Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, the Tea Party people organized. So should the rest of America. The electorate cannot sit it out anymore until the next election. The Congress and President need to be held accountable daily.

Exactly.

Another misguided "lover of this country" regurgitating unfounded nonsense.

And I'll bet you thought Sam Wang, Simon Jackman, and Nate Silver were phony blowhards and pretenders, as well. Do you even know who they are?

You gotta stop listening to Bullsh*t Mountain News and the three-stooges loonies of Limbaugh, Hannity and Coulter. That media outlet and those people and their ignorant followers are the ones living fantasies and holding back this country.
There isnt a line of your response, that doesnt involve HATE.. Ever ask yourself why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Even the Obama administration said the $5T cuts was a LIE..

And the $2T in additional spending was actually a CUT in growth.

Obama should be proud to have the dumb peoples votes..

The figures came from an independent analysis. If they were incorrect, Romney had plenty of time and money to lay out the specifics. What we got was hot air and some sort off promises that it will all work out if you just trust him. That dog just want hunt.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The figures came from an independent analysis. If they were incorrect, Romney had plenty of time and money to lay out the specifics. What we got was hot air and some sort off promises that it will all work out if you just trust him. That dog just want hunt.
No, the figures came from someone who worked on the Obama campaign staff, who then left to start an "independent" company.

Romney said it was a lie, and even the Democrats admitted it was a lie..

Cutter Concedes $5 Trillion Attack On Romney Is Not True (Obama Lies) - YouTube

It was a figure they pulled out of their ass so dumb people would repeat it..

THE MATH DOESNT COME CLOSE..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
No, the figures came from someone who worked on the Obama campaign staff, who then left to start an "independent" company.

Romney said it was a lie, and even the Democrats admitted it was a lie..
From FactCheck.org:

"An Obama ad uses a truncated quote that makes NBC’s Andrea Mitchell seem to contradict Romney’s statement that his tax plan doesn’t amount to a $5 trillion cut. In fact, she went on to say Romney “said again tonight that his plan would be paid for.”"

"The $5 trillion question is how would Romney offset the tax revenue loss in order to make his plan revenue neutral? Romney hasn’t provided specifics — saying he will work with Congress on a plan to make up the lost revenue and insisting that the economy will grow enough to make up for the rest. Mitchell made a point of noting Romney’s lack of specifics in her fact-checking segment, as did we in our debate fact-checking article."

Romney can claim, has claimed, and continue to claim whatever he wants. As the Etch-A-Sketch candidate he felt that no one cares. But the American electorate does care. The next time some one proposes $5 trillion in tax cuts he/she better be prepared to talk about how it is going to be paid for. The Bush tax cuts are the last time this gimmick will be tolerated by the American taxpayer.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
From FactCheck.org:

"An Obama ad uses a truncated quote that makes NBC’s Andrea Mitchell seem to contradict Romney’s statement that his tax plan doesn’t amount to a $5 trillion cut. In fact, she went on to say Romney “said again tonight that his plan would be paid for.”"
Simple math question for the dumb.

Federal government receives about $900B a year in income tax revenues.. If you cut that by 20%, how the hell do you get $5TRILLION in cuts.

The question isnt, if it will be paid for, the question is, HOW DO YOU GET $5TRILLION?
Quote:
"The $5 trillion question is how would Romney offset the tax revenue loss in order to make his plan revenue neutral? Romney hasn’t provided specifics — saying he will work with Congress on a plan to make up the lost revenue and insisting that the economy will grow enough to make up for the rest. Mitchell made a point of noting Romney’s lack of specifics in her fact-checking segment, as did we in our debate fact-checking article."
There was no fn $5T in cuts. The next time you run around repeating such lies, make sure they arent so easily proven to be a LIE.. THE MATH DOES NOT COME CLOSE!!!

