U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,411,168 times

Advertisements

I'm a 40 year old - almost 41 year old - man with a wife, 2 kids and a job. You guys gave me a flip flopper who pissed off the world when he did his rounds about the other countries.

The rest were even worse ....... In 2008 you gave me McCain... didn't agree with all of his points, but still, he had my vote against Obama.. who was a no name. Seriously, he had no street cred at all. Then you slapped Palin on the ticket. Palin, who would've been President if McCain had died .. he's old .. bear with me. Palin as President? My heart quivers when I even think of that.

Are you F!$^%ng serious? And Paul Ryan now? Are you kidding me? That guy wants to own a woman's uterus. I got a wife. Let me tell you something. It's hers. Not yours. Get a clue.

Switch your bases GOP or get ready to fail forever. I ain't voting for people that want to control me or my wife's body parts.

You've got ideals I strive for. Then you hit me with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority (soon to be a majority) BS and I just go ..."Hell, no" and vote Dem. Please, please, please, give me something, someone .. who isn't so far Right that I puke.

Please.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 AM

27,248 posts, read 15,033,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm a 40 year old - almost 41 year old - man with a wife, 2 kids and a job. You guys gave me a flip flopper who pissed off the world when he did his rounds about the other countries.

The rest were even worse ....... In 2008 you gave me McCain... didn't agree with all of his points, but still, he had my vote against Obama.. who was a no name. Seriously, he had no street cred at all. Then you slapped Palin on the ticket. Palin, who would've been President if McCain had died .. he's old .. bear with me. Palin as President? My heart quivers when I even think of that.

Are you F!$^%ng serious? And Paul Ryan now? Are you kidding me? That guy wants to own a woman's uterus. I got a wife. Let me tell you something. It's hers. Not yours. Get a clue.

Switch your bases GOP or get ready to fail forever. I ain't voting for people that want to control me or my wife's body parts.

You've got ideals I strive for. Then you hit me with all the anti-gay, anti-women, anti-minority (soon to be a majority) BS and I just go ..."Hell, no" and vote Dem. Please, please, please, give me something, someone .. who isn't so far Right that I puke.

Please.
I would venture to say that a whole lot of people feel exactly the same way you do.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,275,659 times
Quote:

Please.
Off-topic

I always thought that you were an old man posting...like in your 60s or 70s

Well, at any rate...carry on....

Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,411,168 times
Heh. No. I'm a netowrk engineer just getting along. Romney would've been bad for us. I think Obama is the lesser of two evils. Tired of watching the GOP trying to control people's behavior through legislation.

That doesn't work.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:47 AM

33,136 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Quote:

Please.
Good post 70Ford, you probably represent the thinking of many who never were comfortable getting on the current rightwing crazy train.

At least you acknowledge the problem, many dont and just look at it as a media generated plot or blame the loss on anything but reality or rely on Rush to tell them how to think... Over the next 4 years the Republican party has to redefine itself, having extremism as its base aint working,a move to more moderation has to be an objective, The GOP also has to show it can compromise and use bi-partisan politics to achieve benefits for the country, just saying no to everything is not gonna get more votes.
Republicans got to get rid of this insulting notion that only Republicans are true hardworking Americans and every one else are entitlement class welfare bums.
The party cant expect to win by alienating itself from half the electorate right from the get go,And have as its base predominantly angry old white men and birthers.
The party has to lose this attitude of hate for everything they dont like and replace it with a more moderate emotion, debate and compromise have to be in the equation
Getting rid of Tea Party attitudes, getting out of the FOX/Limbaugh frame of mind will go a long way to bring the party back to credibility from extremism.
Theres some good people out there ready to champion the conservative cause but as an example if they are going to get treated as a traitor as in Chris Christies case for working with the President to solve problems then who's going to want the job..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 AM

10,115 posts, read 6,730,157 times
The tea party came in on a "throw the bums out" wave election over fiscal conservatism in response to the recession. Instead they spent all their energy on abortion, immigration, attacking organized labor, etc. etc. They had their shot, and they blew it.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM

4,999 posts, read 3,753,372 times
Jon Huntsman fits the build but he has zero charisma and he's not nearly crazy enough socially for the base and I doubt he's as shallow as Willard to change ALL of his positions to placate whoever he's talking to at any particular moment.

Quite frankly, you need to blame the GOP "base" because those are the people that force social moderates like Romney and Huntsman to assume such draconian social positions. If Romney hadn't done so, Santorum would've been nominated ..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 AM

9,362 posts, read 22,337,260 times
I think the Megan McCains will shake up the party for the better. Either that or it will continue its decline.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM

30,881 posts, read 24,210,085 times
Quote:

Please.
just like a lot of obama voters, you bought into the whole war on women/minorities/etc crap. granted some stupid republicans running for the senate said some stupid things, and the left managed to make it seem like all republicans wanted the same things, but that is far from the truth, and if you had done your own research you would have found this out.

as to romney, i grant you that he wasnt the ideal candidate for president, but if you are looking for the ideal, or perfect, candidate, you are always going to be disappointed by whomever the republicans put up as no one is perfect. even ronald reagan wasnt the perfect candidate.

as to the republicans needing to change, you are right on that, we need to get back to true conservative policies, because democrat light is not going to win elections for republicans. we also have to stop with pushing social issues as they are ALWAYS a loser for republicans. our strength is fiscal policies, and there again we cant be democrat light like bush41, bush43, mccain and romney, though romney had a good fiscal platform to run on.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 AM

692 posts, read 786,094 times
I agree with many of your points and I think that you really hit the nail on the head, 70Ford.

However, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Just look at the responses and the sheer amount of venom, spite, and hatred being thrown around here by the extreme right-wing wackos for the past few days since the election. These people don't want to cooperate. As much as they like to preach it (and accuse the president of not doing it), they don't believe in bi-partisanship. It's their way, or the highway. Just look at one of the threads that someone posted on here with the title "Block Everything". Reaching across the aisle my behind!

I really hope (and I think there's a good chance too) that the GOP selects someone extremely far right-wing for 2016, so then we can hand their behinds another defeat. They'll continue to insult women, gays, minorities, the college educated, etc. etc. But that's okay, we'll just continue to drag them into the next century (kicking and screaming all the way I'm sure).

But the biggest thing that bugs me about the GOP is that they act like they're the only "true Americans" and that they're the only ones who work and pay taxes,etc., while the rest of us just sit on welfare and are parasitically eating away at the system. HA! My parents do extremely well for themselves financially, both have masters degrees from prestigious universities, and have lived on 3 continents with us, while I am a full-time university student who works an internship throughout the year in addition to my school work and extra-curricular activities and obligations. And we're all "ignorant liberals". So, please, spare me RWNJ's with your malarky!

I guess they'll never learn.....

Sour grapes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or