U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,559 posts, read 3,483,102 times
Reputation: 2181

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
We CAN'T forget even if we wanted to. SIR. Key words are UNFUNDED and "FAULTY INTELLIGENCE."
We've been paying for it physically, financially, and mentally since 9/11.
It wasn't even faulty. Cheney made the whole thing up and duped Powell. Powell has since called him on it. Hundreds of thousands of people just so Cheney and Bush (in that order) could have a war. Everyone knows that Bush was just following Cheney's orders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,848 posts, read 41,585,530 times
Reputation: 14070
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
If you read the exit polls and analyze the results which I tried to do in my post, it appears that what the American electorate wants is a balanced and fair approach to government. However, this is not necessarily what our representatives will deliver. We need a centrist party. But lacking a centrist party, the electorate has divided up the government, rejected fringe policies, and dismissed fringe candidates. Hopefully, the wise electorate will prevail.
Gerrymandering has exacerbated the polarization and inability of our Congress to compromise. Our red districts are REALLY red and the blue districts are REALLY blue. Thus, there is no middle ground. Therefore, the two sides cannot compromise.

Further, too many of our Representatives could have never earned those salaries and benefits in their private lives until their election to Congress. So, their own self-interest - keeping that lucrative job - trumps doing what is best for the country.

We cannot go on this way.

In addition to consideration of amending the Constitution to eliminate the Electoral College, instituting term limits on our Senators and Representatives, it should become illegal in all states to gerrymander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
2,295 posts, read 2,034,735 times
Reputation: 3102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Third world populations and degenerates voted for Obama. Real, traditional Americans did not, by and large.

Do you have any idea -- or care, for that matter -- how offensive that is?

My daughters and I all voted for Obama.

My mother's family first arrived here by boat as immigrants ... on the Mayflower.

My father's family first came here as Dutch immigrants ... when New York was New Amsterdam.

I'm as white bread as you can get. I have a superior education and a professional career. My family voted for Obama.

And every single solitary activist I've been working with these last couple of years, who all voted for Obama, are middle class professionals, most of them white, all with a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Most of them in late middle age or older.

None of us are rich, if anything we're sliding into lower class lifestyles thanks to the Bush years. But we chose Obama to help us, not your filthy, greedy, heartless, ignorant white bread candidate.

So now tell me how we're bizarre outliers. How no one else in the country like me voted for Obama. Please. Tell me how I'm just a degenerate. Go ahead, you mewling, flap-mouthed lout. You could have expected the poor, minorities and women to vote for Obama. What cost Romney the election is losing people like me.
Absolutely right on the money.

My wife and I are white, educated, and certainly not poor. We both voted for Obama. My parents are white, certainly not poor, and voted for Obama.

That post sums up why the GOP is on the road to irrelevance. Instead of waking up and realizing that the United States of 2012 is not the United States of 1950, or even 1980, they would rather bash minorities and the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 5,311,715 times
Reputation: 1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Third world populations and degenerates voted for Obama. Real, traditional Americans did not, by and large.

Do you have any idea -- or care, for that matter -- how offensive that is?

My daughters and I all voted for Obama.

My mother's family first arrived here by boat as immigrants ... on the Mayflower.

My father's family first came here as Dutch immigrants ... when New York was New Amsterdam.

I'm as white bread as you can get. I have a superior education and a professional career. My family voted for Obama.

And every single solitary activist I've been working with these last couple of years, who all voted for Obama, are middle class professionals, most of them white, all with a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Most of them in late middle age or older.

None of us are rich, if anything we're sliding into lower class lifestyles thanks to the Bush years. But we chose Obama to help us, not your filthy, greedy, heartless, ignorant white bread candidate.

So now tell me how we're bizarre outliers. How no one else in the country like me voted for Obama. Please. Tell me how I'm just a degenerate. Go ahead, you mewling, flap-mouthed lout. You could have expected the poor, minorities and women to vote for Obama. What cost Romney the election is losing people like me.

You and your relatives voted against yourselves and against your country by voting for Obama. The layoff notices have already been issued:

Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night | FreedomWorks
Applebee’s targeted after franchisee mulls hiring freeze in response to Obamacare | Twitchy
John Schnatter Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

This is just the tip of the layoff iceberg under Obama, thanks to voters like you and your family.

To say I have ZERO sympathy for an Obama supporter who loses their job is an understatement. If an Obama supporter loses their job, I am happy to hear that news and hope they remain unemployed for the duration of their life. You wanted it, you got it; reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,559 posts, read 3,483,102 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Gerrymandering has exacerbated the polarization and inability of our Congress to compromise. Our red districts are REALLY red and the blue districts are REALLY blue. Thus, there is no middle ground. Therefore, the two sides cannot compromise.

Further, too many of our Representatives could have never earned those salaries and benefits in their private lives until their election to Congress. So, their own self-interest - keeping that lucrative job - trumps doing what is best for the country. In the Senate, less so.

We cannot go on this way.