Hey, I bet you think the $4T in spending cuts under Obama was "real" though, dont you? I'd be embarassed..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM

Again from FactCheck.org

"To be clear, Romney has proposed cutting personal federal income tax rates across the board by 20 percent, in addition to extending the tax cuts enacted early in the Bush administration. He also proposes to eliminate the estate tax permanently, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, and eliminate taxes on interest, capital gains and dividends for taxpayers making under $200,000 a year in adjusted gross income.

By themselves, those cuts would, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, lower federal tax liability by “about $480 billion in calendar year 2015” compared with current tax policy, with Bush cuts left in place. The Obama campaign has extrapolated that figure out over 10 years, coming up with a $5 trillion figure over a decade."

Old 11-11-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Again from FactCheck.org

"To be clear, Romney has proposed cutting personal federal income tax rates across the board by 20 percent, in addition to extending the tax cuts enacted early in the Bush administration. He also proposes to eliminate the estate tax permanently, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, and eliminate taxes on interest, capital gains and dividends for taxpayers making under $200,000 a year in adjusted gross income.

By themselves, those cuts would, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, lower federal tax liability by “about $480 billion in calendar year 2015” compared with current tax policy, with Bush cuts left in place. The Obama campaign has extrapolated that figure out over 10 years, coming up with a $5 trillion figure over a decade."
Again my response
Quote:
Simple math question for the dumb.

Federal government receives about $900B a year in income tax revenues.. If you cut that by 20%, how the hell do you get $5TRILLION in cuts.
That "nonpartisan Tax Policy Center"..

ISNT NON PARTISAN.. The guy WORKED FOR OBAMA...

Try again...

Old 11-11-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Again my response

That "nonpartisan Tax Policy Center"..

ISNT NON PARTISAN.. The guy WORKED FOR OBAMA...

Try again...
Check your figures again. See if $2.3 trillion in tax revenue comes up in your extensive research. Not to be rude, but I will not be responding to your posts any more. I am not FactCheck.org and it isn't my job to respond to do your homework. If anyone wants to believe anything you post, they should check FactCheck.org or Wikipedia.

Last edited by richrf; 11-11-2012 at 02:30 AM..

Old 11-11-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Check your figures again. See if $2.3 trillion in tax revenue comes up in your extensive research. Not to be rude, but I will not be responding to your posts any more. I am not FactCheck.org and it isn't my job to respond to do your homework. If anyone wants to believe anything you post, they should check FactCheck.org or Wikipedia.
We're not talking about the reveneus part of the equation, just the TAX CUTS...

I didnt ask you to be "factcheck", I asked you to backup statements YOU MADE as FACT...

Whats wrong there bucko? You cant do the math to realise that the cuts arent even CLOSE to what they stated? Dont blame me because you bought their lies.. Hell, the fact that you need to keep going to "factcheck", when BASIC 5th grade math, says its a LIE.. is histerical...

Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
We're not talking about the reveneus part of the equation, just the TAX CUTS...

I didnt ask you to be "factcheck", I asked you to backup statements YOU MADE as FACT...

Whats wrong there bucko? You cant do the math to realise that the cuts arent even CLOSE to what they stated? Dont blame me because you bought their lies.. Hell, the fact that you need to keep going to "factcheck", when BASIC 5th grade math, says its a LIE.. is histerical...
It's all lies. A lot of it is an assumption that tax revenue is static, i.e. if rates decrease 10% revenues will decrease 10% and if rates increase 10% revenues will increase 10%. Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by now and he hasn't passed a budget in years or even lowered the deficit. Remember, the deficit he 'inherited' was artificially high b/c it was at the peak of the financial crisis and a lot of money was spent in an emergent manner on TARP and auto bailouts. Much of the money has since bee paid back to the treasury and we're no longer in the acute stage of the credit crisis, so the natural course of the deficit would be downward. That said, the deficit has remained $1T+ b/c Obama's spending is reckless and tax revenue is still very weak b/c the private economy cannot expand under such difficult circumstances. Besides the layoff notices that were announced (trust me...many more of those are coming), it has been said anecdotally that many businesses were waiting until after the election to decide whether or not to hire. Naturally, they're going to decide not to now as Obama has a 'boot to their throat' as Ken Salazar said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections