Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just like a lot of obama voters, you bought into the whole war on women/minorities/etc crap. granted some stupid republicans running for the senate said some stupid things, and the left managed to make it seem like all republicans wanted the same things, but that is far from the truth, and if you had done your own research you would have found this out.

as to romney, i grant you that he wasnt the ideal candidate for president, but if you are looking for the ideal, or perfect, candidate, you are always going to be disappointed by whomever the republicans put up as no one is perfect. even ronald reagan wasnt the perfect candidate.

as to the republicans needing to change, you are right on that, we need to get back to true conservative policies, because democrat light is not going to win elections for republicans. we also have to stop with pushing social issues as they are ALWAYS a loser for republicans. our strength is fiscal policies, and there again we cant be democrat light like bush41, bush43, mccain and romney, though romney had a good fiscal platform to run on.
REad between the lines.

Politicians lie. Every one.

Get back to something i can belive in. Won't vote for ths current bull****.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm a 40 year old - almost 41 year old - man with a wife, 2 kids and a job. You guys gave me a flip flopper who pissed off the world when he did his rounds about the other countries.

The rest were even worse ....... In 2008 you gave me McCain... didn't agree with all of his points, but still, he had my vote against Obama.. who was a no name. Seriously, he had no street cred at all. Then you slapped Palin on the ticket. Palin, who would've been President if McCain had died .. he's old .. bear with me. Palin as President? My heart quivers when I even think of that.

Are you F!$^%ng serious? And Paul Ryan now? Are you kidding me? That guy wants to own a woman's uterus. I got a wife. Let me tell you something. It's hers. Not yours. Get a clue.

Switch your bases GOP or get ready to fail forever. I ain't voting for people that want to control me or my wife's body parts.

You've got ideals I strive for. Then you hit me with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority (soon to be a majority) BS and I just go ..."Hell, no" and vote Dem. Please, please, please, give me something, someone .. who isn't so far Right that I puke.

Please.
No problemo just keep voting D-cat.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,256,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
I agree with many of your points and I think that you really hit the nail on the head, 70Ford.

However, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Just look at the responses and the sheer amount of venom, spite, and hatred being thrown around here by the extreme right-wing wackos for the past few days since the election. These people don't want to cooperate. As much as they like to preach it (and accuse the president of not doing it), they don't believe in bi-partisanship. It's their way, or the highway. Just look at one of the threads that someone posted on here with the title "Block Everything". Reaching across the aisle my behind!

I really hope (and I think there's a good chance too) that the GOP selects someone extremely far right-wing for 2016, so then we can hand their behinds another defeat. They'll continue to insult women, gays, minorities, the college educated, etc. etc. But that's okay, we'll just continue to drag them into the next century (kicking and screaming all the way I'm sure).

But the biggest thing that bugs me about the GOP is that they act like they're the only "true Americans" and that they're the only ones who work and pay taxes,etc., while the rest of us just sit on welfare and are parasitically eating away at the system. HA! My parents do extremely well for themselves financially, both have masters degrees from prestigious universities, and have lived on 3 continents with us, while I am a full-time university student who works an internship throughout the year in addition to my school work and extra-curricular activities and obligations. And we're all "ignorant liberals". So, please, spare me RWNJ's with your malarky!

I guess they'll never learn.....

Sour grapes
Nicely said CityLover9, unfortunately some will never get the idea of whats wrong as they seem to prefer living addicted to the emotion of hate, or as you pointed out the block everything mentality, its only Republicans themselves who can rid their party of this level of extremism because advice from liberals and Democrats is viewed as just leftwing propaganda and not to be taken seriously.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,199,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just like a lot of obama voters, you bought into the whole war on women/minorities/etc crap. granted some stupid republicans running for the senate said some stupid things, and the left managed to make it seem like all republicans wanted the same things, but that is far from the truth, and if you had done your own research you would have found this out.

as to romney, i grant you that he wasnt the ideal candidate for president, but if you are looking for the ideal, or perfect, candidate, you are always going to be disappointed by whomever the republicans put up as no one is perfect. even ronald reagan wasnt the perfect candidate.

