like "What does 1% - 5% of the country matter?" Some of the bumpkins are just that simplistic, merely because they don't get around that much.

But the sociological ignorance of the stump-jumpers and Bible-thumpers is a lot less of a threat when compared to the economic ignorance and outright hatred peddled by the radicals who were admitted to the Democrsts' Big Tent forty years ago, and promptly began hijacking its leadership.The economic reasoning of people like Limbaugh and Hannity, as opposed to the rants of their groupies, makes perfect sense, just as does the Ohjectivist (Randist?) tenet that the desire to meddle with the economy invariably leads to a desire for sterner measures and more power on the part of the ugliest components on the left side of the aisle.

A modest exemption for small- and medium- size investors -- say, a $5000 per-person excluaion for dividends, interest and traditional IRA withdrawls, would do a lot to allay these suspicions and possibly stimulate consumption and growth.

But the Democrats' leadership already understand that the vast majority of the nation's capital is already tax-exempt -- under the management of institutions and endowments often likely to be receptive to the softer Lefties' diluted snake oil. The real potential revenue grab lies where it always has -- on the cutting edge of the market economy, in the hands of potential whipping-boys who have never trusted the Democrats, and never will.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-10-2012 at 09:00 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 AM

4,989 posts, read 4,486,895 times
I would really like Boehner to come out and say, "We've spent the last 2 years trying to save this country from fiscal ruin. The people reelected Barack Obama, so we are not going to oppose his fiscal plans. We will allow him to raise taxes, impose regulations, etc. We do not agree with this plan, but the American people have voted for him twice, so we will give Americans what they wanted. We want to go on record now that we do think this plan is bad for America and the American people, and that has been said by multiple economists. But the American people have spoken, so we will not stand in the way."

And then let the people suffer for what they have done. We can live for years on our savings and investments. It won't hurt my family nearly as much. The people who will suffer the most are the people who voted for Obama in the the largest numbers- blacks, Hispanics, the young, and the poor. Sometimes you have to go through some pain to learn a lesson. I'm think this should be the time.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 AM

14,059 posts, read 9,787,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I would really like Boehner to come out and say, "We've spent the last 2 years trying to save this country for fiscal ruin. The people reelected Barack Obama, so we are not going to oppose his fiscal plans. We will allow him to raise taxes, impose regulations, etc. We do not agree with this plan, but the American people have voted for him twice, so we will give Americans what they wanted. We want to go on record now that we do think this plan is bad for America and the American people, and that has been said by multiple economists. But the American people have spoken, so we will not stand in the way .
I said this very thing election night. Give them what they want and then we'll see if they really wanted it.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,452,602 times
How long are the people that didnt want Obama to win going to cry and complain? Get over it Obama won....4 more years is a long time to cry and be bitter......gezzz

Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 AM

8,287 posts, read 7,304,756 times
The oxymoron that is the American Thinker. Honestly, when will you guys learn?

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 AM

14,059 posts, read 9,787,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
How long are the people that didnt want Obama to win going to cry and complain? Get over it Obama won....4 more years is a long time to cry and be bitter......gezzz
Exactly, he won. His policies appear to be what the American public asked for. Give it to them, I say, completely. Just say as you are doing it that you don't agree but until the American public sends a different message you are willing to do as they wish. We'll see how quickly the public is forced to wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or