In addition to consideration of amending the Constitution to eliminate the Electoral College, term limits on our Senators and Representatives, it should become illegal in all states to gerrymander.
Totally agree. On your point concerning gerrymandering, as it turns out there were more votes for Democrats at the Congressional level yet Republicans still won a majority. You points concerning the motivations of Representative is right on point. I know that Americans know this. We are searching for real solutions. I am with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,559 posts, read 3,483,102 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You and your relatives voted against yourselves and against your country by voting for Obama. The layoff notices have already been issued:

Mourning in America - Here's Those Layoffs We Voted For Last Night | FreedomWorks
Applebee’s targeted after franchisee mulls hiring freeze in response to Obamacare | Twitchy
John Schnatter Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

This is just the tip of the layoff iceberg under Obama, thanks to voters like you and your family.

To say I have ZERO sympathy for an Obama supporter who loses their job is an understatement. If an Obama supporter loses their job, I am happy to hear that news and hope they remain unemployed for the duration of their life. You wanted it, you got it; reap what you sow.
Millions lost their jobs and trillions of dollars of wealth during the Bush administration. The uber-rich don't act any differently whether it be a Republican or Democratic administration. They will work people longer hours, for less money and less benefits and push it to its limits. Without union protection we are marching back to the early 1900's where workers were basically lucky to get enough to pay back to their employers for room and board (sixteen tons and what do you get, another day older and deeper and depth), and I am sure the owners would just love to bring back serfdom. We are not far from that since there are less and less jobs that offer livable wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,786,580 times
Reputation: 4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Once again the American Electorate gets it right:

1) Balanced approach to our deficit: the electorate rejected Romney's call for more tax cuts for the wealthy, more defense spending, without articulating which government programs will be cut.

2) Less government spending: the electorate re-elected a Republican House to underscore that they want less government spending.

3) Less government intrusion: Pro-choice is the law of the land. Everyone should have equal access to the law (e.g. gay rights).

4) Immigration reform: self-deportation is silly. We need well thought out laws. The Republicans heard the message loud and clear.

5) Government has a role: highways, catastrophic storms need a multi-state approach. However, this does not mean that we need more government. We need more efficient government. There are now 30 Republican governors.

6) The Religious Right's views are unacceptable: Statements about rape and abortion uttered by the religious right's candidates were deemed unacceptable and helped keep the Senate in Democratic hands.

All and all, the American Electorate voted with great wisdom. Unfortunately, not all representatives reflect this wisdom. We need more choices. Better candidates. But a wise electorate is a good start and proves that there is a place between MSNC and Fox News that many of use share.
if people think they voted for less government intrusion, they are idiots.

i have to laugh at the "american electorate voted with great wisdom". it amazes me that they are even happy because this election proved that the takers outnumber the givers in this country (mostly due to the influx of people from other countries who could give a rat's behind about this particular country)and yet they are happy.

frankly, you would think that that might be a cause for concern and they would be a little worried about that thought-but not for these voters of "great wisdom".

i see krugman, the king of the liberal idiots, is talking about how trashing the US dollar is going to be good for us.

right.

and the liberals who pretend, with all the fake sincerity they can muster, that they are for the "common man" don't even blink an eye-because it is clearly great to degrade the working man's wages for the better good.

again, i am down here in my not yet nanny state (at least for now) enjoying my big gulp while i wait for the liberal agenda to play out here in america.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-10-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,162,715 times
Reputation: 23168
Serfdom would be an improvement to the communism we are headed for. If you voted for Obama you voted for communism. It is your fault, not mine, or Romney's.

I noticed several brought up how educated they are. All I have to say is you missed something somewhere in your education because you did not come out of it very smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Chicago
5,559 posts, read 3,483,102 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if people think they voted for less government intrusion, they are idiots.

i have to laugh at the "american electorate voted with great wisdom". it amazes me that they are even happy because this election proved that the takers outnumber the givers in this country (mostly due to the influx of people from other countries who could give a rat's behind about this particular country)and yet they are happy.

frankly, if i realized that i wouldn't be very excited about the election.

i see krugman, the king of the liberal idiots, is talking about how trashing the US dollar is going to be good for us.

right.
You underestimate the wisdom, knowledge, commonsense of Americans. Many people do, many commentators and talking heads do, and many politicians do. They are wrong in underestimating. The problem is not with the American people but with the candidate choices that are presented to them. Change is needed in the basic selection of candidates and the only way I can think of is a new centrist party one that allows centrist candidates to thrive --- not marginalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
 
4,176 posts, read 5,311,715 times
Reputation: 1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Millions lost their jobs and trillions of dollars of wealth during the Bush administration. The uber-rich don't act any differently whether it be a Republican or Democratic administration. They will work people longer hours, for less money and less benefits and push it to its limits. Without union protection we are marching back to the early 1900's where workers were basically lucky to get enough to pay back to their employers for room and board (sixteen tons and what do you get, another day older and deeper and depth), and I am sure the owners would just love to bring back serfdom. We are not far from that since there are less and less jobs that offer livable wages.
All I can say is that, if you think it's bad now, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Obama is going to be a much more radical left-wing America hating Communist in his 2nd term than he was in his 1st. You heard what he said to Medvyedev/Putin and the increased regulations and taxes have yet to kick in (for the most part). I heard he has massive regulations that he was waiting to unleash until after the election.

If you think there aren't enough jobs now, there will be even fewer moving forward. You can thank yourself and the other Obama supporters for the worsening Economy. If you voted for Obama, you deserve to be unemployed the rest of your life. You voted to destroy the economy so, if you lose your job, you got what you deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top