as to the republicans needing to change, you are right on that, we need to get back to true conservative policies, because democrat light is not going to win elections for republicans. we also have to stop with pushing social issues as they are ALWAYS a loser for republicans. our strength is fiscal policies, and there again we cant be democrat light like bush41, bush43, mccain and romney, though romney had a good fiscal platform to run on.
That argument hold water if dozens of R led states hadn't tried to pass personhood bills over the last two years, if Ryan hadn't partnered with Akin to do the same thing in the US House, and if the entire R party hadn't doubled down on calling a young law student a sl*t for testifying that she thinks she should have the option of having birth control coverage on her health insurance, just like most other people in the country. I'm not even going to bother with the minority issues--I've made my point.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Nicely said CityLover9, unfortunately some will never get the idea of whats wrong as they seem to prefer living addicted to the emotion of hate, or as you pointed out the block everything mentality, its only Republicans themselves who can rid their party of this level of extremism because advice from liberals and Democrats is viewed as just leftwing propaganda and not to be taken seriously.
I want to vote Republican. I really do. I just can't ignore women's or minority rights. GOP .... you don't control my wife's uterus. Sorry. Do i carry it for nine months? HAve to deal with moment to moment issues with it? No.

Why does the GOP want to own my baby?

Get a clue. Get off their bacls and help people. Do something constructive, please. Stop hating people.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,659,479 times
The libertarians already have what you're looking for. Fiscal restraint and social tolerance. Government out of your wallet and your bedroom.

It's only because the media continues to ignore them and keeps pretending we only have two political parties that they have trouble gaining traction. On the other hand, Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate, just tallied over a million votes this cycle, more than any other candidate the Libertarian Party has ever run. These are ideas that are resonating with those who take the time to look beyond the D-R duopoly and do their homework.

Of course, the GOP could have just picked Ron Paul and gotten to this point already.

In any event, the evangelicals are killing the GOP, and the party needs to tell them to go pound sand, instead of continuing to pander to them. If you want your religious views to dictate social policy, move to Iran. This ain't a theocracy.

The GOP could go more libertarian and still differentiate itself from the Libertarian Party by sticking to an aggressive foreign policy, since that seems to be something so many Americans want. Of course, that means someone has to pay for all the tanks and bombs, so you'd be looking at a party that could be moderate on spending at best, but nowhere near conservative.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times
Sarah Palin 2016

Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,435,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Sarah Palin 2016
I've warned the GOP already not to put Sarah Palin or Paul Ryan on the 2016 ballot, it's a guaranteed lost. The GOP always nominates a moderate but it's the VP who always screws up everything. So imagine if either Palin or Ryan ran, they'd have Rush or Rove are there VP which is a automatic lost.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm a 40 year old - almost 41 year old - man with a wife, 2 kids and a job. You guys gave me a flip flopper who pissed off the world when he did his rounds about the other countries.

The rest were even worse ....... In 2008 you gave me McCain... didn't agree with all of his points, but still, he had my vote against Obama.. who was a no name. Seriously, he had no street cred at all. Then you slapped Palin on the ticket. Palin, who would've been President if McCain had died .. he's old .. bear with me. Palin as President? My heart quivers when I even think of that.

Are you F!$^%ng serious? And Paul Ryan now? Are you kidding me? That guy wants to own a woman's uterus. I got a wife. Let me tell you something. It's hers. Not yours. Get a clue.

Switch your bases GOP or get ready to fail forever. I ain't voting for people that want to control me or my wife's body parts.

You've got ideals I strive for. Then you hit me with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority (soon to be a majority) BS and I just go ..."Hell, no" and vote Dem. Please, please, please, give me something, someone .. who isn't so far Right that I puke.

Please.
Yet you voted for Obama. You're looking for a GOP candidate you can vote for and I'm looking for an informed voter. Hope we each find what we are looking for.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,480,290 times
Ron Paul would of been great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.