U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,662,040 times

Advertisements

I always liked ron paul on domestic policy but not his foreign policy. I think i can get over that now and wished he was the nominee

Old 11-10-2012, 01:23 PM

33,134 posts, read 39,067,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I want to vote Republican. I really do. I just can't ignore women's or minority rights. GOP .... you don't control my wife's uterus. Sorry. Do i carry it for nine months? HAve to deal with moment to moment issues with it? No.

Why does the GOP want to own my baby?

Get a clue. Get off their bacls and help people. Do something constructive, please. Stop hating people.
I think the core of their beliefs is religious based and they've interpreted abortion as a clash with those beliefs,

Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sarah Palin 2016
Bachmann as VP? Or lets really think outside the box Limbaugh for President Ann Coulter VP.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,662,040 times
How about rubio/ rand paul

Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,409,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sarah Palin 2016
Can't rep you so soon. I did laugh out loud, though. Seriously, a hearty chuckle.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:18 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,397,919 times
Quote:
Heh. No. I'm a netowrk engineer just getting along. Romney would've been bad for us. I think Obama is the lesser of two evils. Tired of watching the GOP trying to control people's behavior through legislation.

That doesn't work.
You are 100% correct. But if you were a Republican Congressman, Senator, or Governor with that message, you would be verbally crucified by the Party and they would be loathe to even consider somebody like you running for president.

Your frustration and comments are on point, but expect them to fall on deaf ears inside the Party. Stubbornness and intolerance of dissent, intolerance of philosophical diversity is the name of the game in the GOP these days. Conservatives have not found a way to exist harmoniously with moderates, and don't want to, while at the same time libarals HAVE found a way to exist harmoniously with moderates.

I'm tired of watching the GOP trying to control people's behavior through legislation/government and then insisting at the same time that they STRONGLY believe in small government. Conservatives are the same as liberals when it comes to big vs. small government- each has a list of personal behaviors they want government out of the way of (small government) and a list of personal behaviors they want government all up in the middle of dictating to everyone (big government). Conservatives ought to come out and admit that they are FOR big government sometimes and stop lying and acting like legislating people's behavior is small government.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,397,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I think the core of their beliefs is religious based and they've interpreted abortion as a clash with those beliefs,
and, like radical Islamists, they want to force their religious beliefs upon the masses via government.

Amazing that they will act all outraged when they hear Islamists want to force citizens of Muslim nations into Sharia law when in fact they are trying to do basically the same thing with Christianity in the USA. They want a less free, more religiously controlled America.

I am a Christian, and I am evangelical. I just don't believe in forcing my beliefs on everybody else. I see nothing wrong with them ADVOCATING against women choosing abortion, but I do have a problem with them trying to use government to FORCE women to make the moral decision their own religious beliefs tell them those women should make.

You are correct- women having abortions IS against their religious beliefs. But you know what, so is worshipping Satan, but they are ok with America granting its citizens the religious freedom and right to worship Satan or any other god American citizens choose. I will say this as a Christian- one have to ask one's self why many evangelicals are against government allowing citizens to engage in some behaviors that God hates but all for government allowing citizens to engage in other behaviors that God hates.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
and, like radical Islamists, they want to force their religious beliefs upon the masses via government.

Amazing that they will act all outraged when they hear Islamists want to force citizens of Muslim nations into Sharia law when in fact they are trying to do basically the same thing with Christianity in the USA. They want a less free, more religiously controlled America.

I am a Christian, and I am evangelical. I just don't believe in forcing my beliefs on everybody else. I see nothing wrong with them ADVOCATING against women choosing abortion, but I do have a problem with them trying to use government to FORCE women to make the moral decision their own religious beliefs tell them those women should make.

You are correct- women having abortions IS against their religious beliefs. But you know what, so is worshipping Satan, but they are ok with America granting its citizens the religious freedom and right to worship Satan or any other god American citizens choose. I will say this as a Christian- one have to ask one's self why many evangelicals are against government allowing citizens to engage in some behaviors that God hates but all for government allowing citizens to engage in other behaviors that God hates.
I guess its a matter of perception as to when life is deemed to start, some dont believe it to be at the moment of conception...
If the thou shalt not kill commandment is to be invoked in this issue then why do Americans cling so desparately to their guns and why do we even need a military as thou shall not kill doesnt strike me as being a grey area in terminology,so if its only going to be used only in certain circumstances then abortion is one of those instances where the lines of logic arent clearly defined and are open to interpretation..

Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 AM

3,060 posts, read 2,555,099 times
Quote:
GOP .... you don't control my wife's uterus.
So if any candidate are pro-life, then you won't vote Republican.

Tell me, why should Republicans care about single issue Democrats like you?

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,193,081 times
Quote:
I'm a 40 year old - almost 41 year old - man with a wife, 2 kids and a job. You guys gave me a flip flopper who pissed off the world when he did his rounds about the other countries.

The rest were even worse ....... In 2008 you gave me McCain... didn't agree with all of his points, but still, he had my vote against Obama.. who was a no name. Seriously, he had no street cred at all. Then you slapped Palin on the ticket. Palin, who would've been President if McCain had died .. he's old .. bear with me. Palin as President? My heart quivers when I even think of that.

Are you F!$^%ng serious? And Paul Ryan now? Are you kidding me? That guy wants to own a woman's uterus. I got a wife. Let me tell you something. It's hers. Not yours. Get a clue.

Switch your bases GOP or get ready to fail forever. I ain't voting for people that want to control me or my wife's body parts.

You've got ideals I strive for. Then you hit me with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority (soon to be a majority) BS and I just go ..."Hell, no" and vote Dem. Please, please, please, give me something, someone .. who isn't so far Right that I puke.

Please.
Flip/Flop - Is Gitmo still open? Did Obama cut spending?

Palin - No room for any citizen to run unless they are experts like "JFK" (Mr. Vietnam, Mr. Let me bang hookers two at a time while my wife is gone, Let me ignore the civil rights bill until after the 64 election, that guy?) LBJ? - Racist to the core, expand the failed JFK war in Vietnam, Mr. Great Society - how did that work out? Nixon? Clinton? Bush II, now Obama?

Could we be much worse off with Palin? 16 trillion in debt, 20 - 30 million illegals, failed education system, a President that divided the nation by race,sex, income levels to get elected?

Paul Ryan - Oh, don't get serious about the budget, just let Pelosi and Reid take care of it because they love abortion. Can't do anything in this country unless we have abortion on demand, paid by the taxpayers, that is the number one issue facing us.

Anti-gay - you don't agree with their life style and you are anti-gay. We have to agree with everyone's life style or we are "anti".

Anti-Woman - yeah right...the new woman is a Georgetown law graduate demanding free condoms because she does not want to pay for them. I'm sure the rest of the world was so impressed with that lady.

Anti-minority? - Really? 30 percent of the federal work force is black. Affirmative action was started by a Republican. Bush II had the black leadership rewrite the voting rights bill, Republicans were the ones that forced the civil rights bill through, not democrats.

Anti-immigrant? - Reagan 1986, Bush II 2006. Enough said.

At the end of the day, what made this country great? Welfare state or hard work. We have a majority of people that now don't want the old traditional way of getting ahead - hard work - They want the vast social "safety net" that will keep expanding. No pain, none, zero, zip. You owe me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or